New R to your spec at 5K over

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have the lead on an '18 R that can be built to suit. I was told a "phenomenal deal". I paid 5K. A friend paid 5K. I was told lower than that. Here is the catch, a deal has to be made by the close of business today. I don't think it will be an MSRP deal, probably another 5K ADM.

Dealership is in FL

PM me ASAP and only if you are serious
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was told 7pm would be the latest and then they would have to pick the color

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Hope someone here jumps on this one - solid dealership and good guys to work with, for sure.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
A year ago this thread would have had 30 posts by now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
A year ago this thread would have had 30 posts by now.
I know. I've had a few calls today to see if it could be spec'd out as a base, but the answer is no unfortunately.

I pushed for an MSRP deal, but, well, you know.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Interesting to see how many were interested in a base & passed on the electronics. Thanks to the chain of events from Tomster who helped Muligan who gave us the heads up on this opportunity. We also passed on the R allotment. The dealer said he could have sold four more base cars if he could have the spots for them. PP0001 & Muligan 'almost' literally had to pull hens teeth to get their base's confirmed.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Muligan winds up with possibly the last base ever built!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Did someone jump on the deal?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Did someone jump on the deal?
NOPE, not yet.

Now it is at the point where the color is probably ordered. HOWEVER, no
VIN assigned so you should be able to change it.

This is a trustworthy dealer that lives and dies by ITS WORD. I can attest to my dealings and I can provide references.

My skin in the game? I have been a good customer for a while now. They gave me the first GT500 allocation at a very good deal. Again, they are honorable people and will not fall short of any deal made.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I know. I've had a few calls today to see if it could be spec'd out as a base, but the answer is no unfortunately.

I pushed for an MSRP deal, but, well, you know.
If it's not built yet, why can't it be spec'd as a base? I'm not in the market, just curious.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If it's not built yet, why can't it be spec'd as a base? I'm not in the market, just curious.
Because Ford has closed the doors on any future base R's. The deadline is April 30th for base R's, but Ford stopped any future orders to comply with federal laws. Simply put, it cannot be done at this timeline. I had a call today, but had to pass based on this information.
[MENTION=27830]Muligan[/MENTION] will probably wind up with the last base R built

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So for a base, you'd have to find one that was ordered that way but not spoken for...damn. Good luck with that.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Why is everyone so crazy about the base model? I prefer to have the electronics package... probably just me, though.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Why is everyone so crazy about the base model? I prefer to have the electronics package... probably just me, though.
Rarity, purists? who knows. respectful either way. I live in FL and there is no way to enjoy the car year round unless it has A/C. I find myself in the winter months with the windows down and radio off. Summer months..... well that's another story.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It's a very small percentage of people that want the base model.. to me it's more of a novelty than anything else, as most that own one will never realize the performance gain of not having a radio and A/C. I respect that because I will probably never even realize the full potential of my R with the electronics package. :D

I don't see anyone in Florida wanting one without A/C regardless of rarity. To me, I'd be more interested in the very low mileage/well kept R if I was a future buyer over the base option. Even the best Ferrari track focused cars, such as the Scuderia and Challenge Stradale, have A/C. Ferrari makes up the weight with Carbon Fiber, aluminum floorpans, and other things that make more sense then giving up the ability to stay comfortable while driving. :)
Sponsored