Sponsored

Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.

Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display? Heated steering wheel? Wireless charging pad? Hence why I put Camaro ahead in interior. Just opinions, no need to get salty. Haven’t seen how the new Mustang faired in the crash test videos but the 15-17 model faired just as well as the Camaro and Challenger.
2018 mustang gt is, at slowest configuration, still as quick or quicker than the Camaro SS. The hellcat is certainly quicker than both so I am not sure what you're actually trying to say. You sound like you're trying to cope.
Sponsored

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
2018 mustang gt is, at slowest configuration, still as quick or quicker than the Camaro SS. The hellcat is certainly quicker than both so I am not sure what you're actually trying to say. You sound like you're trying to cope.
Cope? Lol. We all know paper statistics don’t always play out in real life, and every video I have seen of an 18 Mustang GT racing a 16+ Camaro SS, the Camaro SS still wins. The Hellcat is in a different ballpark as far as price, when I compare the Challenger to the Mustang and Camaro I’m comparing the SRT 392 or the Scat Pack as that is in the same general price range with the 392 being the most expensive of the three. I’m not talking about the Shelby or the ZL1 either for that matter. Honestly after having 2 years of the refreshed Camaro being out I would have expected an 18 GT to gap it by car lengths, but I see it being equal to or less than. I guess we’ll see as more videos come out. Keep in mind that the SS still has 35 more torque than the GT and while the GT has 5 more Hp, we know it’s torque that wins races.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Cope? Lol. We all know paper statistics don’t always play out in real life, and every video I have seen of an 18 Mustang GT racing a 16+ Camaro SS, the Camaro SS still wins. The Hellcat is in a different ballpark as far as price, when I compare the Challenger to the Mustang and Camaro I’m comparing the SRT 392 or the Scat Pack as that is in the same general price range with the 392 being the most expensive of the three. I’m not talking about the Shelby or the ZL1 either for that matter.
Sorry bro, didn't even read your reply because it frankly doesn't matter.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Super cars you say? I guess Ferrari and Lamborghini owners better be on the look out for you. :lol::thumbsup:

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
Super cars you say? I guess Ferrari and Lamborghini owners better be on the look out for you. :lol::thumbsup:
Actually yes, glad you mentioned it, especially Ferrari:

"The list of cars the Camaro went faster than should embarrass some OEMs: Porsche Cayman GT4, 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus, Ferrari 458 Italia. I mean, come on!"

Poor Ferrari.
Source

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Actually yes, glad you mentioned it, especially Ferrari:

"The list of cars the Camaro went faster than should embarrass some OEMs: Porsche Cayman GT4, 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus, Ferrari 458 Italia. I mean, come on!"

Poor Ferrari.
Source
Oh good a Camaro SS owner with magazine articles.

Wanna see something neat?

[ame]

That's a video of me beating a 130 thousand dollar 8 speed automatic corvette Zo6 in a 36K Mustang. I don't magazine race...... Sorry. Like you said. Us Mustang guys don’t read much. And have the attention of a gold fish. But hey I'm in for some videos of you taking out these super cars you mentioned above in your SS. I'll just hang out here and wait til you up load a few from your personal collection. Im a straight line guy. But I'm sure I'll enjoy your road course super car kill videos.

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.
You listed the following issues in the other thread:
- Rear end grinding noises
- Digital display issues
- Cracked rim
- Transmission cooling line issues

That's a lot worse than losing A/C (the most common issue for the 2015-2017 Mustang). 2018 owners haven't reported any issues with A/C. The only complaints I have seen from all our 2018 members, is a cracked dash from the factory and a single engine failure from a 1st run car.

PhantomV8 said:
Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.
I once beat a Porsche 911 Turbo from stoplight to stoplight in my Pathfinder, but I don't think the guy knew we were racing.

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
You listed the following issues in the other thread:
- Rear end grinding noises
- Digital display issues
- Cracked rim
- Transmission cooling line issues

That's a lot worse than losing A/C (the most common issue for the 2015-2017 Mustang). 2018 owners haven't reported any issues with A/C. The only complaints I have seen from all our 2018 members, is a cracked dash from the factory and a single engine failure from a 1st run car.

I once beat a Porsche 911 Turbo from stoplight to stoplight in my Pathfinder, but I don't think the guy knew we were racing.
Yes I was venting and wanted a reason to trade for a mustang as I was offered a brand new ‘17 GT for my 30k mile 2SS. The rear grinding noise is an easy rear diff fluid swap and most owners know to replace the diff fluid early on. The display issue I fixed myself in less than 5 minutes (loose fuse), easiest repair I’ve ever done literally unplugging and replugginh a usb in the box. The cracked rim? My own fault running summer performance tires in 8 degree winter temps over a pothole. There was never an issue with the tran cool lines, they were moved over and secured to prevent anything happening to them, only recall I’ve had for the car and not an issue to me. I’ve seen LOTS more than just AC problems with GT owners complaining about driveline vibrations and trading their cars back in at 6600 miles. It was supposed to be a lighthearted joke (the AC). Yes I was just bitching about my car, I wanted to justify a trade which from reading others posts I couldn’t do, which is sad.

