Sponsored

Ford won't do the right thing-3rd A/C evaporator in less than 3 years-2015 Mustang

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bought a 2015 Mustang brand new from dealer. Car has been maintained at the dealer with all recommended servicing. Car has A/C evaporator issue which is a known problem with this year. Car won't be 3 years old until July 2018(3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty).

Unfortunately with GF and family in the next county, car is 5k miles over the 36k limit.
1st. evaporator went at about 14 months.
2nd. evaporator went a few weeks ago.
3rd.evaporator is now needed-in less than 3 years of ownership!!

At first, Ford Customer Relations said they "Would take care of it". When I called the dealer to take the car in; they said Ford authorized nothing.
Instead of Ford Customer Relations stepping up and authorizing the repair, they are trying to stick me with bill.

If this was a problem with some other system in the car that I had caused, I would be responsible, pay up and not complain. Now Ford thinks I should pay $2,000.00 out of my own pocket

All I can say is, if you don't own a 2015 and are thinking about buying one-DON'T! This could be happening to you.
Sponsored

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
So the 2nd replacement was done a few weeks ago? Don't those replaced parts have a standalone one year warranty?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So the 2nd replacement was done a few weeks ago? Don't those replaced parts have a standalone one year warranty?
That was my thought.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I thought Ford had a 2yr warranty for parts? At least the FRP ones do...

I'm thinking mine is on its way out as well. My AC off and on goes from cold to barely cold. Wondering if this is signs of evap failing?

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No, I got the car July 2015. The 2nd evaporator is currently in the car(It was done at @ 14 months of ownership=Sep. 2016). The dealer told me parts only have a I year warranty/guarantee.

I need Ford to pay for the 3rd. one.

I am currently driving around with no A/C-no fun in the hot South.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought Ford had a 2yr warranty for parts? At least the FRP ones do...

I'm thinking mine is on its way out as well. My AC off and on goes from cold to barely cold. Wondering if this is signs of evap failing?
Monoploy. Yep. Bad news. That's the symptoms that happen in my car before the evaporator fails.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
How many miles on your car..?
How old it is, doesn't matter. Warranties are based on how used it is...

Start your argument, from how many MILES you put on the latest condenser to as why it went bad.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you still have the paperwork on the evap core they replaced? I am wondering what the part number was. I know there has been different ones in the last few years.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99923

I would politely mention the Oasis message regarding the common evaporator core failures, point them to the many threads on this forum with customers having multiple cores replaced, and contact the BBB Auto Line ASAP. I would also reach out to your state's Attorney General office requesting assistance, if they don't require you to work with the Auto Line first.

There is no reason ANYONE should be paying for evaporator core failures in these cars, especially since it's not an "if" but a "when" the failure will occur. When Ford fanboys talk about GM and Chrysler needing a gov't bailout some years ago, a quick reminder that Ford CS refuses to stand behind their manufacturing defects usually shuts them up. Myself, I'm seriously considering switching back to GM if my evaporator fails again (2015, first replaced 8/2016, second 9/2017).

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
When Ford fanboys talk about GM and Chrysler needing a gov't bailout some years ago, a quick reminder that Ford CS refuses to stand behind their manufacturing defects usually shuts them up.
Cause GM, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, etc never, ever ducked warranty work? They all do.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you still have the paperwork on the evap core they replaced? I am wondering what the part number was. I know there has been different ones in the last few years.
The part number is 1FR3Z*19850*L

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99923

I would politely mention the Oasis message regarding the common evaporator core failures, point them to the many threads on this forum with customers having multiple cores replaced, and contact the BBB Auto Line ASAP. I would also reach out to your state's Attorney General office requesting assistance, if they don't require you to work with the Auto Line first.

There is no reason ANYONE should be paying for evaporator core failures in these cars, especially since it's not an "if" but a "when" the failure will occur. When Ford fanboys talk about GM and Chrysler needing a gov't bailout some years ago, a quick reminder that Ford CS refuses to stand behind their manufacturing defects usually shuts them up. Myself, I'm seriously considering switching back to GM if my evaporator fails again (2015, first replaced 8/2016, second 9/2017).
I pointed Customer Relations in the Oasis direction and they didn't want to hear about it. Told them I am a long time Ford customer(this is my 4th Mustang) and they didn't care about that either.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I pointed Customer Relations in the Oasis direction and they didn't want to hear about it. Told them I am a long time Ford customer(this is my 4th Mustang) and they didn't care about that either.
Billy,

Is this Customer Relations as in the Ford 800 #? Do you have a Case number started? If you can’t get anywhere with the initial CSR you are dealing with, GO ABOVE them and request to speak to their Supervisor. Kindly mention to the Supervisor that not only is it a known issues with multiple Ford docs pointing it out, but that you will seek legal counsel, you’re contacting the BBB Auto Line AND will blast them on every one of their Social Media accounts to let others know how a Ford Customer is really treated.

That should elevate your concern and get you some traction - stand your ground, keep calling them and make it known how disatisified you are as a loyal Ford customer. You have to be firm, but polite...

Good luck.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP