Sponsored

Hydrosilex Recharge (ceramic coating)

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I had Ceramic Pro ceramic coating applied to my car over the winter recently. I was looking for a high-quality, easy to use, maintenance spray when I came across the guys at Sweet Cars in Indiana. I put in a call to them to talk detailing and what it was I was after. They recommended a product called Hydrosilex Recharge . I went to the Hyrodsilex website and read up on it.

Hydrosilex is a spray-on ceramic coating product that can be applied wet or dry. It can be used on most surfaces on/in the car or even around the house. The more you use it, the better the shine as it layers on top of each other. It can be used as a maintenance spray over an existing ceramic coating, or as a stand-alone product to apply over your paint. It is claimed to last 6 to 9 months and makes washing the car and keeping it clean a breeze...not to mention the shine.

I ordered some up and gave it a try. I am simply amazed at how easy it is to use and the resulting shine! I applied it dry. Simply sprayed it onto the clean surface and wiped it in and then right away dried it off with a second microfiber towel. As easy to use as a quick detailer! I applied it over all of the painted surface and the glass.

Below are some pictures of a single-coat application. I apologize for the crappy photos, but as you can see it is still winter here in the great north!
Hydro 1 - Copy.jpg
Hydro 2 - Copy.jpg
Hydro 3 - Copy.jpg
hydro 4.jpg
Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Just saw some reviews. This is pretty awesome.

OP
OP
ScottyRyan2018

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Just saw some reviews. This is pretty awesome.
Yes, I did some reading up on it and between that and what the guys at Sweet Cars had to say it looked like a great product.

One more pic for fun!
hydro 5 - Copy.jpg

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Just received my bottle of this stuff in the mail today, hopefully will get to try it out in a few days.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So is this product like wax or polish or is it really a clear coat sealant?

Does the car have to be stripped of any existing wax/polish products before application?

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
This looks like it's just a Si02 spray sealant like Polish Angel High Gloss/Cosmic Spritz, CarPro Reload, etc... Polish is for refining paint finish, not protection. Yes you would want to strip wax. Si02 doesn't always play nice with carnauba.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would love to hear what you guys think on this. I have been using Carpro Reload.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’d be very interested to learn how the Hydrosilex performs. I also use CarPro Reload - I used cQuartz on my car last fall and use the Reload as a drying agent just about every wash.

I love the shine it gives, but my enemy around here is dust - pollen too at the moment. I’d love to find a finishing product that had some good anti-dust properties. Reload is as good as I’ve found, but my black car still only looks god for one or two days after a good wash and finish.

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Just finished applying the Hydrosilex Recharge. I used the wet application method and ended up using the entire 16 oz. Bottle to coat the whole car. Here's a link to the after application pictures.

http://imgur.com/gallery/dQIEjcs

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You may have overapplied just a little bit, but definitely looks good!

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Overapplied by about 15.75oz. Reading through their website and I’m not gonna trust anyone that suggests to apply a last step product with a foam cannon. They’re just ripping you off. All the good spray sealants will tell you like 2 sprays on a mf towel per panel.

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Lol, I'm not gonna say I disagree with you there. I feel like i should have gotten a lot more use out of the product for the money. Time will tell if it lasts the 6 months that is being advertised.

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Just wanted to post an update. The car is no longer beading water like it did when the coating was first applied. The windshield wipers did some weird skipping as the coating wore off the windshield. I don't have that issue anymore now that the coating is mostly gone from most surfaces on the car. Since application, I have washed the car once a week with Meguiar's Gold Class car shampoo. I sent the company a message on Facebook complaining that the wet application was garbage and asked to be supplied with another bottle so that I could try a dry application and they blocked me so that I am unable to reply to their response or leave a review of the product on the Facebook page.

Final opinion of the product: This stuff works amazing, but at ~$60 including shipping for a 16oz bottle, this stuff doesn't last long enough to justify the expense. I will definitely try other products. It was really nice to be able to apply this stuff to literally every surface of the car and not have to worry about the white residue that you would see from a wax. One other bit of information is that this car stays outside all day while I'm at work and it has been raining everyday here in south Florida. Probably the toughest proving grounds for this product and it simply did not live up to the longevity claims. The company's customer service absolutely sucks as well.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just wanted to post an update. The car is no longer beading water like it did when the coating was first applied. The windshield wipers did some weird skipping as the coating wore off the windshield. I don't have that issue anymore now that the coating is mostly gone from most surfaces on the car. Since application, I have washed the car once a week with Meguiar's Gold Class car shampoo. I sent the company a message on Facebook complaining that the wet application was garbage and asked to be supplied with another bottle so that I could try a dry application and they blocked me so that I am unable to reply to their response or leave a review of the product on the Facebook page.

Final opinion of the product: This stuff works amazing, but at ~$60 including shipping for a 16oz bottle, this stuff doesn't last long enough to justify the expense. I will definitely try other products. It was really nice to be able to apply this stuff to literally every surface of the car and not have to worry about the white residue that you would see from a wax. One other bit of information is that this car stays outside all day while I'm at work and it has been raining everyday here in south Florida. Probably the toughest proving grounds for this product and it simply did not live up to the longevity claims. The company's customer service absolutely sucks as well.
I'm not sure where you purchased the coating from but I just ordered a 32oz bottle for $59...

I think another thing that contributed to your experience is that you washed the car pretty consistently without reappling the coating. The coating certainly isn't like other ceramic coatings that last much longer but as with everything, maintenance of the coating will go a long way.

It seems this is more or less a perfect coating for my needs. Wasn't to sold on the idea of a more or less permanent coating since there are quite a few times where I can see it will be more of an issue then it is a benefit. So having a shorter lasting coating that still provides protection is a nice middle ground.

I'll report back once I apply it! (Dry method since there seems to be issues with the wet method)
Sponsored