Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Just curious Matt, Why the drive? Was that the closest one that wasn't spoken for, or best price, or both?

I understand, I drove from Ohio to Baltimore to get my '16 with the options that i wanted. Just curious. Thx, really cool car. The new tweaks every year make me envious (although I do have hood blinkers :) )
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks Matt for your enthusiasm..!

Keep the videos up, the whole crew is loving them and started following your channel. Can't wait until you have your break-in done, so you can open her up and feel all the ponies under the hood. Can't imagine your smile getting bigger, but it will...!

I am still thinking about getting a black bullitt… when you come to Detroit perhaps a legit ride will convince me...!
You got it! We'll see if I finally make it up to Detroit when it's warm. Every time I go it's January and freezing for the auto show lol. Unfortunately I won't be able to make Woodward this year.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just curious Matt, Why the drive? Was that the closest one that wasn't spoken for, or best price, or both?

I understand, I drove from Ohio to Baltimore to get my '16 with the options that i wanted. Just curious. Thx, really cool car. The new tweaks every year make me envious (although I do have hood blinkers :) )
I do miss the hood vent turn signals a little, but that's really the only thing I miss haha. I made the drive because I knew allocation would be important to getting to getting one quickly with the Bullitts and Lebanon Ford is one of the highest volume Mustang sellers in the country. Also, they're only 3 hours from the factory, meaning their cars go straight onto a truck instead of having to go by rail, which often takes several weeks longer. Here in the summer, every week counts to me.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Little Lord fauntleroy albino hemophiliac.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Only new Mustang that I really would want...great color and subtle coolness.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Congrats on picking up your Bullitt; you looked like a kid in a candy store (we call them lolly shops here!).

I have one on order over here in Australia - looking at a 2019 delivery.

Do you mind if I ask 2 questions?

1) Can you post a photo or 2 of the standard seats please? I went with standard seats rather than the Recaros and I haven't seen any good shots of the standard seats.

2) What is the manual transmission like? I have had autos for the past 15 years or so and any feedback from an owner would be great.

Thanks & Cheers,

Jim

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats on picking up your Bullitt; you looked like a kid in a candy store (we call them lolly shops here!).

I have one on order over here in Australia - looking at a 2019 delivery.

Do you mind if I ask 2 questions?

1) Can you post a photo or 2 of the standard seats please? I went with standard seats rather than the Recaros and I haven't seen any good shots of the standard seats.

2) What is the manual transmission like? I have had autos for the past 15 years or so and any feedback from an owner would be great.

Thanks & Cheers,

Jim
Hey Jim, thanks! I can take a couple but I'll be showing them close up in a new video I'll be making probably next week too. The manual shifter feels a little heavier than my 2016, but overall feels great. I love the cueball shift knob too. The clutch was tricky at first but now after about 425 miles so far I'm finding that it's actually much easier to be smoother with the clutch engagement than it was in any of my past Mustangs. It's fairly light as far as clutches go and more predictable than my 16.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m looking forward to getting a manual again! Like you I’ll be keeping this one and I won’t be modding anything.

I can wait for the video - I have a bit of a wait for the car! Lol!

Cheers

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey Jim, thanks! I can take a couple but I'll be showing them close up in a new video I'll be making probably next week too. The manual shifter feels a little heavier than my 2016, but overall feels great. I love the cueball shift knob too. The clutch was tricky at first but now after about 425 miles so far I'm finding that it's actually much easier to be smoother with the clutch engagement than it was in any of my past Mustangs. It's fairly light as far as clutches go and more predictable than my 16.
The reason why the clutch engagement feels so smooth is due to active rev-match: the computer knows exactly what RPM the engine should be when you down-shift OR up-shift.

Matt, how is the power delivery on the Bullitt? I know it has quite a bit more power than your '16 GT, but does it feel more torquey down low?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
As some of you note, I have a '15 that is getting a new bottom end, FI, etc. But, I am still close to replacing it with a new Bullitt! I am really interested in how you all like your Bullitts. The rev match is something I am not familiar with. Along with White_GT_SC, I also would like to hear about the add'l power the Bullitt has over the stock PP manual '18.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Congrats, great to see someone someone get their dream car.

That front grill and chrome trim are really just perfect. The chrome wouldn't work with many other combinations but here it's just amazing.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Just picked it up yesterday from Lebanon Ford! This is chassis number K0095 but is actually VIN 12! One of the first 5 Bullitts delivered I think. I elaborate a lot more in the video but here's the cliff notes and a few other things I didn't mention in the video:
Absolutely love the rev match.
Exhaust sounds amazing, with more crackles and pops than even the 2018 GT with Active Exhaust that I previously drove.
Pre-production cars had a unique Dark Highland Green MyColor for the gauges, but it's not present as an option in my gauge cluster so must have been removed last minute for production versions.
Taller gearing with the 18+ manuals takes a little getting used to and makes it feel a little less torquey than my 2016 with 3.55s.
Sadly the truck driver put a few scratches in my passenger door at some point. Dealership wrote me an I-O-U and hopefully my body shop can fix it without doing any repainting.

If you have any questions about the car after watching the video, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer as quickly as I can (hard to be on the computer much when all I want to do is drive it haha).
[ame]
forum 1.jpg
forum 2.jpg
forum 3.jpg
forum 4.jpg
forum 5.jpg
forum 6.jpg
forum 7.jpg
Congrats on your beautiful Bullitt! Always nice to see when hard work and perseverance pays off. I wish you all the happiness and enjoyment in the world with this Mustang. I do enjoy your reviews btw as well!

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Matt, are you planning on putting it on the dyno? I'm curious to see the curve vs a standard GT.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The reason why the clutch engagement feels so smooth is due to active rev-match: the computer knows exactly what RPM the engine should be when you down-shift OR up-shift.

Matt, how is the power delivery on the Bullitt? I know it has quite a bit more power than your '16 GT, but does it feel more torquey down low?
Since I'm doing the gentle break-in method I haven't taken it over 4,500 rpm yet. It definitely feels like the power band is set up for more top end. It's punchy down low but honestly feels like a similar amount of power to my 2016 below 4,000 rpms. I'm guessing it's the GT350 parts that are making it feel a little more like the GT350 combined with the taller 2018+ gearing.

Congrats on your beautiful Bullitt! Always nice to see when hard work and perseverance pays off. I wish you all the happiness and enjoyment in the world with this Mustang. I do enjoy your reviews btw as well!
Thanks!

Matt, are you planning on putting it on the dyno? I'm curious to see the curve vs a standard GT.
I would like to put it on a dyno once it's broken in if I can find a good shop somewhat local to me with a dyno.

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
Congrats Matt! I watched the video right after you posted it, and I was almost as happy for you, as you were getting it!

Bummer about the scratch, but life happens. My 16 GT had a chip down to primer in the same place before I bought it, and I just left it. And I did the first real scratch to my car, and the second, third,....sixth! At least 1-4 were repaired after the accident that "totaled" it since I had the bumpers replaced and repaired. Ugh! Battle scars.

Best of luck with your new pony. Can't wait to see all episodes of Matt's Bullitt Adventures!
Sponsored