aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey guys, new user here.

So I've had the gt (which I DD) for 8 months now and I'm ready for some upgrades.

Side note: if springs and other suspension upgrades aren't the way to start off, please let me know.

Anyways I'm pretty much dead set on the BMR performance springs. However, I feel like 0.5" is a little mild for my liking on the rear.

So does anyone know of a solution that can have a more aggressive lowering without having to make compromises?

Obviously I love the sportline look but I don't want to get new shocks and deal with all the hassle sportline users seem to deal with.

The BMRs seem to have the reliability I'm looking for, along with most of the look, but I still crave that extra hint of agression.

Also, I know spacers are frowned upon, but would 1" spacers be a bad idea in combination with these? I know people have done it with these but I'm also trying to keep some longevity. Since I DD this thing, I would like to not to cut the life of my axles super short. Does anyone have a BMR setup with spacers that has driven it extensively (if the springs haven't even been out for a couple of years, I understand this question would be difficult to answer)?

I appreciate any help!
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Do yourself a favor and swap your shocks and struts at the same time. Not only are the OEM PP dampers weak, in my opinion, but your spring options will open up greatly.

Steeda Ultralites would be a great “in between” with the springs you’re discussing (drop 1.1F, 1.0R), and they handle great too. Match them up with ProAction dampers and you’re in business.

I daily drive this setup and emulate James Hetfield’s “YEEAAHH” pretty often from all of the excitement. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Did you get the adjustable or non adjustable ones? I won't be tracking the car

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the adjustable or non adjustable ones? I won't be tracking the car
I use the fixed, non-adjustable, ProActions. They are a great pairing. If you go with a spring with more rate, for sure get the adjustables.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Do yourself a favor and swap your shocks and struts at the same time. Not only are the OEM PP dampers weak, in my opinion, but your spring options will open up greatly.

Steeda Ultralites would be a great “in between” with the springs you’re discussing (drop 1.1F, 1.0R), and they handle great too. Match them up with ProAction dampers and you’re in business.

I daily drive this setup and emulate James Hetfield’s “YEEAAHH” pretty often from all of the excitement. :thumbsup:
I agree with this. Definitely consider upgrading your dampers at the same time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Would the sportlines with spacers be viable with the new dampers?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Would the sportlines with spacers be viable with the new dampers?
You "might" be fine if you retain the heavy negative camber and get sturdy dampers. I, personally, would be nervous of fender damage or of pennies left in the road.

I'll leave the definitive answer to someone who has these springs.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I had Sportlines with Steeda's fixed ProActions and had 25mm spacers all around as well. I didn't have any issues rubbing at all, although it was a very close fit on the rear - could barely force a finger to fit in the space. Camber wasn't excessive either, -1.5 at most front and rear.

I've got Sport Linears instead and prefer the ride of these although the front could be a bit lower. Here are two pics of my car from the past week, one has the wheel turned so you can't get a perfect idea of the front.
IMG_20180318_123522.jpg
IMG_20180311_011327.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think this shot is a pretty clear one to see how the Sportlines looked, I have a box with two subs in the trunk so it might be lower than yours, but good as a comparison to the Steeda Sport Linear springs on the same car.
IMG_20180124_112750.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
I have the handling springs and stock PP shocks and dampers. the ride is not terrible and I DD my car through L.A. with the beyond shit roads here and have no issues at all. The stance I feel is perfect. I ended up just ordering the catalog and the car is is a blast! feel free to PM for any more questions

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Sportlines will kill the stock dampers in a hurry with that drop, and it'll ride pretty poorly.

BMR SP080 Performance springs + PP shocks and 1" spacers looks amazing and works very well. Can't go wrong there. There's a bunch of happy folks with them here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80102
and
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16517
Yeah I was looking at some of those pics and the stance in some of them looks great and it others it leaves something to be desired. For example this: https://ibb.co/gcLOPc looks great. However something like this: https://ibb.co/jHs9xx is a little to high for my liking.

Would the sp080s and the 25mm spacers look more like the 1st or 2nd pic? I don't think there are spacers in the 2nd mustang but the 1st mustang looks oddly low for the typical sp080s.

Last edited:

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did the BMR SP080 kit with stock shocks and 1" spacers. Mine is a daily driver and I love the stance. Didn't want to go any lower. Also installed Steeda's CC Plates. I know I didn't have to but did it anyway for possible future

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was looking at some of those pics and the stance in some of them looks great and it others it leaves something to be desired. For example this: https://ibb.co/gcLOPc looks great. However something like this: https://ibb.co/jHs9xx is a little to high for my liking.

Would the sp080s and the 25mm spacers look more like the 1st or 2nd pic? I don't think there are spacers in the 2nd mustang but the 1st mustang looks oddly low for the typical sp080s.
It'll look like the first. The second one is with 18" wheels which have a visual effect on the perceived gap, as well as having different sized tires. The first pic looks perfectly on point for SP080s.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It'll look like the first. The second one is with 18" wheels which have a visual effect on the perceived gap, as well as having different sized tires. The first pic looks perfectly on point for SP080s.
Honestly if that's the case, I'm pretty much sold. One more question for you: what other suspension upgrades would you recommend for my purposes, which is spirited driving on streets (on occasion poorly conditioned streets) and freeways, but no tracking? Will also be keeping it NA and don't think I'll be modding it enough to ever surpass 500 rwhp.

I was thinking about bmrs vertical links and cradle lockout kit. Any recommendations?
Sponsored