zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
The trim panel is on national backorder until April 23-27th unfortunately.
That figures. Going to have to watch the miles on my car... Do you know if they're allowing orders to be placed currently? Seems like when you're not there in person its a fight to get something ordered thats currently backordered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You can order the trim piece yes. Usually its only a problem if theres no release date for it. When theres a date you can always order it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
You can order the trim piece yes. Usually its only a problem if theres no release date for it. When theres a date you can always order it.
The boneheads at Tasca cancelled mine because they said there wasn't a date. Oh well, will call the sponsor tomorrow and get them to order it for me.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Call mike at autonation ford white bear lake. He'll get one on order for you.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Got confirmation and tracking number that my cluster is on its way. Was a little worried but at least now i just have to order the trim piece and I'm golden.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Looking forward to seeing more of these get done. Be thankful none of you are going after the heated wheel. This process has proved difficult and costly. Not giving up on it but not putting anything out there till it’s done and done. My current advice on the heated wheel.....don’t do it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
So switches will arrive tomorrow, SCCM on Monday and cluster on Tuesday. Trim piece is backordered as we all know. I have a little less than 200 miles until I reach the 11825 mark that I had them program into it. Luckily my commute dropped from 90 total miles per day down to 3 total miles per day. Worst case scenario I guess if I had to I could install the cluster without the trim but that irritates me just thinking about it. I'm impatient though and don't know if i can wait for the backorder....

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
can confirm this works for UK RHD too using breeves AB in the spreadsheet and following the usual forscan process of enabling disabling features, all listed in the spreadsheet.

[ame]

massive thanks to [MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] for his patience over PM :) and also [MENTION=33419]Sherrodmustang[/MENTION] for his insight for getting me over the final hurdle.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Nice job! Can't wait to do the installation as well. It will be sometime though before I get the parts...

One question: I don't know if I saw it correctly on your video, but I think that you didn't remove the plastic backing and that you didn't cut the plastic back plate out, like [MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] suggested in his instructions. Is it necessary to cut this plastic back plate out in order to fit the digital cluster?

Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice job! Can't wait to do the installation as well. It will be sometime though before I get the parts...

One question: I don't know if I saw it correctly on your video, but I think that you didn't remove the plastic backing and that you didn't cut the plastic back plate out, like [MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] suggested in his instructions. Is it necessary to cut this plastic back plate out in order to fit the digital cluster?
ok so you're right i haven't cut it out yet (although how you can tell that?? lol). i also don't have the bezel trim as it's on back order from Ford UK so i can't get it looking stock yet anyway. at the moment it's just wedged in and pretty secure lol

it does look like the plastic needs cutting as the dash will sit quite deep probably to help stop sunlight glare on the screen.

of course i plan on doing this, but wasn't going to until i got it working properly, that vid was taken the moment i got it working error free. :)

if i can find my dremel blades i'll do it this afternoon i think.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Congrats on getting it working!

One weird note. Looks like you actually got the -LB cluster you ordered. I ordered the -LB cluster and they sent me -ALC. This is the same with some others.

The -LB cluster seems to have the oil temp gauges and the -ALC cluster has the text line gauges. Really odd...

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Is this our first RHD conversion?? Very cool if so and welcome to the club.

P.S. Nice oil temp gauge. :D

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just curious why you opted for the MPH cluster. Don't you guys use KPH there? Was it an availability thing?

You can probably flash it to the KPH version software if you can find the strategy. I'm tempted to try flashing mine to your software version to try to get the oil temp gauge...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
UK uses MPH. Rest of Europe KPH. These guys do everything the wrong way, LOL!
Sponsored