Sponsored

GT350: Yay or Nay? Advice wanted :}

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I want it because it's special, because it's in my opinion gorgeous, and it's the absolute best sounding car that I've ever heard from the factory.
That wouldn't be enough for me to spend that kind of coin. And as far as exhausts go, I've heard many GT350s and many Mustang GTs with aftermarket exhausts (mine, being one). To ME, they ALL sound awesome (except the overly loud pipes). V8s sound awesome. Every SRT 392 I've heard sounds awesome. Maybe the GT350 is slightly better but it's by such small margins that it's irrelevant to me. My car sounds incredible to me and to anyone who hears it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I believe the GT350/GT350R is a special moment in time for Ford considering it has a Flat Plane crank motor (most likely a one-time thing) and the future of ecoboost and power-adder motors on cars to come. While I like the Mustang GT, I don't consider it to be even close as far as the specialness of the GT350... I would not have jumped from BMW's/Corvettes to a GT while I was happy to do so with the GT350.

If you can afford it within reason, do it! In the past (college years, after graduation, etc.) I had no problem with sacrificing things to get a special car that I wanted, and I have no regrets. I actually am glad I have the fond memories of those cars.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Rumor has it that the new mid-engine Corvette will have a DOHC 5.5L FPC engine that can spin to 9k. Yeah! No manual tranmission though. Boo!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Rumor has it that the new mid-engine Corvette will have a DOHC 5.5L FPC engine that can spin to 9k. Yeah! No manual tranmission though. Boo!
God help me if that turns out to be true. #GonnaGoBroke

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
OP...Dude you make more than enough money and have practically no bills...if you want a gt350, shit or get off the pot! Like another member said, YOLO!! It's all in how you budget your money, you sound like a smart guy so you should be able to figure it out. I'm 32 and just bought my first new gt350 a couple weeks ago, traded my gt in and 10k got my payment where I wanted them and a premium interest rate, and I'm just a dirty ol welder...I've worked my ass off for the last 13 years and don't regret spending any money on things that make me happy. I've got a beautiful 2 story house I built 5 years ago on a nice chunk of land, a beautiful wife of 12 years,no kids, a 2015 f350 lariat I bought brand new (paid for) and a bunch of toys and have never made over 100k in a year EVER.My point is, be smart with your money but enjoy life man. And I'm not privileged at all never had a handout either...my dad is a drug addict bum and my mother lives 600 miles away and works at a Christian bookstore part time. ZERO handouts on my end. But it's made me who I am. BUY THE DAMN CAR!!!! You won't regret it. Coming from my built 17 premium., my only regret is not getting the gt350 the first time around

Sponsored
OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
OP...Dude you make more than enough money and have practically no bills...if you want a gt350, shit or get off the pot! Like another member said, YOLO!! It's all in how you budget your money, you sound like a smart guy so you should be able to figure it out.
Hey man! Thanks for the kind works, really. BUT, you're (presumably) on double income and already own a home!!! I'm on single income in a very expensive part of the country, arguably the most expensive, and I sadly don't own a home yet :(. I've been so focused on finding a 350 without any Dealer Markup that I literally, and I know it's funny, forgot about taxes + miscellaneous fees, and with shipping + clear bra it would be like 70-72k, which is honestly a lot of money hahaha, more than I'm even willing to pay let alone afford. My limit, ironically, was about msrp (61-62k including Electronics).

I'm hoping and praying that riding out my lease and being extremely patient (even though I've already been extremely patient for 2 years now for a 350) that it'll pay off once I give this car back. I'm fairly confident that it shouldn't be a problem getting the car after May 2020 whether it's a new 2019 sitting on a lot or slightly used 2019 or 2018, don't care either way I just want the car :}. Doubt I'd want any other car even fast forwarding two years, that's how much I like this car. Which is weird cause I've never been in one lol. Only seen every YouTube vid with the numbers "350" tagged in it hahaha :D :cool:

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Just save up another 10k and BOOM. It'll be worth it. And for the record, my wife and I have separate accounts, I pay the bills and she takes care of the horses and medical stuff with her money. So I guess it helps a little but not what most would think. But good luck with your endeavors!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
IMHO, your student loans aren’t that much. Pay them off first. One less headache to worry about.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I sold my GT350 years ago for this and can’t wait anymore. OMG, JC and holy shiit !

Ladies and Gentlemen the C8 !

From the C8 forum today with a lot of imput from those who have seen it.
Off topic, but slow down... This is just 2 guys on Corvette Forum’s rendering. C/D’s rendering on their latest mag cover is much more subdued. Time will tell. Regardless, I’m not sure why anyone would get a GT500 when the C8 will take the automotive world by storm, unless you are just a brand loyalist.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
OP, you listed most of the good reasons to own a 350. If you like those things you WILL NOT be disappointed. You also thought about the purchase way more in depth than most here I’m sure lol. Go buy the car!

PS...you can find some new under MSRP now:cheers:
Sponsored