5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
[MENTION=32262]S550MG[/MENTION] that would be awesome if you did this!
Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
I pulled the trigger and ordered the 18' manifold and pigtails from my local ford dealer. I'll be happy to do a write up of the install process and might even make a video of the install and comparison of the two manifold's and the associated IMRC and evap differences.

I also have a base line dyno run before tune and manifold and plan to dyno afterwards. I'll post of those results as well. The gains should look a little more dramatic though because my car was pulling a little timing during the first run due to false knock from my exhaust. I think that probably cost me about 8-10 hp so we'll see.
That would be amazing! I, like many others modders it seems, appear to have an irrational fear of cutting wires on a $35,000 ECU computer controlled engine without being absolutely certain they are doing the right thing. Want to flame me for that, go right ahead. Thanks again.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
I pulled the trigger and ordered the 18' manifold and pigtails from my local ford dealer. I'll be happy to do a write up of the install process and might even make a video of the install and comparison of the two manifold's and the associated IMRC and evap differences.

I also have a base line dyno run before tune and manifold and plan to dyno afterwards. I'll post of those results as well. The gains should look a little more dramatic though because my car was pulling a little timing during the first run due to false knock from my exhaust. I think that probably cost me about 8-10 hp so we'll see.
Much appreciated!

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
That would be amazing! I, like many others modders it seems, appear to have an irrational fear of cutting wires on a $35,000 ECU computer controlled engine without being absolutely certain they are doing the right thing. Want to flame me for that, go right ahead. Thanks again.
just cut some wires...itll be fiiiiiiiine :doh:

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
you guys need to quit being pussies and wire the damn thing its 3 wires.. most people dont even know how to wire it let alone make a plug and play harness. where do all you girls live at so i can buy you all one and come install it for you since your so scared to pop your hood. there is so much info on these in this thread and on facebook groups everyone should know to to install one by now .
New York City baby. Come install mine. I’ll buy you lunch and beer.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Where is everyone ordering the intake from?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine from a local dealer. I just found out it’s backordered though so I guess I’m looking at a couple weeks.
that's what I'm afraid of. I have the f150 intake sitting in the garage boxed up. decisions decision, the wifey is tired of me spending $ on this car.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Well I'm clearly retarded then because all I can find is vague answers on how the hoses are routed and what needs to be done with the wiring. Some guys have said they had to splice and then some others say it is plug and play :headbonk:
I ripped out my IMRCs and replaced them with a supercharger. :lol:

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That can cost a lot.
my 1st divorce sure did. :doh: I had to trade in my 2004 GT because she let her now husband drive it while I was deployed to the Middle East for a year. I couldn't look at the car anymore. It had VT Stage II cams, TFS Intake Manifold, 75MM TB, JLT cold air, BBK LT's, offy x pipe, Spintech mufflers, 1.5 lowered, 4.10 gears, custom tune, 315/35 Nittos in rear. Before I deployed had 8 inch silver racing stripes painted on(black car).

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
my 1st divorce sure did. :doh: I had to trade in my 2004 GT because she let her now husband drive it while I was deployed to the Middle East for a year. I couldn't look at the car anymore. It had VT Stage II cams, TFS Intake Manifold, 75MM TB, JLT cold air, BBK LT's, offy x pipe, Spintech mufflers, 1.5 lowered, 4.10 gears, custom tune, 315/35 Nittos in rear. Before I deployed had 8 inch silver racing stripes painted on(black car).
That ****!!!!

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
that's what I'm afraid of. I have the f150 intake sitting in the garage boxed up. decisions decision, the wifey is tired of me spending $ on this car.
I kind of figured it would happen so I'm not too worried about it. It'll give me time to get the rest of my mods together.

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Got my manifold this afternoon. Broken.
Sponsored