Sponsored

Raj Nair Out @ FORD

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
You gotta give Ford & Hackett credit for sticking to their word. Back in Dec he stated in an email to staff "Our promise is there will be no retaliation against anyone who speaks up, and no one is above the rules, no matter where they are in the hierarchy. This is absolute. We have zero tolerance for any behavior like this, and we will stamp it out together.”

Clearly he meant it.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll take half is paycheck and incentive plan to do this job. FordMoCo, PM me. I would like relocation and direct involvement with Ford Performance, though... :)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
For all we know he could have got heated and called Hackett a dumb ass or something in front of investors.

Let's not speculate on this until we find out what happened. Dude could get screwed over by the internet assuming it was something sexually assault related.
Exactly what I was thinking. The article talks vaguely about "Inappropriate behavior" and then they reference a rash of sexual allegations recently and assume the two are tied together. It could have been anything, inappropriate use of company resources, looking at the wrong things on company computers, possible insider trading, accepting or giving gifts as a part of lobbying. The list of things that could get me fired from my company is pretty large when I think about it. Let's not jump to conclusions about this guy. It is too bad as the number of car people at Ford in leadership positions seems to be going down over time. I guess they are really committed to this driving a toaster, connected city stuff.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Exactly what I was thinking. The article talks vaguely about "Inappropriate behavior" and then they reference a rash of sexual allegations recently and assume the two are tied together. It could have been anything, inappropriate use of company resources, looking at the wrong things on company computers, possible insider trading, accepting or giving gifts as a part of lobbying. The list of things that could get me fired from my company is pretty large when I think about it. Let's not jump to conclusions about this guy. It is too bad as the number of car people at Ford in leadership positions seems to be going down over time. I guess they are really committed to this driving a toaster, connected city stuff.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Let's not make rash assumption about what he did. We may never know the facts but I do know Ford will be a poorer company without him.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What's Dave Pericak up to these days? They should give him the job.

Edit: Looks like they already picked somebody else. :(

I was really, REALLY hoping Mr Pericak would get the job :(

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
BYE_FELICIA.jpg

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Precisely why I cannot be bothered to watch "the news".

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
What's Dave Pericak up to these days? They should give him the job.

Edit: Looks like they already picked somebody else. :(
Dang! I thought the same thing.

Dave Pericak = Chief Engineer for S550 project. obviously did a great job!!

"Dave Pericak, current boss of Ford Performance, is leaving his position for Ford's manufacturing division, where he'll lead the engineering of the automaker's unibody cars."

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I work in the industry as well. They don't fire even director level people on anonymous tips. Hell, we had a low level manager harassing an employee, confirmed by others, and it still took a couple years to push the person out the door. We pay legal teams a large sum of money to create policies to watch the company's back. Firing an executive without solid evidence is a fast way to find yourself in court for wrongful termination. If anything, I would say it is too hard to get rid of executives.
It is quite unusual to fire an executive, even with strong evidence. More typically, they downplay the issue and the exec will simply resign to pursue other interests.

Was he caught molesting Bill Ford's grandson, in the back seat of a Challenger? Its got to be something major and something very personal, like that.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Ford announced that Kumar Galhotra will succeed Nair. Galhotra, 52, is a 29-year veteran of the company, most recently leading the Lincoln brand and serving as Ford's chief marketing officer."

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I was really, REALLY hoping Mr Pericak would get the job :(
I do not see him as a "North American Market" president, he is an engineer, and as an engineer myself it requires a very different set of skills. Leading a design is one thing, but being a president is a people job. I see Pericak as a problem solver, needing to get his hands in the problems. Not a company direction guy. But I do not know him personally.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s also not mentioned if he received any “golden parachute” from Ford... sure he may have been let go, but some Exec’s at his level in Fortune 500 Co’s do sometimes get dismissed with a package.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I do not see him as a "North American Market" president, he is an engineer, and as an engineer myself it requires a very different set of skills. Leading a design is one thing, but being a president is a people job. I see Pericak as a problem solver, needing to get his hands in the problems. Not a company direction guy. But I do not know him personally.
That's very true. But he had superb success leading the S550 programme, followed by huge success at Ford Performance, resulting in winning Le Mans.

More to the point, he a Mustang guy, and a hugely passionate one at that. But obviously that's not all that's required to head up that position.

:(
Sponsored