Sponsored

M600 vs GT7 vs P51 paint question

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey everybody, wondering if I can get your thoughts if you’ve purchased either of these three wheel types in black. Been wanting these wheels for a while now and am torn between the satin black and gloss black. Found out the MRR M600 and SVE GT7 wheels are sprayed (not powder coated), no clue about the P51, guessing it’s sprayed as well. Just curious for anyone whose purchased any of these what their thoughts are and how the finish looks and has held up.
Thanks hopefully.
Sponsored

Daidalos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MUSTANG GT 2016
Have had the M600 for about a year now in gloss black. Unfortunately, they got chipped pretty bad in the first few months of ownership and they are now my winter set.
The stock pp black rims had gone a whole year without any chips...

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have had the M600 for about a year now in gloss black. Unfortunately, they got chipped pretty bad in the first few months of ownership and they are now my winter set.
The stock pp black rims had gone a whole year without any chips...
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. That's one thing I have to give the Ford wheels, the paint is pretty darn tough.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have the M600's and saw they chip pretty easy as well. I noticed it when I was putting my lug wrench onto the lugs when taking my wheels off the car a couple times. Not long after that, I got the car coated with Ceramic Pro 9H and got the wheels done as well with their wheel coating. Don't know how much it helped or not, but I don't have chips on the wheels anywhere else but in the lug area. Then again, this thing is just a fair weather toy. It doesn't see snow, salt, slush or rain.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the M600's and saw they chip pretty easy as well. I noticed it when I was putting my lug wrench onto the lugs when taking my wheels off the car a couple times. Not long after that, I got the car coated with Ceramic Pro 9H and got the wheels done as well with their wheel coating. Don't know how much it helped or not, but I don't have chips on the wheels anywhere else but in the lug area. Then again, this thing is just a fair weather toy. It doesn't see snow, salt, slush or rain.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I just have never had black wheels before and I want them to look good and have the finish hold up as good as the OEM paint has.

Anyone have the P51 (or the M600, GT7) wheels, can you comment on the paint?
Thanks

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. That's one thing I have to give the Ford wheels, the paint is pretty darn tough.
which is annoying that the ford paint on the car itself is paper thin