car ramp

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Doubtful. You need ramps specifically for sports cars.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I use a similar ramp for my other cars and have to use a 2x12, about 18 inches long, before the ramp. Those cars are low, but not as low as my R. Those ramps alone will not work. There are special ramps like this one for low hung cars. Do a search here. Seems like someone here found them on Amazon.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I think your splitter will be pushing that ramp ahead of it.

Sponsored

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Race Ramps; part #: RR-80-10-2 (8.5 degree). Work perfectly on the 350. No problems clearing the splitter. More than enough clearance (10"+) to get under the car and work comfortably.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Safety Precaution

This may sound ridiculous and a bit off topic, but whatever you do don't try to raise wheels with power to them (such as our rear wheels) with any sort of ramp that isn't permanently attached to something. I did this once before I knew better with my 1992 Mustang and the ramp (a heavy wooden stepped ramp) flew all the way across my driveway, across a two lane road and onto the porch of the house across the street. Luckily I didn't kill anyone.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Those would be too steep. I think you are limited to about 7 degrees for a ramp. It's noted in the owners supplement where it talks about flat bed loading the car. I made these up for mine and they are about 5-1/2 ft long.

IMG_4483_zpsxdevrpru.jpg

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
What materials and thickness did you use?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Race Ramps; part #: RR-80-10-2 (8.5 degree). Work perfectly on the 350. No problems clearing the splitter. More than enough clearance (10"+) to get under the car and work comfortably.
For some reason I cant spend 400 dollars on ramps. :lol:

RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '17 GT350 (H3851)
SVTin AR

I would be interested in the materials and construction information as well.

Thank you,
Bob

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For some reason I cant spend 400 dollars on ramps. :lol:
Oh yeah, that was holding me back from purchasing for a while. I did get a decent deal from Reverse Logic with a $40.08 discount (Fred, at Reverse Logic is great to do biz with). So, out the door with free shipping and zero tax, they were $367.20 and I had them at my door in 2-3 days. I've justified it since by using them for maintenance on several cars we have in the family. The build quality is also stellar on these things, so if I don't sell them they'll last forever. Having that incline pretty much also assures me in the future that I will be able to get any sports car up on them with no damage to a splitter. I'd say that the many/most on this forum use a jack, jack stands and pads and an investment in jacking rails.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Oh yeah, that was holding me back from purchasing for a while. I did get a decent deal from Reverse Logic with a $40.08 discount (Fred, at Reverse Logic is great to do biz with). So, out the door with free shipping and zero tax, they were $367.20 and I had them at my door in 2-3 days. I've justified it since by using them for maintenance on several cars we have in the family. The build quality is also stellar on these things, so if I don't sell them they'll last forever. Having that incline pretty much also assures me in the future that I will be able to get any sports car up on them with no damage to a splitter. I'd say that the many/most on this forum use a jack, jack stands and pads and an investment in jacking rails.
Yeah its also like 30 to 40% of the price of a quick jack?

Do you recommend them? I jack my car onto my old ramps for oil changes.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
They are built from 2x6 lumber with 3/4 inch plywood on top. Length is 64 inches with the little flat extension on the lower part. After building I found the clearance to the splitter was a little more marginal than I had expected from my measurements and I added the little 6 inch extension to bump the tires up on approach to give me good clearance. They are 12 inches wide so I have to be careful to spot them and align them with the car. I usually check the spread at the top with a tape before driving up on them, to make sure they aren't spread out or tapering in. They are not light but I just stand them up against the wall when not in use. The wheel stops slide into stops and I remove them for storage. If building again I might make them a couple inches wider and lengthen the slope a little more.

Not for everyone I know. I also have jacking rails, lots of floor jacks and a 4-post lift but I still like doing a lot of work off of ramps when I can. I found my 4-post lift short ramps combined with the slight breakover of the garage floor grade to my driveway was too much for the GT350, so I have used these ramps to get the car up on my lift.

IMG_4581_zpsyxbs4zqw.jpg

IMG_4582_zpsc7wfsja3.jpg

IMG_4583_zpsxfa3vduf.jpg
Sponsored