Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT vs 2018 BMW M4

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
The BMW, but it'll break down and start leaking oil about the 5th race in.
And the 2018 GT will snap shift forks while the motor rattles itself to death. Lol
Yet you drive a Mustang yourself, just saying. Yes I drive one also, but I would more likely go along with him.
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
And I love mine. I was just making a joke about the 2018 GT problems. It reminds me of how glad I am that I have a 2017

Yet you drive a Mustang yourself, just saying. Yes I drive one also, but I would more likely go along with him.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
OP F'd up if all he is doing is racing in a straight line. Should have got the a10, add a blower and let the car eat.

Its already middle of june, did you finally race your dad? I would have at least gotten lighter wheels/better tires.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Yeah, but the story has to be true.

And yes, a $50k Ford Mustang GT, offers just about the performance of a $69K BMW M4. (note: that is a $19,000 difference)

As for acceleration..? = Who were the drivers..?
lol at 50k when c7 Stingrays are selling for 55k. I bought my gt for sub $35k otd. Where are you guys getting these numbers? Do you just go to the builder and order EVERY option? If you do that then at least compare apples to apples. 69k is STARTING for the bmw....

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
lol at 50k when c7 Stingrays are selling for 55k. I bought my gt for sub $35k otd. Where are you guys getting these numbers? Do you just go to the builder and order EVERY option? If you do that then at least compare apples to apples. 69k is STARTING for the bmw....
MSRP

Get a premium GT with PP and digital cluster and you are getting up there.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

A $50k Mustang GT Premium is well equipped, well enough to be compared to a base BMW M4. (apples to apples)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
No reason in the world to put up with crappy Ford assembly quality when you can afford an M4.

As much as I like my Mustang, It's a Mustang. Love the car for what it is....but comparing it to an M4 is a bit dilusional. It's more than performance that makes a difference. Unless performance is the ultimate goal, the BMW would beat every other aspect of owning a Mustang of any type.

How many people here if offered an M4 for their Mustang would refuse?

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The Ford dealer service manager himself said my Mustang wasn't a BMW when I complained about the crooked back window so many of us have on our Mustangs. Enough said.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No reason in the world to put up with crappy Ford assembly quality when you can afford an M4.

As much as I like my Mustang, It's a Mustang. Love the car for what it is....but comparing it to an M4 is a bit dilusional. It's more than performance that makes a difference. Unless performance is the ultimate goal, the BMW would beat every other aspect of owning a Mustang of any type.

I'm not interested in a BMW M4 or M2 to replace my Mustang. I don't like the turbo straight 6 noise. Also, the interior buttons on the BMW seem very cheaply made to me.

Now if and when BMW makes an M8 with the twin turbo V8, that would interest me a lot. Especially if it was given to me. :) I might have trouble giving up the Mustang though. If the BMW is AWD it might not be as much fun as the Mustang on the road course.

Of course if I could take the BMW and sell it immediately to buy a brand new Mustang + some left over money for upgrades, I might do that.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't have a crooked rear window, but I do have a rear bumper that doesn't clip in all the way where the car transitions from back to front and its worse in really hot weather. But at least my AC still works... for now! I'll be going in for my second EVAP Purge Solenoid soon... warranty replacement apparently broke, too. Car bogs or dies after starting and it's been doing this at some level since early in my ownership before I had any tune or went to a track day. They want to replace the fuel pump, too. Unreal...

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I'm not interested in a BMW M4 or M2 to replace my Mustang. I don't like the turbo straight 6 noise.
Agreed. As good as performers as the M4/3/2 are, the sound they emit is completely unsatisfying to me especially compared to my GT. Just cruising around in the GT with the V8 rumble is really nice. There are tons of M cars in my area and everyone of them sounds meh. For that kind of $$$, they should sound good but it's a 6cyl so there ya go.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Bro, I have owned BMW's for nearly 23 years.

The M4 has no more quality than any other 4 series BMW. Just like the M2 has no more quality than 2-series BMWs.

BMW makes too many models to worry about oldschool quality anymore. You are being fooled by marketing. BMW doesn't have bumper to bumper for 6 years anymore... lol
Sponsored