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
Oh good a Camaro SS owner with magazine articles.

Wanna see something neat?

That's a video of me beating a 130 thousand dollar 8 speed automatic corvette Zo6 in a 36K Mustang. I don't magazine race...... Sorry. Like you said. Us Mustang guys don’t read much. And have the attention of a gold fish. But hey I'm in for some videos of you taking out these super cars you mentioned above in your SS. I'll just hang out here and wait til you up load a few from your personal collection. Im a straight line guy. But I'm sure I'll enjoy your road course super car kill videos.
Fantastic! GT best performance per dollar car on the market IMO. I’ve seen a civic beat an aventador, doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a civic. I said SOME owners don’t read much because if I post longer than a couple of sentences on here owners reply “too long didn’t read” and yeah I don’t own a 1LE so I’m not even going to try tracking against a 458 Italia, it was just interesting to me the track times that it beat for a Camaro. Simply justifying the reason why I put the Camaro ahead of mustang and challenger in that one section of the article rewrite. Where I live, I don’t get the chance to run straight roads. My rewrite was just opinion. Didn’t think anyone would care this much. If I had the money, I would take a Corvette Z06 or even just a Stingray over any Camaro any day. Just a matter of what you like to drive. Also, how do you get a $130,000 Z06? That’s twice the starting price. I’d rather have a GTR for that price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
Ha ha base GT with 18 inch wheels and like bootlegger said it was obvious the guy in the Mustang didn't know they were racing. :lol:
Really? So you’re saying a Camaro SS flooring it and a Mustang GT not racing stayed side by side? And do you not see the aggressive jumping of the Mustang GT at shift? He deffinetly knew, and I knew someone would try to say that. Just watch the front end of the Mustang you will see. To me it’s clear the race starts at 0:05, you can even see the GoPro jerk upon acceleration. If the Mustang wasn’t racing, the Camaro would have just pulled away. Reguardless this thread should be closed as it is completely off track from the article now.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
One street racing video is pretty poor evidence. Actual drag strip data shows the Camaro and Mustang to be even, if not giving a slight advantage to the 2018 A10 GT.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Yes I was venting and wanted a reason to trade for a mustang as I was offered a brand new ‘17 GT for my 30k mile 2SS. The rear grinding noise is an easy rear diff fluid swap and most owners know to replace the diff fluid early on. The display issue I fixed myself in less than 5 minutes (loose fuse), easiest repair I’ve ever done literally unplugging and replugginh a usb in the box. The cracked rim? My own fault running summer performance tires in 8 degree winter temps over a pothole. There was never an issue with the tran cool lines, they were moved over and secured to prevent anything happening to them, only recall I’ve had for the car and not an issue to me. I’ve seen LOTS more than just AC problems with GT owners complaining about driveline vibrations and trading their cars back in at 6600 miles. It was supposed to be a lighthearted joke (the AC). Yes I was just bitching about my car, I wanted to justify a trade which from reading others posts I couldn’t do, which is sad.
Aside from the A/C issues, there aren't many common issues in the Mustang. Besides, I would take A/C issues that get fixed under warranty over intake valve deposit issues as many have seen on the Camaro.
You may also be missing the fact that the article is about the 2018 Mustang. Fit and finish alone were a massive improvement in the 2018. My wife commented on how well the car was assembled while helping me wash it on Saturday, and she is probably the first one to criticize that sort of thing (artist and painter).

iTutn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Accord Euro R / 2016 GT Premium PP
No matter how quick the fix is, it's still a reliability issue. You have pictures of the cracked rim? The description you're giving sounds odd.

You're whole demeanor speaks of trolling though, you at one point considered trading the car but all of a sudden it's perfect?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic! GT best performance per dollar car on the market IMO. I’ve seen a civic beat an aventador, doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a civic. I said SOME owners don’t read much because if I post longer than a couple of sentences on here owners reply “too long didn’t read” and yeah I don’t own a 1LE so I’m not even going to try tracking against a 458 Italia, it was just interesting to me the track times that it beat for a Camaro. Simply justifying the reason why I put the Camaro ahead of mustang and challenger in that one section of the article rewrite. Where I live, I don’t get the chance to run straight roads. My rewrite was just opinion. Didn’t think anyone would care this much. If I had the money, I would take a Corvette Z06 or even just a Stingray over any Camaro any day. Just a matter of what you like to drive. Also, how do you get a $130,000 Z06? That’s twice the starting price. I’d rather have a GTR for that price.
Dude your all over the map. A civic is just a civic. But a Camaro is a super car? Nope, a Camaro is just another entry level sports car that sells like crap. You bring up the quality arguement after you said you’ve had a ton of issues with your SS? Take your magazine and Just go back over to camaro6. tell everyone how shitty mustang6 people are. Or even better take your world class sports car out and start hunting those super cars. Make sure you get video like I do. So people can’t call bullshit. Don’t be the guy that takes credit for other people’s driving.
Sponsored