Sponsored

Startlite hose super smelly?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Lol nm saw the video, it didn't load the first time for some reason. Looks like it's not too bad. What's that $200 tool the hose was boiled to avoid lol?
I ended up buying the $200 tool, (think there is a $99 version now)

Since I do so many fuel systems on the side for friends.
I got sick of heating up hose lol.

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
If you got the hose through Fore use the other line they offer, the FlexXL instead of the Starlite. We haven't had any issues with it, even from Corvette owners.....

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
If you got the hose through Fore use the other line they offer, the FlexXL instead of the Starlite. We haven't had any issues with it, even from Corvette owners.....
Same.. Installing my second system on my s550. Never had a smell.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
http://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/flexlp-08.htm

So that stuff uses the same re-usable fittings looks like. Cool, I may as well swap it out now. How flexible is it, am I gonna be able to shove it up into the cabin by the side of the tank? Really don't feel like dropping the tank right now.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
thank god I went with the PTFE lines. thanks to [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] =)

OP
OP
oesman

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Good call, thanks Sam! I had Fore air mail me some FlexLP hose. Installed it when I got home from work the other night. Once all the Startlite hose was tossed out I could tell how fast the smell was disappearing. There was absolutely no smell by the morning. Just smelled like the clean anally organized shop it's supposed to be, I could even smell the Adam's cleaning products on the car wash cart again, lol!

thank god I went with the PTFE lines. thanks to [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] =)
Yea I really don't know why the Startlite was even brought up. Seems like something Fore should sell as an option for those that know what they're doing, perhaps some specific application really needs it for the flexibility. However, why a dealer selling Fore products would recommend Startlite off the bat is a bit strange to me.

I have played with PTFE before, it's nice but a bit of a pain in the butt like stainless stuff. The FlexLP that Sam recommended was almost as easy to use as the Startlite and 5-7 year durability is fine for a track car considering I have a lift and it only took me a couple of hours to do it while watching TV.

I'd say the PTFE or the FlexLP would be the best solution depending on what you value, ease of install or permanence of the install. Those should be the default offerings dealers suggest.

TRBO VNM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium
The PTFE from Fore is all I use on my vehicles and customers vehicles. No issues with fuel weep and the fittings are reusable as well. At most you might need to replace the olive but that is it. And the straight -8 fittings they make are the easiest fittings I have every assembled. I use 1/2" wire loom around it to blend in with the harnesses in the engine bay and anything the braid may rub against under the car I either use short sections of hose around the braid or use the loom depending on what it is I need to protect.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the ptfe is our first choice always, we do offer the flexlp now as well, which is easier to work with, and is black, those are the only 2 i would do with e
Sponsored