2015-2016 Mustang GT350 Red Starter Button Kit - Ford Performance Parts

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Do we have to disconnect the battery prior to doing this? Have one being delivered tomorrow and will be using the pick method.
I did not disconnect mine. Had zero issues doing it this way. I was done in 30 seconds, too.
Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
How the hell did y'all get the original button out of the dash, I just tried with a dental pick for about five minutes and only succeeded in bending all the tools

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
How the hell did y'all get the original button out of the dash, I just tried with a dental pick for about five minutes and only succeeded in bending all the tools
For me, it was just a question of watching the youtube videos closely too see exactly where to pry, then gently but firmly working at it until it popped out. It was easy for me. If you pried hard enough to bend a dental pick, you probably didn't have the right angle.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Has anyone painted one of these another color?
I took out the original light whitish silvery-grey button and sprayed it with a couple layers of transparent blue. The writing on it still showed through, and it was a good match for my body paint.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Yeah, mine took a little longer than 30 seconds, but it was done in a few minutes. I also did not disconnect my battery, and sat in the passenger side to do it. I used a small mechanical flat head screwdriver wrapped in a bit if electrical tape to protect the trim plastic.

deentml89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecostang Premium
I'd be interested in buying the stock button from anyone that does this swap on a 2018+. Let me know if your interested in selling.
Sponsored