Sponsored

Passing emissions with my Procharger

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
So I don’t have a Lund tune, either does the other guy in this thread with the same problem. I simply contacted Lund to get their take on how long the monitors should take to set and they said 100ish miles (same as everyone else but you say thousands of miles).

I didn’t choose to go out for a custom tune, we (Procharger tuning and me) spent months and 9 revisions trying to make the Procharger tune work. You guys contacted me and said you had a local tuner lined up for me since you were unable to fix it yourselves. If you guys would have delivered what I paid for instead of falsely advertising that I could purchase your system and Your tune and have factory drive characteristics only to find out you couldn’t deliver a tune that did that (car accelerated on its own and all of your revisions couldn’t fix that). I wanted a supercharger, I never wanted to meet or deal with a tuner, so I bought your complete system believing you sold what was advertised. If you would have delivered a tune that made my car drive right I would never have had to mess with any other tune or been dealing with trying to get as many miles on my car as I can before my car cannot be registered any more.

How in the world could you possibly help me? What do you have up your sleeve that you already haven’t tried. I’m not arguing just clarifying it wasn’t my choice to go find a custom tune, I was backed into a corner when you couldn’t deliver a functional tune.

Sorry I don’t see any way you could possibly help me? I wish there was, but unless you spell it out for me I just don’t see it, we’ve already proven you can’t give me a tune that makes my car drive right and without that, I don’t see myself passing smog in the next two weeks. Also, I call bullshit on your claim that you rarely send out revisions. Last I counted there were 7 guys on here that bought your system and tune when I bought mine last year, every one of them went through your revisions. All of those users ended up going elsewhere for a custom tune. The difference between them and me is I’m the only one that requires a smog test and now here I am.

I admit I’m frustrated, but really never see the actual help that you are saying you are here to provide, all I see are cool words and clever sentences that give the appearance of helping without ever really doing anything.

Since again all you are doing is arguing with me,
I will consider this matter done.

But just for example, argument vs. facts.

My personal 2018 Mustang... brand new off the showroom floor.... never set half the monitors in 1,500 miles.... and trust me, Ford didn't screw anything up. They finally set just before I installed the supercharger.

vs.

this 100 mile "myth"

Sure they "might" set that quickly. But I have seen cars take much much longer, that are stone stock... (like my own)

I admire and respect all the people trying to help you out on this forum. However, I can tell that a LOT of the information is just stuff thats being copied from Google. Granted thats awesome that everyone is trying to pitch in... HOWEVER, some of the stuff being talked about is flat out WRONG. Dead wrong, and 100% a waste of your time.

If you change your mind and are willing to help me help you.
I will always be around.

Signing off,
Erik
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

My personal 2018 Mustang... brand new off the showroom floor.... never set half the monitors in 1,500 miles.... and trust me, Ford didn't screw anything up. They finally set just before I installed the supercharger.

vs.

this 100 mile "myth"

Sure they "might" set that quickly. But I have seen cars take much much longer, that are stone stock... (like my own)

I admire and respect all the people trying to help you out on this forum. However, I can tell that a LOT of the information is just stuff thats being copied from Google. Granted thats awesome that everyone is trying to pitch in... HOWEVER, some of the stuff being talked about is flat out WRONG. Dead wrong, and 100% a waste of your time.

I will always be around.

Signing off,
Erik
WOW JUST WOW. Glad i bought a Whipple.....

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

vs.

this 100 mile "myth"

I will always be around.

Signing off,
Erik
Okay, point taken. I admit I am being too confrontational. Tell me how I can help you help me? Please???? What can I do?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
WOW JUST WOW. Glad i bought a Whipple.....
I am trying to help the guy....

Dead honest, but it seems everyone wants to talk over me.
I'm sorry, but using Copy and Paste from google is just wasting the guys time.

Whipple, Roush, and ProCharger.....
All of us have California EO Carb numbers for our kits.
All pass emissions at the LV3 standard.
All set all monitors like normal.

I am trying to HELP to find out two things with this guys car...
1) Why his has been such a problem child since day 1.
2) Why it won't set all monitors, (which might be realted to #1)

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think it will be easy to diagnose whether its the S/C, tune, or factory parts (e.g. O2 sensors). You could get exhaust gas analysis, or just pull the S/C and see if everything turns green.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Okay, point taken. I admit I am being too confrontational. Tell me how I can help you help me? Please???? What can I do?
The fastest and easiest thing I can think of...

