Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
So, my AC has been having periodic bouts of just pushing out hot humid stale smelling air. It went on once for about 3 days, so I took it to the dealership and of course it worked perfectly while in their possession. Now intermittent occurrences of non function are back.

Has anyone else had this issue and what was the fix??? I had this happen several times with my 2011 GT and then about a thousand miles after warranty the whole thing exploded throwing shrapnel through the hoses. The final bill was almost 3k.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
So, my AC has been having periodic bouts of just pushing out hot humid stale smelling air. It went on once for about 3 days, so I took it to the dealership and of course it worked perfectly while in their possession. Now intermittent occurrences of non function are back.

Has anyone else had this issue and what was the fix??? I had this happen several times with my 2011 GT and then about a thousand miles after warranty the whole thing exploded throwing shrapnel through the hoses. The final bill was almost 3k.
Happened to me on my 12hr round trip to LA. Brought it to the dealership, luckily it wasn't the A/C condenser, it was just some small switch they had to replace. Hopefully your issue is exactly the same.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Mine went out completely one day but leading up to the failure it functioned normally. In my case it was the AC compressor that went. Once it did, it blew some hot ass stale air like you are describing. Maybe your compressor is on the way out.

Flounder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt 350
It sound like the pressure switch is causing the intermittent operation. This is due to low refrigerant, which indicates a leak in the system. They will probably put dye in the system and locate the leak. It will get worse as it leaks more refrigerant.
Good luck!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Happened to me on both Shelbys and on more than one occasion. New compressor and also a couple other things that I cannot recall. On Monday I'll see if I can pull all my service requests and see what was fixed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all of the input.

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
Exact same thing happened to me too. Ultimately, A/C would only blow out hot air.

Just got it fixed. They said one of my hoses had a leak. A/C blows cold now.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Happened to mine, started blowing hot air - there was a leak. The A/C units in these cars are junk.

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
My compressor went out, had it replaced, worked for a few days, then it started blowing hot air again, then started working again last week. Haven't taken it back yet because it has worked for the past 4 days. Pretty strange and of course every time I take it to the dealer it blows perfectly cold.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
My compressor went out, had it replaced, worked for a few days, then it started blowing hot air again, then started working again last week. Haven't taken it back yet because it has worked for the past 4 days. Pretty strange and of course every time I take it to the dealer it blows perfectly cold.
Isn't that the truth. Intermittent issues never happen the first time you go to the dealer.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So many parts of this car are absolute shit. Here in Canada MSRP on an R is close to 100k I love this car...but man...I have a buddy who owns a 2017 AMG c63 which is the same price...and it is IMMACULATE. Every piece on that car is perfect. Body panels, AC, interior...its like sitting in mobile art and he tracks the hell out of it...

But I still love my GT350R....just wish Ford would have treated the rest of the car like they did the engine.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
So many parts of this car are absolute shit. Here in Canada MSRP on an R is close to 100k I love this car...but man...I have a buddy who owns a 2017 AMG c63 which is the same price...and it is IMMACULATE. Every piece on that car is perfect. Body panels, AC, interior...its like sitting in mobile art and he tracks the hell out of it...

But I still love my GT350R....just wish Ford would have treated the rest of the car like they did the engine.
Check out the new C7 GrandSport - incredible fit and finish and performance to match.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the new C7 GrandSport - incredible fit and finish and performance to match.
I will for sure man. I have a buddy who just picked one up but I haven't seen it yet. Apparently he is loving it. I am hoping to get him to the track.

I am eagerly waiting on the ME Corvette to leak.

(Sorry to take away from OPs thread here).

Michael86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, Magnetic w/stripe, Tech Pack
FWIW my AC just went out also, 16 Tech Pack. Nice and hot air is no bueno. Dealer visit later this week.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
There are dozens of threads in this forum with a/c defects in the new Mustangs regardless of the model.

The evaporator core assembly leak is ranked very high if not as the leading A/C defect in the S550 Mustangs.

Tell me, I'm into my third evaporator assembly...
Sponsored