Sponsored

April rebates in past...up/down?

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
In my area of CT the rebate is $1500 right now expiring April 4. My car is coming in April 7 (supposedly) so just curious if historically the spring/early summer rebate goes up much from the one through the winter...or down?
Sponsored

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering this as well. My car is not Scheduled to show up after the current rebate ends. On top of that I triggered the 750 private cash today from the Ford site. So I am curious if I should go ahead and work my financing up at the end of the month or wait and see what happens with rebates. Do anyone have any idea what rebates have typically done in the second quarter?

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I am wondering this as well. My car is not Scheduled to show up after the current rebate ends. On top of that I triggered the 750 private cash today from the Ford site. So I am curious if I should go ahead and work my financing up at the end of the month or wait and see what happens with rebates. Do anyone have any idea what rebates have typically done in the second quarter?
I think you are implying that you will use the $750 private cash and the current $1500 incentive on the car before it actually gets delivered. If so, I'm pretty sure you can't set up financing or anything until the car is delivered to your dealer. Meaning, the $750 private cash deal might expire before the car arrives. Good news is that most likely next month's incentives will be the same if not more.

Unless you've worked something out with your dealer, that is..

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are implying that you will use the $750 private cash and the current $1500 incentive on the car before it actually gets delivered. If so, I'm pretty sure you can't set up financing or anything until the car is delivered to your dealer. Meaning, the $750 private cash deal might expire before the car arrives. Good news is that most likely next month's incentives will be the same if not more.

Unless you've worked something out with your dealer, that is..
I got a hold of my dealer today asking if there was some way to lock in the 750 Private cash and if they knew anything about the new rebates coming. Of course they didn't, neither did ford marketing. The said the only way to do so is to go ahead and do all the paperwork and financing to lock down the 2250 in rebates. They said since I have the VIN we are good to go. If the car arrives not what I ordered or something else, they said I can back out until I take complete delivery of it.

Next months rebates could be better or the same but it's highly doubtful they will be worse. I'm curious what second quarter last year brought on 2017s.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I got a hold of my dealer today asking if there was some way to lock in the 750 Private cash and if they knew anything about the new rebates coming. Of course they didn't, neither did ford marketing. The said the only way to do so is to go ahead and do all the paperwork and financing to lock down the 2250 in rebates. They said since I have the VIN we are good to go. If the car arrives not what I ordered or something else, they said I can back out until I take complete delivery of it.

Next months rebates could be better or the same but it's highly doubtful they will be worse. I'm curious what second quarter last year brought on 2017s.
Lucky you I suppose. I've read a lot about dealers only accepting the incentives on the time of delivery. My dealer said the same as well.

Sponsored

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Sounds like sales is playing games with you. I ordered my car at the end of February and all my incentives are locked in. When my car arrives in May, I will get whichever incentives are greater.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Sounds like sales is playing games with you. I ordered my car at the end of February and all my incentives are locked in. When my car arrives in May, I will get whichever incentives are greater.
Maybe different laws in different states? Every dealer I've ever been to in Cali says I get the incentives available at time of delivery.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I have my incentives locked in from when I ordered the car. Which was 500 at the time. So I would get 2250 off my car by finishing up my paperwork end of the month before the current incentives end. Then taking delivery of my car on the 15th of April. It's a tough call because next months incentives could be better.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad you mentioned this. I’d forgotten, but I remember this being the situation when I ordered as well.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
NO, his dealer is not playing games.
Dealers CANNOT lock in FORD febates at the time of Order. You only get the rebates available at the time of purchase- and you can purchase before the vehicle actually arrives (about the time of transport Ford moves the car into a dealers inventory and they can sell it at that point (why you often see a car listed on a dealers web page before the car physically arrives).

Dealers can 'cover' the rebates at the time you order out of their own pocket if they chose to do so as yours apparently did. They tell you they are 'locking in' the rebate instead of saying they will cover it if necessary (Ford pulls the rebate) because they do not want you thinking there is money left on the table. There are often other issues in play in a particular region where the dealership may have hit certain targets or is about to hit certain targets and thus has a wee bit more head room to play with and will "lock in" at their risk.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Will new incentives be released the day after these expire?
Generally, but not always the case. AND dealers are NOT told ahead of time.
And in the spring rebates usually go down as sales increase. With 18 being a short model year all bets are off. It will simply come down to Nationwide and Regional inventory numbers.

You all do know that rebates are often different between regions.

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
NO, his dealer is not playing games.
Dealers CANNOT lock in FORD febates at the time of Order. You only get the rebates available at the time of purchase- and you can purchase before the vehicle actually arrives (about the time of transport Ford moves the car into a dealers inventory and they can sell it at that point (why you often see a car listed on a dealers web page before the car physically arrives).

Dealers can 'cover' the rebates at the time you order out of their own pocket if they chose to do so as yours apparently did. They tell you they are 'locking in' the rebate instead of saying they will cover it if necessary (Ford pulls the rebate) because they do not want you thinking there is money left on the table. There are often other issues in play in a particular region where the dealership may have hit certain targets or is about to hit certain targets and thus has a wee bit more head room to play with and will "lock in" at their risk.
Well, you can call it what you want. If a customer orders a $50k car, I would consider it a nice gesture to lock in the current rebates and give the customer the greater deal when the car arrives. I'm not at all concerned about how deeply you got shafted on your car. I was just stating how my dealer is treating me.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Well, you can call it what you want. If a customer orders a $50k car, I would consider it a nice gesture to lock in the current rebates and give the customer the greater deal when the car arrives. I'm not at all concerned about how deeply you got shafted on your car. I was just stating how my dealer is treating me.
My dealer is giving me $2500 in rebates. I paid a small deposit, when the car arrives I'll get the highest of them. :)
Sponsored