5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Well, we purchased our second S550. Sold the 15GT a couple of years ago and had missed it from that day. We just picked up a 17GT Premium in Triple Yellow. Feel like I came back home now...

I will definitely be cruising the vert sub forum looking for all the mods and tips I can find.

[MENTION=10489]NFS3[/MENTION], do you still have yours?
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well, we purchased our second S550. Sold the 15GT a couple of years ago and had missed it from that day. We just picked up a 17GT Premium in Triple Yellow. Feel like I came back home now...

I will definitely be cruising the vert sub forum looking for all the mods and tips I can find.

[MENTION=10489]NFS3[/MENTION], do you still have yours?
We need pics....!!!!

And you know why.....:lol:

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
hahahaha! It definitely happened, but I know the deal! Here are couple of each.

15GT (Cars and Coffee in West Chester, Ohio):

if72o2.jpg

15GT (Day that the dealer installed Roush hood vents and scoops - later removed before I sold it)

10qgw2h.jpg

17GT (Day picked up at the dealer, 11th Monday):

rr85kz.jpg

28rles3.jpg

Sponsored

Storm75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V-6 Convertible
Plus, Triple Yellow is gone for 2019, I think that is a bad move. Striking color, especially in a vert. I think the yellow needs the black top to soften the high-impact yellow. JMHS

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I went from a 15GT PP coupe to a 17GT PP vert also, the vert is great fun, especially on an amazing day.

Well done on the upgrade.

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone!

We've only had it for a short time, but my wife hit me up at dinner last night critiquing our exit from our subdivision about 30 minutes prior. She said that she wanted more roar from the exhaust when I get on it! I was floored! She recalled the Roush AB's that we had on the 15GT and she loved that sound. So, now she is lobbying for me to get AB's installed soon.

Can anyone who has the AB's installed on their vert comment on the noise level while cruising with the top down versus cruising with stock? I am thinking that maybe the Ford Racing X-pipe and the Roush AB's would be too much, so starting with AB's is probably best for now. Just curious of opinion from those folks that have them.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Just got a loaded a NEW 17 GT Premium in So Cal for a great deal. Color Magnetic Auto.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone!

We've only had it for a short time, but my wife hit me up at dinner last night critiquing our exit from our subdivision about 30 minutes prior. She said that she wanted more roar from the exhaust when I get on it! I was floored! She recalled the Roush AB's that we had on the 15GT and she loved that sound. So, now she is lobbying for me to get AB's installed soon.

Can anyone who has the AB's installed on their vert comment on the noise level while cruising with the top down versus cruising with stock? I am thinking that maybe the Ford Racing X-pipe and the Roush AB's would be too much, so starting with AB's is probably best for now. Just curious of opinion from those folks that have them.
I have a full corsa sport cat back on my 2017 GT Vert. I came from a 2016 GT Coupe with the exact same exhaust. I can tell you that it definitely sounds louder both inside with the top up and outside with the top down... not sure why but the sound is amplified and I absolutely love it! Always felt it was just a tad too tame on the coupe. I would recommend just trying the axle back and see if that is loud enough for you. One of the things I looked forward to the most was hearing my exhaust with the top down... as long as you can cruise or adjust volume with your foot pedal so that you are not constantly hearing it I think you will be happy.

Sponsored

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable

@NFS3 , do you still have yours?

Yes I do! Love every minute the top is down!:headbang:
Love the yellow. I wish I had chosen to row my own gears..:frusty:

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable
Thanks everyone!

Brian, I have Roush AB on mine. If you have not already bought an AB, Hit me up and you can drive mine to hear it.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone!

I'd err towards the conservative side. Whatever exhaust you pick will be louder in the vert.

You may want to consider an active exhaust. Best of both worlds. Also just know that the exhaust on a vert is different, keep that in mind while shopping.

OP
OP

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations, man! It was nice to see it today in person!!
It was great to catch up with you as well! Thanks for the coffee and sharing your book (it is very impressive).
Sponsored