Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Just a heads up on the installation of this product. Yesterday I ordered the ROUSH CAI Part # 422086. I downloaded the installation instructions. The instructions show that you have to cut a pretty big section off the corner of the ENGINE COVER on the driver side to make the CAI fit. Does this make any sense? There is no way in hell I'm going to butcher the engine cover just to install the CAI.

Try trading in your car with the engine cover cut up after putting it back to stock. I'll wait for the other venders to make one that fits. I cancelled the order.
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
JLT for the win!

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^I would guess more but that's not the point. 2018 engine cover is larger and would require those selling CAIs to possibly redesign. Asking a client to remove the cover or hack it up is unacceptable.

Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
The inlet that goes to the throttle body looks the same as stock... soo not sure how your going to pick up very much HP by using a bigger box and conical filter... waste of money IMO

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)

Sponsored

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up on the installation of this product. Yesterday I ordered the ROUSH CAI Part # 422086. I downloaded the installation instructions. The instructions show that you have to cut a pretty big section off the corner of the ENGINE COVER on the driver side to make the CAI fit. Does this make any sense? There is no way in hell I'm going to butcher the engine cover just to install the CAI.

Try trading in your car with the engine cover cut up after putting it back to stock. I'll wait for the other venders to make one that fits. I cancelled the order.
Sig556,
Since Ford redesigned the 5.0L Engine cover, they left very little room for any intake aside from stock. While cutting the cover is not required for installation, some owners may choose to in order to keep the cover on the car.
2018%20Cold%20Air%20Intake-28-L.jpg

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Leave the cover off as is because come Trade in, it’ll at least look brand new.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I ordered it last week and got a notification today it shipped. I couldn't care less if the engine cover needs to stay on or not, tbh it doesn't look that great and why do I need a 5.0 badge under the hood to know I have a V8 while you can just hear it from 2 blocks away. :D