1) Send your file via, HPtuners and I can compare it to the emissions related items in our file that has passed all EO tests, Monitors and has the EO.

2) Have your tuner contact me, so we can get to the bottom of it.

You will be rocking and rolling soon. Heck I have cars that make over 800hp running around with all the monitors set green. (now will they pass the "emissions" part of the EO test.. oh heck no, not with those massive 95lb injectors) But as far as the monitors are concerned, all is GREEN. :)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I don't think it will be easy to diagnose whether its the S/C, tune, or factory parts (e.g. O2 sensors). You could get exhaust gas analysis, or just pull the S/C and see if everything turns green.
I have seen at least 10+ "mail order" tunes in the last few months that had the heaters turned off for the o2 sensors. That alone would cause those monitors to never set. Why they were turned off I have no idea.

Other things I have seen are....

- A couple cars with DFCO fueling turned off. Might not have affected monitors, but would NEVER pass a tailpipe emissions drive test like that.

- Knock sensors turned completely off. (just downright harmful)

- The wrong operating system loaded to the car. (the easy to spot ones the oil pressure gauge doesn't work)

- Fuel injector data flipped upside down. (then MAF curve fiddled with to make it work) Fuel trims off the charts, no way monitors would run.

So moral of the story, weird stuff happens. I highly doubt some of it is intentional, sometimes programmers and loading tools do some weird stuff. Depending on software revisions, ECU calibration, etc.

Just yesterday I dealt with a software glitch that loaded incorrect data to my own personal car. The company found the glitch, did a quick software update and all is well. However had I not been looking closely I never would have seen that it randomly placed incorrect data in about 6 cells.

But now nobody else has to worry about that glitch. :)

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't recall the OP saying he has had his car inspected before. Maybe it has never been all green.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The fastest and easiest thing I can think of...

1) Send your file via, HPtuners and I can compare it to the emissions related items in our file that has passed all EO tests, Monitors and has the EO.

2) Have your tuner contact me, so we can get to the bottom of it.

You will be rocking and rolling soon. Heck I have cars that make over 800hp running around with all the monitors set green. (now will they pass the "emissions" part of the EO test.. oh heck no, not with those massive 95lb injectors) But as far as the monitors are concerned, all is GREEN. :)
Thank you. I can send the *.enc of my tune, I don’t have the native .hpt of the file. Is that okay? How can I send it to you and ensure it doesn’t go to one of your coworkers instead and get mixed up with something else you have going on?

I can get ahold of Rob (tuner) and ask if he will contact you, how would you like me to have him contact you? Not sure if he will do that, but I’ll ask.

Edit. Just sent the info tune in .enc format to [email protected]. I’m interested if the O2 heaters and all the other emission stuff is setup correctly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't recall the OP saying he has had his car inspected before. Maybe it has never been all green.
Yes this is my first smog check as it’s the first year it’s required. No clue if they were green ever. Can only hope on that.

Sponsored

ven377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue? I've driven my whippled gt for 4k+ miles and my o2 heater sensor is still not green.

ven377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
wow. mine had all 8 cycles done in about 50 miles
Lucky you!

Quick story of how lame this has all been for me.

-May of 2017 I decided to install catless headers on my car with a gibson cat back.

-7 days later I get pulled over and sent to state ref for emissions violation blah blah blah.

-2 weeks after the violation, BOOM one off my rod bearings goes out. Bye bye motor

-In June I order a fully built 5.2L long block

-In August the car is up and running.

-I take it to the state ref and fail the test because of o2 sensors. :doh:

I put over 4k miles into the car. Risking getting pulled over and having the car impounded. And the sensors still wont come on... :shrug::shrug::frusty::frusty:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Lucky you!

Quick story of how lame this has all been for me.

-May of 2017 I decided to install catless headers on my car with a gibson cat back.

-7 days later I get pulled over and sent to state ref for emissions violation blah blah blah.

-2 weeks after the violation, BOOM one off my rod bearings goes out. Bye bye motor

-In June I order a fully built 5.2L long block

-In August the car is up and running.

-I take it to the state ref and fail the test because of o2 sensors. :doh:

I put over 4k miles into the car. Risking getting pulled over and having the car impounded. And the sensors still wont come on... :shrug::shrug::frusty::frusty:
Whipple tune? do you have cats now?