Sponsored

Broken Valve/ Motor Blown

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
7 weeks today for me. I’m really hoping to have a worksheet from them at the beginning of the week. They said it takes 7-10 business days. Day 6 is Monday, so I am holding onto hope that there is SOME possibility I can have the new car by this coming weekend if all of the stars, planets, and luck align themselves.

Worksheet has to have the correct figures on it. I accept, go to the dealer to do the financing, they ship the car. Dealer said it takes a day or so to get the car from where it’s at.

So in theory, if I got a worksheet Monday/Tuesday, went to the dealership the same or next day, I could have the new car by this weekend.

Getting tired of not having my hobby parked in the garage...
Geez man that sucks. I sure hope they get it sorted for you this week. Reading this mess just has me convinced I'll buy a damn MMR or FRPP pan before I let mine sit at the dealership that long. The buyback doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Geez man that sucks. I sure hope they get it sorted for you this week. Reading this mess just has me convinced I'll buy a damn MMR or FRPP pan before I let mine sit at the dealership that long. The buyback doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle at all.

Honestly, it will be worth it, but my patience is low normally, so this has been hell for me lol.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Honestly, it will be worth it, but my patience is low normally, so this has been hell for me lol.
LOL, yeah I'm right there with you. I'm not a particularly patient person either. Other than this oil leak mess, I really like my 18 so far. I'm sure you will too.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
LOL, yeah I'm right there with you. I'm not a particularly patient person either. Other than this oil leak mess, I really like my 18 so far. I'm sure you will too.
IF I ever actually get the car lol.

I have tried to call both my case worker AND her supervisor today. Close to 20 phone calls today, still cant get a hold of anyone.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
IF I ever actually get the car lol.

I have tried to call both my case worker AND her supervisor today. Close to 20 phone calls today, still cant get a hold of anyone.
Caller ID man, you gotta go find a payphone. lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So after 26 phone calls. Yes. 26. I FINALLY got through to the case worker. I asked for an update, which she told me that she hasn't gotten the paperwork back yet, it normally takes 5-7 business days(different answer than I got last week) and because of the high volume of work they have, it may take up to 10 days, and I should hear back by the end of the week.

and that was about it

I came out and blatantly asked, how long is it going to be until I have a car. She replied with, It could be up to another month.

Needless to say, that is not the answer I was looking for. The weather is getting MUCH nicer, I am paying for a "nice weather car" and I don't have one. I even brought that up with the caseworker, and told her that the money isnt the issue, it is the fact that I don't have a car.

Not much more she really said, except another sorry, and there are a lot of steps involved and it may take more time.

OHHHH and to make matters worse, one of my friends that works around the dealership my 2017 is at, sent me a picture today of the car sitting outside. He told me it looks like it has weight in the front end again(rebuilt engine is in the car) and they never have called me to come and get the car.

So, they can keep the car there I guess. Can't even tell me that the car is done and to come get it. Im glad that I have pictures of the car before it went into the shop(and while it was in the shop) to prove the condition that the car was in beforehand.

I'm starting to get to the end of what I can handle at this point, and Im half tempted to call them back up and have them buy the car back, and walk away from ford all together. I would gladly take my wifes escape and trade it in as well. I really hope up to a month means this week... This coming saturday will be two months without a car.

Rasn1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jer
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium 5.0 black accent pack, 3.55 gears
Tell them you want a new mustang loaner and beat the hell out of it

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Tell them you want a new mustang loaner and beat the hell out of it

Haha. The case worker did make sure I knew I was entitled to a loaner vehicle. No way for me to get a loaner though, my 2017 is done at the dealer from my understanding. Dealer never called me to come get it, so I’ll just let it sit there I guess...

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
So after 26 phone calls. Yes. 26. I FINALLY got through to the case worker. I asked for an update, which she told me that she hasn't gotten the paperwork back yet, it normally takes 5-7 business days(different answer than I got last week) and because of the high volume of work they have, it may take up to 10 days, and I should hear back by the end of the week.

and that was about it

I came out and blatantly asked, how long is it going to be until I have a car. She replied with, It could be up to another month.

