ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD

Answers in Red
Since its Red the guy has to believe you? I would only believe that if the entire pp2 design, development, manufacturing, quality and sales team put their initals, date, sign off on it and put a pe stamp on it! Otherwise that response is nothing! I would also expect money back guarantee plus liquidated damages for wasting my time and money! Can you do that?
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're a joke. Head on back to C6 now, go ahead sweetheart!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Again? We have to wait yet again for something better to come out in the Mustang? Will the present ever arrive?

Ford had all the data about the competition. The 1LE is nothing new. Ford did a major refresh. They created the PP1, which is similarly priced to 1LE package. What is the excuse for that? If PP2 is the right package, why wasn't it planned and available at launch? Why I desperate mid-model-year introduction?

P.S. Whenever you have 2 similarly sized vehicles with similar CDs and near identical HP, where one of them pulls away at high speed (>120MPH) be very, very, very worried. That is a serious indication that the car that pulls ahead at high speed has lift and is less safe. I actually take the standing mile performance as a loss for the Mustang - not a win. I can almost guarantee based on those results that the Camaro is more stable at 150MPH than the Mustang. Throw a turn into the mix at those speeds and I'm not sure you'd want to be in Mustang.
Ford produced what they always have, a street oriented performance pack. The 1LE is GMs all out track effort. Only an idiot would look at the PP1 and think it was meant to compete with the 1LE. Just simply comparing the wheel and tire widths on these two cars is a dead give away.

And now on top of your previous ignorant statements...you're trying to infer that the mustang has a high speed lift problem and is unsafe. Let's completely ignore each cars gearing and powerband.

Wow...simply wow.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what I was thinking Millhouse, there's more than one way to achieve good high end acceleration, and it could in fact be attributed to GOOD aerodynamics that allow free flow though the car yet help it stick to the ground. there are ways to get downforce with a low drag coefficient

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Exactly what I was thinking Millhouse, there's more than one way to achieve good high end acceleration, and it could in fact be attributed to GOOD aerodynamics that allow free flow though the car yet help it stick to the ground. there are ways to get downforce with a low drag coefficient
Yep, it's obvious these folks are digging for any information possible to make the mustang fail. It's quite humorous really.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Examples: Those vertical slots on each side of the bumper? Engineered to circulate air within the wheel wells and reduce drag, lift, and turbulence
Those vents in the hood? Designed to reduce air pressure under the hood, thus reducing front end lift

And it's funny, because really, front end lift would be just as likely to cause WORSE acceleration at high speeds... lift is mainly caused by high pressure zones under the hood, and since the air has nowhere to go, it attempts to go up. however, this high pressure zone creates turbulent air in front of the car, which in turn creates drag. There's a reason high speed cars typically have a sharp front with thin or no front intakes

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Just finished watching the comparison video... the complaints for the mustang seemed to be;
1. too much understeer (fixed in PP2 with square tire setup)
2. too much body roll (fixed in PP2 with stiffer springs, sway bars, etc.)
3. damping is sloppy (fixed in PP2 with stiffer and more responsive magride tuning)
4. too expensive (PP2 similarly spec'd to 1LE is $500 cheaper)
5. not enough grip (fixed in PP2 with 305 MPSC2 tires)

Complaints for Camaro;
1. interior (can't be fixed from factory)
2. visibility (can't be fixed from factory)

Any more questions as to why the PP2 would have been a more even competitor, Chebby guys?
Bold is actually more expensive then the 1le. The PP2 doesn't have the active exhaust or Recaros.:cheers:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
PP2 doesn't have active exhaust standard, but it DOES come standard with Recaros. Lets be real though, active exhaust is just a gimmick, there's no real performance benefit to it

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
PP2 doesn't have active exhaust standard, but it DOES come standard with Recaros. Lets be real though, active exhaust is just a gimmick, there's no real performance benefit to it
True on the exhaust.:thumbsup: Have not read the Recaros are part of the PP2. Where is this said?

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was said in the press release, PP2 is actually the ONLY way to get cloth Recaros in a 2018 because it comes standard with them (a lot of people prefer the cloth ones to the leather ones for track use... if that doesn't tell you the intentions of the car). But I may have interpreted it wrong. It read to me that cloth Recaros are standard, and you could opt for leather, but after rereading it, it seems that it might still be an additional charge. I guess time will tell...

"Customers who opt for Performance Pack Level 2 have a unique opportunity to select Recaro® seats in either leather or cloth to help stay firmly planted while cornering"

http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/10/mustang-gt-performance-pack-2.html

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
You're a joke. Head on back to C6 now, go ahead sweetheart!
Haha did i offend you from one engineer to another? Don’t think people are stupid and have to believe whatever you guys write on this forum. You ordered an 18 mustang in Germany! Go figure!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Haha did i offend you from one engineer to another? Don’t think people are stupid and have to believe whatever you guys write on this forum. You ordered an 18 mustang in Germany! Go figure!
Not offended, but didn't see how it contributed to the conversation whatsoever... Thus, I denounced it. And yep, due to arrive in May!

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
SS Faster 0-60, faster 1/4 mile.. GT faster in the standing mile, but who the fuck races standing miles. And obliterates the GT on the track. And SS was 5k cheaper. Thats an ass kicking.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
SS Faster 0-60, faster 1/4 mile.. GT faster in the standing mile, but who the fuck races standing miles. And obliterates the GT on the track. And SS was 5k cheaper. Thats an ass kicking.
Personally, I think standing mile is really what matters more. that shows that the mustang has better rolling acceleration.... I don't know about you, but when daily driving, I need to speed up on the highway for a pass more often than I have to jump the guy next to me at a stoplight, and when track racing, I need to move while already at 60-70 MPH more often than I need to move from a standstill. Camaro was undeniably faster in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile though, and yes, it was an ass-kicking. I just don't think they used the right car for the job
Sponsored