Sponsored

Longest day of my life.

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Thursday I took a 2018 Ecoboost A10 out for a spin. Looking to trade in my truck to get something more economical ( 2015 F-150 3.5 ecoboost) I don't need a truck and I will be damned if I own something FWD.

Over the past few days people have been asking me. "What are you driving in winter?" with eyes like :eyebulge:.

I don't understand the thinking that a Mustang can't handle winter. I survived driving a 1992 F-150 reg cab long box 5.0 RWD open diff on all seasons as a first vehicle. No nannies just a regular 4 speed auto bench pickup.

I drove a 1988 Fox 5.0 with H/C/I and headers on Cooper Radial GT's one winter. (It was fine)

I also drove a 2001 GT on all seasons for 2 winters. (again, weight in the back and no issues.)

Anyway this is my rant as I wait to get off work to pick up my car. only 3 hours in and feels like its been 7. :mad:
Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Mustang will do absolutely fine in the winter with four snow tires. Last winter I did a video up here with my local dealer with a 2017 Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger. It had four snow tires on it and was really impressive. 727 (crank) hp and snow... Not what most would think was an ideal combo but it was fine.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My EB has gotten me through two Canadian winters. Blizzaks on all 4 corners, go easy on the gas, and don't be stupid. Easy, eh?

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Agreed with Armen. I have 2 sets of wheels and I have no issues with winter. I'm always surprised with how much traction I have.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I have found that it's usually not the car that can't negotiate the winter, it's the driver. You shouldn't have any problems Jordan. It sounds like you have what it takes.

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn't it work ? Any car can be driven sinsibly.

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Well day just got longer,

I went looking at 2017 GT and they agreed to a trade value of 28k for my truck.
I assumed that was the same for the 2018 Ecoboost, however they offered 25K.

I won't take 25K... I told them that.

I will be heading down there after work

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I have been driving Mustangs daily in CO winters for eleven years.

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Drove mine all winter with no issues. As stated above, it's not the car... it's the driver that dictates if a car can be driven in the winter. Just use caution and keep off the pedal in the snow and you'll be fine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Drove mine without issue in the MN winter with snow tires. Did just fine, not nearly as well as the Focus ST I had but not bad at all.

Sponsored

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don't understand the thinking that a Mustang can't handle winter. I survived driving a 1992 F-150 reg cab long box 5.0 RWD open diff on all seasons as a first vehicle. No nannies just a regular 4 speed auto bench pickup.
I had your exact same thinking until earlier this year I was driving on the highway in a snowstorm one night. The car was sliding everywhere. I actually prayed while driving 45mph that I could keep control. The next morning I logged on here and saw someone had ran off the road the night before in their S550 Mustang on the same highway the same night I was driving on.

Do I think winter driving can be done in a S550 Mustang? Yes.
Do I think it's safe? No.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I had your exact same thinking until earlier this year I was driving on the highway in a snowstorm one night. The car was sliding everywhere. I actually prayed while driving 45mph that I could keep control. The next morning I logged on here and saw someone had ran off the road the night before in their S550 Mustang on the same highway the same night I was driving on.

Do I think winter driving can be done in a S550 Mustang? Yes.
Do I think it's safe? No.
What kind of tires and what was their condition?

AWD is nice but I think it's been marked heavily as a necessity by Subaru, VAG, Saab, etc.

I'm in Florida so it's not much of a worry but we can get ice slick conditions after dry spells and a light rain.

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
So long story short, Dealer suddenly changed the value of my trade and lost a deal over 3K.

I went to another dealer, put money down on another magnetic ecoboost.

This one has the Performance pack though, I go finalize everything on monday.

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Isn't it mandatory for Canadians to have winter tires during the winter months? Or is that just for certain Provinces?