I traded in my 16 Pony last week for a Cadillac

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations! I was flabbergasted by how good these are when I got to wring one out. Sad to see you leave the pony but I understand.
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Those are nice cars, the new Cadillac's are very nice and sharp looking I think.

Dunno why people gotta be jerks on forums... kinda people that wont look you in the eye in person most likely.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Those are nice cars, the new Cadillac's are very nice and sharp looking I think.

Dunno why people gotta be jerks on forums... kinda people that wont look you in the eye in person most likely.
It's the fact that on the internet you can be anonymous. You can bet 100% they wouldn't say that to OP in person.

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
It's the fact that on the internet you can be anonymous. You can bet 100% they wouldn't say that to OP in person.
I don’t let keyboard warriors bother me, I figure that they are either jealous or insecure and have something to prove.

I’m having so much fun driving my ATS V, it’s a well engineered car and the build quality is everything that you would expect from a luxury car. I’m loving the interior and the Recaros are extremely comfortable. I can’t get over the ride quality and the 8 speed automatic transmission is smooth as butter. I haven’t played with the paddle shifters yet or manual mode so I cannot comment on the dual clutch. I’m waiting until I get through the break in period because I know I will be bouncing off the rev limiter :headbang: The twin turbo is a monster and I notice zero turbo lag. I could care less about the haters when I’m having such a blast driving.

I’m happy with my decision to trade my Mustang for it and that’s what is most important. I loved my Mustang but it’s not a practical car as a DD for me anymore. My 73 year old Mom had a hard time getting in and out of it, my friends hated riding in it because they felt it was a bit harsh on not smooth roads. I was getting tired of driving a manual in South Florida traffic and I hated the transmission. I’m a little soured by Ford’s piss poor quality control and CS after having to fight them over the 15 EcoBoost which had such poor build quality that it was deemed a lemon. I didn’t trust Ford to service my Mustang and they never did.

Sponsored

MX5NDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16’ F-150, 17’GTI sport, 16 FiST, 16 MX5 club
Wow a lot of jealous poor people on his forum here.

Congrats sometimes performance and luxury can coexist.

Me personally probably would have gotten a lightly used GT350 or M2.

Congrats again sweet ride!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats on the new ride! Is it manual or automatic? Is the Caddy larger or smaller than the Mustang? How do you like the seating position by comparison (I feel like the current Mustang seats are higher than I would prefer)? Does the Caddy have the high belt line like the current Mustangs?

Do you do any HPDEs or just commute in the car?

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Congrats on the new ride! Is it manual or automatic? Is the Caddy larger or smaller than the Mustang? How do you like the seating position by comparison (I feel like the current Mustang seats are higher than I would prefer)? Does the Caddy have the high belt line like the current Mustangs?

Do you do any HPDEs or just commute in the car?
I can’t comment on the seat height because I’m 5’2” so for me it’s fine, I do feel that it goes lower than the Mustang but I didn’t have Recaros in the Mustang. It’s definitely smaller than the Mustang and it’s 300 lbs lighter. The belt line looks to be a bit higher but the Recaros are much taller than the Mustang seats so it has to be, it’s positioned much better than in the Mustang. I went with the 8 speed auto and I am not sorry that I did. The transmission is rock solid and the shifts are fluid, when switching driving modes the shift points change. In Sport mode it definitely holds gears longer and revs are a bit higher than comfort mode. I haven’t played too much with the various track mode settings yet. Track mode has about 8 different settings that range from novice to advanced driving skills and wet or dry track conditions. When switching between driving modes the exhaust note is noticeably different, in comfort mode it’s fairly quiet, in sport mode it’s a bit louder and in track mode you can really hear the baffling because the pipes are wide open.

I haven’t participated in any HPDE’s because track events are always on Saturdays and that’s my money day in the salon so I never take off. I really hope to get it on the track one of these days because it’s definitely engineered for the track and would be great on a road course, it corners like it’s on rails. The weight is so well balanced that I don’t feel any oversteer or understeer. I’ve taken some of the on and off ramp corners at very aggressive speeds and the car feels like I could push it harder because it really grips the road. I’m sure the Michelin PSS that it came with have quite a bit to do with the grip. I can’t say enough about the magnetic ride suspension, it’s a thing of beauty.

Cadillac really knocked it out of the park when they engineered the V series. They are coming out with a twin turbo v8 in 2019 which sounds like it’s going to be a monster.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is the Caddy larger or smaller than the Mustang?
I own both. An ATS is smaller than the Mustang.

And I didn't fully understand the part about Grandmother being able to get into the ATS easier than the Cadillac. The ATS is lower to the ground and the seats are also a bit lower, of course they are both height adjustable. Maybe her Mustang was lowered or there was some other factor than seat height. Neither of mine were ordered with Recaros.

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I own both. An ATS is smaller than the Mustang.

And I didn't fully understand the part about Grandmother being able to get into the ATS easier than the Cadillac. The ATS is lower to the ground and the seats are also a bit lower, of course they are both height adjustable. Maybe her Mustang was lowered or there was some other factor than seat height. Neither of mine were ordered with Recaros.
It’s my mom, not grandmother, lol.

My Mustang was lowered by about 1” which shouldn’t make much of a difference and she had trouble before I lowered it. I didn’t lower it for aesthetics but because it was too bouncy and the brake dive and squat was ridiculous. I think a big part of the issue was the weight and size of the doors on the Mustang. Even raising the seat height didn’t help much. She never complained but I definitely noticed her having a hard time getting out of the Mustang.

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
The only part Caddy dropped the ball on the ATSV is that cheap shit looking gauge cluster. They could have done alot better imo.

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
The only part Caddy dropped the ball on the ATSV is that cheap shit looking gauge cluster. They could have done alot better imo.
Agreed but HUD is pretty awesome, so I’m okay with the lackluster gauge cluster. At least CUE is a pretty good infotainment system.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Congrats on your new Caddy! Sorry to lose you as a Ford afficianado. I had a SHO with the TT, though not the HP of your caddy. Loved the ride, instant torque, awd, etc. Your Caddy would really resond to a tune.
Those TT turbos make a LOT more power with just a tune.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Sharp car. The fact that it's a new '16 still sitting on the lot. tells how realistic $76K was for that car.
I love my manual and V8 sound, so I could never make that switch but for your needs sounds like a better fit. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Sponsored