Sponsored

BMR Suspension SP083 Handling Springs, REVISED and Better than Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
To be honest, we did not know these would be so popular - we did not prepare well enough.

For those reading and need status updates, please email [email protected]

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
Ok so the rear handling springs are too much for my Steeda fixed shocks. How would the car feel with the updated front handling springs and the rear drag springs? Since the drag springs have a higher rate than my performance springs but not as much as the handling version.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so the rear handling springs are too much for my Steeda fixed shocks. How would the car feel with the updated front handling springs and the rear drag springs? Since the drag springs have a higher rate than my performance springs but not as much as the handling version.
It would certainly have some understeer like that. Not horrible, but not ideal either. I would suggest looking at going to a more capable rear shock rather than changing springs. Ford Racing, Koni Yellow or Steeda Adjustable would work.

If interested, FRPP rear shocks can be bought individually here, and are the favorite for many of us that run the 980 lb/in rear handling springs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-PERFO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
It would certainly have some understeer like that. Not horrible, but not ideal either. I would suggest looking at going to a more capable rear shock rather than changing springs. Ford Racing, Koni Yellow or Steeda Adjustable would work.

If interested, FRPP rear shocks can be bought individually here, and are the favorite for many of us that run the 980 lb/in rear handling springs:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-PERFO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
I think I'm gonna sell my whole set up and go with the Ford dampeners and BMR handling springs. I was gonna go with the Ford stuff first but I got talked out of it by some ding dongs on Facebook. Wish I would have read through these posts before buying. Oh well it's only money right!?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm gonna sell my whole set up and go with the Ford dampeners and BMR handling springs. I was gonna go with the Ford stuff first but I got talked out of it by some ding dongs on Facebook. Wish I would have read through these posts before buying. Oh well it's only money right!?
That was my first choice as well. We live and learn! You won't be disappointed.

Sponsored

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

What do you like better about the Ford Racing shocks vs. the Konis?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What do you like better about the Ford Racing shocks vs. the Konis?
The Konis are a little harsh. They handle amazing but are somewhat crashy. The Ford Racing soaks up imperfections better and still is very responsive. I'd say for a car that sees less street time than track time, the Koni are awesome. For the opposite, the FRPP are the ones to have. They just match to the springs so well

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am putting the new springs, front sway bar and konis through the acid test this afternoon at autoX. I am hoping the car will transition better through the slaloms.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am putting the new springs, front sway bar and konis through the acid test this afternoon at autoX. I am hoping the car will transition better through the slaloms.
Those Konis like to be around 1 turn up from soft or a little more.

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Those Konis like to be around 1 turn up from soft or a little more.
I actually had them 1.5 turns from full soft. There was a definite handling improvement all the way around. The car had more grip everywhere and transitioned more quickly thru the slaloms. Now I just need to work on the driver...:headbonk:

Sponsored

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
I actually had them 1.5 turns from full soft. There was a definite handling improvement all the way around. The car had more grip everywhere and transitioned more quickly thru the slaloms. Now I just need to work on the driver...:headbonk:
My first autoX event was very humbling for me. LOL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My first autoX event was very humbling for me. LOL
It is for us all :lol:

I just need a proper set of wheels and tires (read: second set) on the car (>= 285 width RE71R) and I should be able to make it consistently into the upper 1/4 of PAX at the larger turnout events near me (100-140 cars), but top 3-5 very unlikely!

Last edited:

J.P.B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Review of handling springs (SP083) paired with Ford Performance track shock/struts

I just posted a review of the BMR handling springs (SP083) paired with the Ford Performance track shocks and struts.

It turned out to be very long (probably too long), so I posted it as a new thread. Here is the link.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2277895#post2277895

FYI. The improvements were PROFOUND, and I love this pairing!!!

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

Is there any issue with springs beeing loose at full droop with the revised sp083 springs on gt350 non-R dampers? Because I realized that the gt350 non-R struts have a 1 inch longer droop than regular GT struts..

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
Finally got my SP083 installed and into Ford on Friday. Drove it home and took it down one of our curvy state highways over the weekend. Needless to say I love the setup. These springs paired with the Koni shocks are exceptional, IMO. :headbang:
Fast forward to today when I hit the interstate. Upon accelerating on the onramp and hitting the interstate. This thing would seem to pull to the left and jump back right upon each shift (6SP). I f you guys say its my LCA bushing, which are stock, why did it not do this before the springs? :shrug:
20180630_17595123.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.