Sponsored

Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Does it really even matter. I mean, lay it up on the table and see who's is bigger. My gosh, theyt are all nice cars cars. Get over it and let it rest.
Simple, you provided this above false statement. Here’s a simple reply then:

As motor trend track tests showed when comparing the 18 GT and 16+ SS, “To put it bluntly, the Camaro is in another league, with legitimate supercars.”

I love all muscle cars, including mustangs, idk why people are giving me shit because I didn’t put the Mustang as #1 for every part of the article list re-write. Everyone knows the GT sounds the best of the three. Just don’t post false statements to “cope” with your purchase decision “bro”.

I always forget that some Mustang owners either can’t read much or have the attention span of a goldfish. Sigh.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Really? So you’re saying a Camaro SS flooring it and a Mustang GT not racing stayed side by side? And do you not see the aggressive jumping of the Mustang GT at shift? He deffinetly knew, and I knew someone would try to say that. Just watch the front end of the Mustang you will see. To me it’s clear the race starts at 0:05, you can even see the GoPro jerk upon acceleration. If the Mustang wasn’t racing, the Camaro would have just pulled away. Reguardless this thread should be closed as it is completely off track from the article now.
I didn't see anything aggressive from the Mustang but I guess when you drive a supercar EVERYONE is aggressive to you :lol:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.
Maybe you're one of the lucky Camaro owners whose A/C isn't fogging up the windshield which is a widespread problem if you live in a humid climate. It's been going for almost 2yrs now and still there is no fix.

Also the widespread problems on Camaro6 are the most I've seen in any car: differential groan, NPP rattle just to name a couple.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458990&page=34&highlight=fog

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454169

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Rented a Camaro convertible for a recent trip to southern Cali. My comments are after a day with the car and about 400 miles of driving through curvy mountain passes and open deserts. The car was a 2018, automatic 4cyl. The only Ford ever owned is a GT350, so I'm not a Ford fanboy. I only list major takeaways below.

Quick summay - I would not consider this car due to pathetic visibility.

MAJOR Negatives:
Visibility - Forward and front left/right visibility out of this car are horrible. In order to make the dash pod unobstrusive and be able to see past the side view mirrors, yes that's right, the side view mirror position blocks left/right turning views when the seat is in the middle position, I raised the seat up to my head being an inch away from the convertible headliner material. In this position it made traffic lights very hard to see. I would keep about 10 feet back from them to begin making them visible.

Window switches- Yes this seems petty but these are the most annoying switches I've ever used. You have to get JUST the right amount of pressure on the switch to move them down/up without accidentally activating the auto down/up feature. This would drive me crazy if I had to deal with it on a daily basis.

Major Positives:
Fuel Economy vs. Available Power: The turbo 4 paired with the auto in this car can either deliver stellar fuel economy or provide plenty of power for passing. Only downside is the exhaust note which needs no explanation.

Chassis - even as a convertible the chassis is pretty stiff. The handling and suspension felt planted and responded quickly even with the cheap rental car tires and soft suspension calibration. Steering is numb but it's probably due tot the rental grade package.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove a wide-body Challenger R/T SCAT Widebody w/ 6MT (https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-a81356e80a0e0a1777909de8a86b3d2e.htm) for the first time. The front dash is ACREs of plastic, so much so that you could set out a 5 course picnic for two on it.

The Challenger's get up and go was impressive. The engine howl was on-par with the Mustang GT. The chassis felt composed if perhaps a bit remote. You felt the thumps but it didn't upset the car. I have Perf Pack Mustangs and the suspension is choppy and the chassis a bit nervous. Mass is a factor here but also Ford suspension engineers on the Mustang team apparently suck at their job. Way too much high-speed compression damping and the rebound is attrocious. Are they are trying to emulate the crap that passed for suspension since 2007?

Throwing the Challenger into a corner or doing a quick S the feel of the car was less imprecise and a bit more vague than I'm accustomed to, but it held on. This is when it was the most obvious the car was "big". The Mustangs drive "small". The Camaro I can drive faster and handles the best of the bunch but it actually feels bigger than the Mustangs.

The 6MT was much nicer to work than the MT82 counterparts. The Ford has very obvious detents, the Shelby/Camaro/Dodge Tremec just go into gear without fighting the driver. Ford just needs to bin that stupid trans and equip with the real deal. Clutch engagement was much higher up the pedal than I like but not a cluster F* like the Camaro/Corvette.

