Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Drive-By Video and More Pics

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Wait...so we are getting a retrofitted 350 with a FPC 302 that is supercharged, but with an electric handbrake and a manual with a DCT and 18 headlights that are inversely installed?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...so we are getting a retrofitted 350 with a FPC 302 that is supercharged, but with an electric handbrake and a manual with a DCT and 18 headlights that are inversely installed?
No we're getting a 427 with 4 barrels.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Are these new or old photos?? The reason I ask is, why is he driving the car with MAX A/C on during the cold months? Just curious. Maybe there's a reason for it? :shrug:

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks like my Florida grown procharged s550 will kick it's high priced ass. Wouldn't be bad to get some trickle down suspension/drivetrain parts.
Looks slow

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Looks like my Florida grown procharged s550 will kick it's high priced ass. Wouldn't be bad to get some trickle down suspension/drivetrain parts.
It's easy to go fast. I have a 95GT that runs close to 8s. And I have 25 grand invested. But it's a lot harder to retain value and warranty. A procharged GT will be worthless in 15 years. While the GT500 will have an army of bidders at Barrett Jackson.:shrug:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Are these new or old photos?? The reason I ask is, why is he driving the car with MAX A/C on during the cold months? Just curious. Maybe there's a reason for it? :shrug:
Sync3 screen in the mule says it’s 69 degrees outside. Probably was told by an engineer to run the a/c to keep both engine fans running as they were watching coolant temps on the dash mounted GameBoy.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Fords GT4 car doesn't even use the FPC anymore.

That car is a GT350 with a 5.2 CPC
The car homologated as a GT4 Mustang never had a FPC in it.

Last edited:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Yes, but development, not validation. Any mules like that are for continued calibration development. Any real validation will be done with VP cars, not an M1.
You’re righ, my bad.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the SS wide body now! I'm sure the GT500 will be good just not sure it would have been worth all the wait and mental anguish!! I sure don't see anything so far to regret it!! Hopefully there is something special for you guys holding out!! Y'all deserve it!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the SS wide body now! I'm sure the GT500 will be good just not sure it would have been worth all the wait and mental anguish!! I sure don't see anything so far to regret it!! Hopefully there is something special for you guys holding out!! Y'all deserve it!
Let us know how you feel about that decision once the GT500 is fully unveiled. The ZL1 to me is amazing machine - one that has been tempting as the wait for the top dog continued. But I am getting excited for the 500 now. Hopefully the ZL1 models of the Camaro retain the current front and rear without going down the road to the 2019 jellybean look.
Sponsored