Sponsored

Strange Issue

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I will try and explain this in the least confusing manner.....maybe.
I have lost all the “my mode” settings twice now, and this is how it has happened both times.
While washing, drying and waxing/quick detailer, I must pass by the door handles with the keys in my pocket no less than 50 times or more (just a guess) also the trunk area. I notice that the lights and stuff go on (puddle light etc etc) and off during this process.
After the lengthy process of the above , I get in and start it up to move it or take it for a ride, and all the my mode settings are gone, nothing else is missing (radio presets etc etc).
The next time I wash the car I’m going to leave the keys in the cup holder and see what happens.
Not sure of why this would reset my mode, but it has and it has done it twice now under exactly the same circumstances.
Anyone else experience loss of my mode settings or anything similar to this?
2018 Gt premium
Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why don't you pull the keys out of your pocket? That's what I do.

OP
OP
Osofast

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you pull the keys out of your pocket? That's what I do.
Clearly that would be the ideal answer, however sometimes life gets ahead of you, and you end up with soapy wet hands and forget about removing the key before it’s to late.
But really I wanted to see if I could duplicate what had happened previous and was kind of surprised when it happened again.
But thanks for the sound advice, I will be sure to try and do that just the same as you next time around.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't think MyMode settings would reset. But I've noticed a couple times the car has started up in a default mode. Perhaps all that activity trigger the car to go into a deep sleep mode?

I got rid of MyMode because there are already too many modes to scroll through.

OP
OP
Osofast

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think MyMode settings would reset. But I've noticed a couple times the car has started up in a default mode. Perhaps all that activity trigger the car to go into a deep sleep mode?

I got rid of MyMode because there are already too many modes to scroll through.
It does actually go back to not being in the list until it is set again

Sponsored

OP
OP
Osofast

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
So, an update on this issue. Took a trip with the car a little over a 3-1/2 hour ride, got to destination. Came back out to drive to another destination and noticed all of the gauges were blank ( the gauges you pick for the center of the 12 inch lcd dash) and my mode was not there again to select.
Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think it's an electrical issue of some sort. But this is the type of thing that can be a nightmare for warranty coverage as it's hard to reproduce.

Perhaps there could be something showing in a scan?

Occasionally my exhaust will start in normal even though I have it set for 24 hour quiet start. I usually notice the car's electronics seem a bit confused when that happens too. Like the cluster will be dark or take a little longer to fire up.

Yesterday I left a dome light on and the system had reset and came up on the AM radio.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
My digi dash is due a software update and at present does forget some of the settings (like steering mode) now and again. The update is supposed to correct this. It's never lost MyMode or shown blank gauges.
Mine is only blank in that it feels like the system is still booting up or getting hung up in the startup phase. Like it had been sleeping.

OP
OP
Osofast

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
My digi dash is due a software update and at present does forget some of the settings (like steering mode) now and again. The update is supposed to correct this. It's never lost MyMode or shown blank gauges.
You have any info on the update, tsb number or link?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Haven't experience or heard of losing modes. My 2016 puts on a light show every wash. Seems every drop of water that lands on the door handles is treated like someone grabbed the handle. But I've never lost any settings.