Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
The entire bumper was removed for two small mods this weekend (there's more substantial upgrades coming soon I promise!):
1) Replacing the ugly lower grille we get on the Euro Mustangs with the authentic US spec design with matching honeycomb pattern and 'fangs'.
2) Wire in Switchbank DRL/Indicators.

BEFORE:
before-2.jpg

DURING:
during.jpg

AFTER:
after-3.jpg

Both involved way more work than they're worth, but they're nice subtle improvements.

As usual, here's a video edit of the job. There's a preview of what else I've got in store for my Mustang at the start.

[ame]

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
My Mustang earned its stripes!
I went for black GT350 style stripes with the white pinstripe design, but with GT500 inspired widths of 10 inches, so I guess that makes my car a GT850..?

details.jpg

Other details include wrapped mirrors, headlight corner tint, dechrome window trim and red reflector tint. The badges weren't really suitable for wrapping, so I'm looking at blacking them out with Plastidip + Glossifier to complete the look.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'm really loving the new look! I'm so glad I decided to go with stripes over just the black roof that I originally planned.

[ame]

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I freshened up my brakes with gloss black to the discs to rear calipers, then something a little different for the front... White Brembos!

before-after.jpg

I ended up with a couple of runs on the Brembos, but I'm happy with the finish overall. Spraying the rears was much easier than painting the fronts with a brush, but I wanted to use a two-pack paint for the white to hopefully provide a hard durable finish. I ended up using the Foliatec Caliper Kit, which was handy with it coming with a new wire brush and can of brake cleaner.

calipers4.jpg

I wonder how long it be until I regret my colour choice due to perpetual cleaning!

[ame]

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Car looks absolutely fantastic. Great job!

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Just minutes after after installing my Roush Axle backs I was already wanting to turn up the volume a little more, so I recently had a custom H-Pipe fabricated and installed. Here's some driving sound clips I recorded today:
[ame]

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
that looks good! glad you guys get to enjoy these awesome cars!