Would I buy a 51K Challenger for 42 out-the-door? No. For similar money I would choose a PP2 Mustang or a similarly equipped Charger with 6MT (not available unfortunately).

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have Perf Pack Mustangs and the suspension is choppy and the chassis a bit nervous.
Assuming you don't have Magneride[?], it's astoundingly better (vs. a PP car without it), it's more composed, handles pavement inconsistencies, and the way it dynamically controls rebound is almost magic.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming you don't have Magneride[?], it's astoundingly better (vs. a PP car without it),
Correct. I have driven an EB+PP+Mag, a GT+PP2, and a GT350 and yes the difference was considerable, but the SS+1LE version of it is even better. I have Steeda pro-Active and pro-Action (Steeda marketing department probably needs another whiteboarding session to come up with better names) suspension replacements pending install.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
lol

is insane to put camaro and challenger ahead of mustang in reliability.

I also believe the mustang interior is better than the camaro (premium x premium) imo.

safety - the mustang is way ahead. there are many tests that prove that.
The Crapmaro looks like shit on the inside and outside :question::crackup:

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Dude your all over the map. A civic is just a civic. But a Camaro is a super car? Nope, a Camaro is just another entry level sports car that sells like crap. You bring up the quality arguement after you said you’ve had a ton of issues with your SS? Take your magazine and Just go back over to camaro6. tell everyone how shitty mustang6 people are. Or even better take your world class sports car out and start hunting those super cars. Make sure you get video like I do. So people can’t call bullshit. Don’t be the guy that takes credit for other people’s driving.
Hello 911? Id like to report a murder i just witnessed.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Oh good a Camaro SS owner with magazine articles.

Wanna see something neat?

[ame]

That's a video of me beating a 130 thousand dollar 8 speed automatic corvette Zo6 in a 36K Mustang. I don't magazine race...... Sorry. Like you said. Us Mustang guys don’t read much. And have the attention of a gold fish. But hey I'm in for some videos of you taking out these super cars you mentioned above in your SS. I'll just hang out here and wait til you up load a few from your personal collection. Im a straight line guy. But I'm sure I'll enjoy your road course super car kill videos.
Some guys just understand that bench racing means nothing. Great run!

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.

Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display? Heated steering wheel? Wireless charging pad? Hence why I put Camaro ahead in interior. Just opinions, no need to get salty. Haven’t seen how the new Mustang faired in the crash test videos but the 15-17 model faired just as well as the Camaro and Challenger.
I was taking your comments with the benefit of the doubt until that total bologna about a STOCK SS whooping on a Hellcat. I am sorry, but that only happened in your dream. Even if the Hellcat missed a shift, the SS is toast.

Either retract that as wishful thinking - or a dream - or just realize that none of your posts from here on out will be taken with any seriousness whatsoever.

Everyone exaggerates sometimes. Just be a man about it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display? Heated steering wheel? Wireless charging pad? Hence why I put Camaro ahead in interior. Just opinions, no need to get salty. Haven’t seen how the new Mustang faired in the crash test videos but the 15-17 model faired just as well as the Camaro and Challenger.
I was taking your comments with the benefit of the doubt until that total bologna about a STOCK SS whooping on a Hellcat. I am sorry, but that only happened in your dream. Even if the Hellcat missed a shift, the SS is toast.

Either retract that as wishful thinking - or a dream - or just realize that none of your posts from here on out will be taken with any seriousness whatsoever.

Everyone exaggerates sometimes. Just be a man about it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
"Holographic"

:crazy:

Mine has a HUD for emergency notifications, and also a spectacular 12" LCD instrument cluster, customizable, and a mode adaptive UI. Since I'm using CarPlay almost exclusively, I need to have the device connected via a cable (no wireless CP implemented in any of these cars yet ...), so wireless charging isn't much of a perk - not to mention, the 2 USB ports in the Mustang are 2.0a "smart" ports, so they charge faster than most wireless, and aren't limited to any device size (the charging pad in the Camaro won't allow several popular larger phones to seat correctly to charge). Also, my wired charging connections aren't in the back seat :cwl:

... and yes, it has a heated steering wheel. :)