Sponsored

Who has the best built Motor?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Just curious as to those with a built motor why did you choose your specific company over the competitors? Do you believe they are more reliable over a stock motor? For those who went ecoboom theres the option of going back to stock and get a warranty back or going built motor but no warranty but on paper is more reliable do to stronger parts, but sh*t happens and stuff can always go wrong. Seems like the most popular companies I see are Livernois, MAP, and Esslinger
Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Honestly you can't go wrong with those companies. I've used MAP since forever when I was building 600whp dsms.

I've also just bought the internals and had good local machinists assemble them to great effect. That's honestly my favorite route as it allows me to control everything about the combination such as bearing oil clearance, piston ring gapping, closing oil squirters, etc. If you don't want to deal with those details then purchase from any of the vendors you mentioned.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
..,...................cosworth.......,........

To bad only England has it in there backyard not fair you lucky lands..2.3 fully spec out engine would be for me..

7163 turbo or Vargas tt2
Map billet intake
Injine intercooler

Would have to complement this build

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I built my own and I've been very happy with it. Like SlaughterOfTheSoul said, I like being able to build the motor to my specs and what's worked well for me over the years. We just finished up a 2.0 (closed deck FoST) block 2.3 for Josh Parker too. I'm going to start a new build for mine with the 2.0 semi-closed deck block within the next month or so and see how far I can push that.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I will second using a local machine shop, we have a few around here with great reputation, save on shipping costs too. As well as being in the loop a lot more on the details, and seeing the build along the way is nice. Was my first choice, but I fell onto a deal with an Esslinger motor and my local shop just couldn't beat the price (I didn't hold it against them).

I've also done my own 'basement builds' in my house, and even changed pistons out while motor is still in the car. Just depends how much machine work you're doing, or if you're just swapping in rods/pistons.

I will say, one perk of Esslinger, is they have an engine dyno in house. They can fully test and break in the motor before shipping and install. Not many shops can say that.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
The 3 shops you named have done well for sure.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
cosworth 2.3 block would cost like 10x that of the others.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Why not Ford Performance..?

Their catalog is up to date.
Sponsored