Sponsored

Boostworks refusing shipment of kit

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
With so many top tier vendors to choose from I just don't get why people keep getting scammed by guys like Travis. He has been notorious for a long time.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gt35016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So I managed to get Travis to answer by using a burner number. Was shocked he actually picked up but pretty much asked why he isn't shipping and he said "I'm not playing games" and hangs up...

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
lawyer...Get one. And the sooner the better.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
This sounds like him, when I purchased my Kenne Bell kit in Oct of 2016 it was close to impossible to contact him for details about the kit and shipping information. He ended up shipping it two months later after telling me it would ship in two business days. He never answered phone calls or emails even though he was posting videos on social media and pictures.
Had a similar situation in 2003. I got my parts, but several months after they were supposedly on the way. Others ended up begging, even offering to remove all negative feedback, just to get their parts. 21 y/o me just thought he was down on his luck. 36 y/o me is pretty sure he is just a seedy character, who is intelligent enough to barely get by. I mean, he isn't dumb. His work on Nissan and Ford vehicles back in the day was unmatched by anyone else in the small business sector.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
So I managed to get Travis to answer by using a burner number. Was shocked he actually picked up but pretty much asked why he isn't shipping and he said "I'm not playing games" and hangs up...
Once again, this is deja vu. :(

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
With so many top tier vendors to choose from I just don't get why people keep getting scammed by guys like Travis. He has been notorious for a long time.
I just recently found out he was still in the game. I thought he had went to jail or went bankrupt 10 years ago. In the OP's defense, there isn't much out there on him for blatantly bad feedback. He has changed locations a couple times. He has also changed business names.

OP
OP

gt35016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Does anyone know someone in the Houston area that would be willing to help? I'm willing to compensate for efforts made!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I would hope you refund the buyer if he requests it.

OP
OP

gt35016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I will of course, I'm not a crook like some people and I feel awful for the buyer. He was excited to get the kit and now it's looking like that won't happen

Sponsored

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just recently found out he was still in the game. I thought he had went to jail or went bankrupt 10 years ago. In the OP's defense, there isn't much out there on him for blatantly bad feedback. He has changed locations a couple times. He has also changed business names.
The admins of this site didn’t do anyone any favors either. There were several threads deleted from disgruntled buyers that I personally commented on. [MENTION=17995]Phoenix[/MENTION] where is your support for this shop now? I seem to recall every time anyone had something negative to say you were right there to correct everyone.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The admins of this site didn’t do anyone any favors either. There were several threads deleted from disgruntled buyers that I personally commented on. @Phoenix where is your support for this shop now? I seem to recall every time anyone had something negative to say you were right there to correct everyone.
I used to be like that guy. Of course, I was 21 and way too trusting of people. I am more skeptical today.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's highly likely he sold the kit to someone else. Probably best to refund the buyer you had and then start the legal process of getting your money back.

It may not help, but perhaps contact the prosecuting attorney for high existing legal case and ask for advice. They might be interested in anything to make sure he goes away.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Don’t worry, he’s been working on mailing out 3 kits as of April 5

I had a LOL at his smear campaign comment...

4_E1_BC4_F7-_D6_F9-4487-8971-393_DC24_BD904.jpg

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Sad...stay far far away people!

Way too many options to build a 800+ hp car to throw money in the trash on crooks like this.
Sponsored