MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't like all the vents that are fake on a base, $50k car. I love the front end design on the Corvette, but hate the Alice Cooper tail lights. The interior design on the Corvette is somewhat ugly in my opinion. I don't like the way GM does rims and tires.
There are some horrific design choices on the C7 - overall it's clearly an improvement on the C6, but personally, I'd rather have a C6Z07 :)

(I've owned 4 [modern-ish] Vettes)
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
If you goofed when you said the A10 was with the PP2 then just say you goofed and move on. But don't try to cover it up with made up stories man. You goofed. Plain and simple.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
They said they were putting the auto in the PP2? Were was that stated?
Rumors, but there is always hope!

The point being, Mustangs offers magneride & A10, so if you need the Corvette's extreme road hugging & ease. The Mustang isn't left out of the picture, it is right there. (The PP2 is essentially an addable package to any GT.)

Not-to-mention, Upgrades are obvious, since you have spare $$ to burn when comparing these two models, if grip is your concern.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If you goofed when you said the A10 was with the PP2 then just say you goofed and move on. But don't try to cover it up with made up stories man. You goofed. Plain and simple.
I didn't goof.
There is a PP2 with an A10 floating around (and supposedly it makes for "effortless fun" by someone who drove it). Which.. given the situation shouldn't be surprising since the PP2 is a "package" and anybody can mix and match parts, even the factory.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I didn't goof.
There is a PP2 with an A10 floating around (and supposedly it makes for "effortless fun" by someone who drove it). Which.. given the situation shouldn't be surprising since the PP2 is a "package" and anybody can mix and match parts, even the factory.

:thumbsup:
Link?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry guys, but if I was in the market for one of two cars, no way would it come down to a choice of Mustang vs Corvette. How you came to those two as a final choice is beyond me. If I was considering a Stang and had other vehicles in consideration, a Vette would not be among them. And likewise, if I was considering a Vette and had other choices, a Mustang would not be one of them. With that said, there is no way I would pick a Mustang over a Corvette. Night and day difference in performance, characteristics, look, feel, and even the attention/admiration of others. Plus Vettes look soo sick! I say get what you want and enjoy it. But I would be all over that Vette.
We all know you hate Mustangs and mostly come here to critique them. Understood. But some other people don't think the same way as you. I love variety and I am always interested in finding the next fun vehicle.

This is my list of 2 door performance vehicles that I'm most inclined to buy (no particular order):
Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
M2/M4
Corvette
Porsche Cayman/911

I have researched them all and driven all of them except the Corvette. Dealers around here think their 'vettes are too cool to let people drive them easily. The BMW and Porsche dealers are easier to work with in my opinion. I'm happy with my choice and what I have right now. I'm not planning to sell unless I find something I think is better.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We all know you hate Mustangs and mostly come here to critique them. Understood. But some other people don't think the same way as you. I love variety and I am always interested in finding the next fun vehicle.

This is my list of 2 door performance vehicles that I'm most inclined to buy (no particular order):
Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
M2/M4
Corvette
Porsche Cayman/911

I have researched them all and driven all of them except the Corvette. Dealers around here think their 'vettes are too cool to let people drive them easily. The BMW and Porsche dealers are easier to work with in my opinion. I'm happy with my choice and what I have right now. I'm not planning to sell unless I find something I think is better.
I don't care what you think. And I wasn't talking about what other people think. Nor do I care what other people think. OP asked for opinions on two cars and I gave mine on those two cars. So why are you concerned with my opinion? Instead of criticizing and jumping down my throat maybe you should have asked WHY I would choose a Vette over a Mustang. And maybe if you did then you would have seen that I have valid reasons for giving MY opinion. And to be clear, I'm not interested in engaging with you and your hatred for GM. I tried to have a realistic discussion with you in the past and when it became more than obvious that it would be impossible to do that I decided to ignore you. You're not going to agree with me and I am not going to agree with you so just give your opinion on which one you'd prefer, leave me out of it, and go about your day.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't care what you think. And I wasn't talking about what other people think. Nor do I care what other people think. OP asked for opinions on two cars and I gave mine on those two cars. So why are you concerned with my opinion? Instead of criticizing and jumping down my throat maybe you should have asked WHY I would choose a Vette over a Mustang. And maybe if you did then you would have seen that I have valid reasons for giving MY opinion. And to be clear, I'm not interested in engaging with you and your hatred for GM. I tried to have a realistic discussion with you in the past and when it became more than obvious that it would be impossible to do that I decided to ignore you. You're not going to agree with me and I am not going to agree with you so just give your opinion on which one you'd prefer, leave me out of it, and go about your day.
Not sure why you come to a versus forum if you don't want to debate. And I'm not sure why you react with so much anger. I don't think I said anything excessively negative about you. Just that you don't like Mustangs. It's obvious to anyone that reads your posts.

You said you don't understand why someone would consider a Mustang and a Corvette. To me it would be surprising if there are any Mustang and Camaro owners that haven't ever considered a Corvette. It's the next level up in cost and performance and another iconic American car.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a full optioned GT vert actually 1500CAD more expensive than a base Corvette, if you add an auto to the Vette I’m thinking the price is a wash. So would you rather have the most expensive Mustang GT or a base Corvette? I vote Corvette as the Mustang is too expensive for what it is like 3000 more than last year. As an aside they dropped the EcoBoost by a grand but gave you the el’ cheapo 17” wheels in return so you don’t save anything in the end. What say you?
What did you decide on?

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The Vette is too "Chevy", the Stang is more "Fordy".

The Stang obviously! :ford:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I mean it ultimately depends what you want. For ME, the vette is a little too flashy- I really don't care for the style. I also need a backseat (not often, but when I need it I need it).

The vette is going to be a better performing car though.

So what are your priorities?
Better performer after 20000 miles we shall see. Chevy chose direct injection. Ford chose direct injection + port. Let’s see how the carbon build up does over the years and miles.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Better performer after 20000 miles we shall see. Chevy chose direct injection. Ford chose direct injection + port. Let’s see how the carbon build up does over the years and miles.
Considering that they've been out since 2014 and lots of them have 20K or more miles with no reported problems that I know of I'd say this isn't much of a concern...
Sponsored