Sponsored

Lost Compression in cyl 7&8 Mystery Solved!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So is going F.I. on these cars a gamble? The engines weren’t meant for it.
Plenty of people running alot of power on stock motors, but any modifications to any engine is always a gamble. You never know what will break or when. It's rare, but it's always a possibility.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
So is going F.I. on these cars a gamble? The engines weren’t meant for it.
Adding FI to any stock engine is a gamble. You are making a big jump in power output so you have to pay to play. Just make sure you are financially secure enough to pay for a new motor if you go boosted, so you aren’t stuck with a broken car that you can’t afford to fix.

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Adding FI to any stock engine is a gamble. You are making a big jump in power output so you have to pay to play. Just make sure you are financially secure enough to pay for a new motor if you go boosted, so you aren’t stuck with a broken car that you can’t afford to fix.
Whats that old saying... "Got to pay to play" Killed mine at COTA doing like 90 Drag races in a weekend. Would I do it again??? YEP.....

[ame]

OP
OP
Crackerjack17

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Whats that old saying... "Got to pay to play" Killed mine at COTA doing like 90 Drag races in a weekend. Would I do it again??? YEP.....
Awesome video!! What did you use to record that?

Rear billet crank cover on and head cooling mod. MMR should be sponsoring me. Lol

picture.jpg

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome video!! What did you use to record that?

Rear billet crank cover on and head cooling mod. MMR should be sponsoring me. Lol

GoPro Hero 5. It records GPS data but the app they give you to overlay sucks. Crashes and is slow so I only do the overlay on small videos lol.

Sponsored

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
HAHA... I Just did a weekend long track day at Circuit of the Americas with my Whipple car. Second day last session, I got a CEL for cylinder 8 misfires and cank posistion sensor. Multiple laps that had WOT pulls to 150 Plus. Doing my compression test tonight. Could be a fun build!
Did the car loose power during your sessions at all before the CEL? Do you or are you able to monitor your IAT2 temps?

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I’m saving up for the rebuild of my Lightning engine. I want heads and cams.

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did the car loose power during your sessions at all before the CEL? Do you or are you able to monitor your IAT2 temps?
Car did feel off a lap before the CEL. Once it cooled off though it was back to normal. I can monitor IAT 2 with my nguage but I wasn't on this trip. I had some fueling issues about 6 months ago when I had my procharger. I'm pretty sure that's when I hurt the motor. After installing the whipple and hitting the dyno I was 50 HP off from my buddy that has the exact same build. Just gonna get a new short block and send it!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Even with a "built /sleeved" motor there are really no guarantees.
Worst part (apart from the cost ) when things go south is the down time so having a "spare motor " ready to go just in case is not a bad idea.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Even with a "built /sleeved" motor there are really no guarantees.
Worst part (apart from the cost ) when things go south is the down time so having a "spare motor " ready to go just in case is not a bad idea.

Especially with how many of these cars you are playing with.. lol. :cheers:

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Especially with how many of these cars you are playing with.. lol. :cheers:
Ouch! Lol.
May be that is why I have so many :frusty:
With my luck I rarely I have both the 15's (KB and Hellion) running at the same time so I need not only "spare" motors but "spare " cars !

When I have all 4 cars running at the same time like I have now it's hard to decide which one to run (first world problems right ?):frusty:
I tend to avoid the "scary" car (the KB) so that will probably be the first to go (once I get that 9 second slip ) when I decide to "down size".

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, this isn't a tune issue. I reviewed all my own logs and I also recorded logs frequently and looked at them. I was having some issues with false knock in the beginning. That dang a/c bolt on the headers was one issue. But I likely got some less than stellar gas at times too. I ran a good bit of octanium at times, but not all the time. And when I did, I only added one can to the full tank instead of 10 gallons, to try and buffer the octane a tad.

Those ring lands between the rings and oil control rings are thin. The top of the piston to the first ring is much thicker.
Sorry for the loss of your motor :mad: I had the same symptoms on 93 with my vortech kit, finally got all my false knock figured out and then the car took a shit a week later while logging. I had oil everywhere in the intake system, turns out I had the same ring land issue as you. Got a new motor, new tuner and went E85 and the car runs like a champ. Constant pulls to 160 and its holding up so far lol. Good luck on your build. Just remember we all come back stronger then before :ford: - Anthony Velgen

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
e85 really saves these cars IMO. I never run my car hard on 93, if I blow it up its gonna be from too much power lol

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
finally got all my false knock figured out..... and then the car took a shit a week later while logging.
Those two sentences back to back, almost seem like the knock wasn't "false"

Sorry for your loss :(

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
e85 really saves these cars IMO. lol
The fuel is so forgiving you can basically be completely in left field with the tune, and still have a solid running car. It's pretty crazy.

Imagine you are playing darts at a bar at night.

91 octane, = you better hit pretty close to the bulleye.
93 octane, = you better at least hit the dart board.
E85 = just hit any part of the wall at all, and she will live. LOL
Sponsored