Needless to say, that is not the answer I was looking for. The weather is getting MUCH nicer, I am paying for a "nice weather car" and I don't have one. I even brought that up with the caseworker, and told her that the money isnt the issue, it is the fact that I don't have a car.

Not much more she really said, except another sorry, and there are a lot of steps involved and it may take more time.

OHHHH and to make matters worse, one of my friends that works around the dealership my 2017 is at, sent me a picture today of the car sitting outside. He told me it looks like it has weight in the front end again(rebuilt engine is in the car) and they never have called me to come and get the car.

So, they can keep the car there I guess. Can't even tell me that the car is done and to come get it. Im glad that I have pictures of the car before it went into the shop(and while it was in the shop) to prove the condition that the car was in beforehand.

I'm starting to get to the end of what I can handle at this point, and Im half tempted to call them back up and have them buy the car back, and walk away from ford all together. I would gladly take my wifes escape and trade it in as well. I really hope up to a month means this week... This coming saturday will be two months without a car.
Ugh, that sucks.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
If they said they will give you a loaner, you should take it. At this point, I wouldn't accept the old car under any condition. Just leave it at the dealership and wait for the buyback process to be done.
If you took your old car back and something happened to it, they might alter the buyback somehow. Not worth it.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Idk how you're keeping your sanity. It was a month before I took my car and traded it in. They repainted it 4 times due to crappy paint work each time. I'm never touching Ford again. I think we're all rooting for you here since it's been a roller coaster ride. If I were you, I'd be looking for a zl1 or a hellcat and telling Ford to go suck a big one. You can get a hellcat lease for $599 a month with 3k down.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Idk how you're keeping your sanity. It was a month before I took my car and traded it in. They repainted it 4 times due to crappy paint work each time. I'm never touching Ford again. I think we're all rooting for you here since it's been a roller coaster ride. If I were you, I'd be looking for a zl1 or a hellcat and telling Ford to go suck a big one. You can get a hellcat lease for $599 a month with 3k down.
I’m wondering the same thing honestly. I’m not a patient person, so it’s been a whole lot of not fun through this whole ordeal.

I’ve honestly been looking at some vettes out there, and that would be a hell of an upgrade.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If they said they will give you a loaner, you should take it. At this point, I wouldn't accept the old car under any condition. Just leave it at the dealership and wait for the buyback process to be done.
If you took your old car back and something happened to it, they might alter the buyback somehow. Not worth it.

That’s my plan, to not take it back. It can sit there for however long until I get the new car, IF I ever get the new car. I did take photos of the car before it went into the dealer, so I at least covered those bases.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Well, it only took three calls to get a hold of my caseworkers supervisor today.

I explained to her what was going on, how frustrated I am, how many ford vehicles that I've owned, how unhappy I am about the fact that its taking so long, etc etc.

She told me that currently, they are waiting for the financial department to get the worksheet done. Same song and dance that I have been told for the past week or so.

She goes on to tell me that the financial department JUST started working on cases that were submitted on April 1st(which I find odd because april 1st was a sunday) and that she isnt sure how quickly they get through a days worth of submitted cases.

Basically, If it takes them a day to get through a days worth of cases, I could still be waiting for weeks.

She told me to check back in with my caseworker on friday and see if she has gotten a worksheet yet. I kind of laughed, and explained to the supervisor that I have never received a call or email from my caseworker, that I never had an initial phone call from her, and that her communication with me has been horrendous, and that I am tired of being the one who has to keep calling them to get answers.

At any rate, this may take some time still. Im thoroughly pissed off.

Last edited:

STangfan44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Sucks to hear you're having to go through all this, but on the plus side, they are making it right at the end of the day. You get a new ride and never have to worry about whether repairs would hold up. I would suspect the administrative BS you're having to go through now would be the same at any brand. It will be worth it in the end when you get that new car. Hang in there.
Sponsored