Sponsored

GT350 wheel stud replacement w/ARP wheel studs

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Have couple questions VoodooStang... fixing to swap the rear brakes on my 17 Base GT to the gt350r brakes.

What tool is this in the first picture?

The four (4) pack of bolts (part# W714333S439) can you clarify where they go and what they are used for. Tring to understand all the parts and what I will need for the swap.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Bump does ARP have rear studs closer to the stock length 2 1/4" My rear ones keep snapping?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Woah! I’m dying to know how you’re snapping wheel studs off (apparently repeatedly) with the torque these things will already take.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Woah! I’m dying to know how you’re snapping wheel studs off (apparently repeatedly) with the torque these things will already take.
I have no idea I swap wheels pretty often, maybe it is my impact gun? I suspect it is a combination of that and the hub centric rings not seating perfectly. Or maybe my lugs I dunno.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Bump does ARP have rear studs closer to the stock length 2 1/4" My rear ones keep snapping?
You're snapping stock studs? Or ARP studs? How're you using the impact? Only to remove? Or tightening as well?

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Why change the studs to these arp ones? I noticed they’re longer, but do they provide any benefits over stock studs? Also what is the reasoning behind the rounded/domed threadless tip?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You're snapping stock studs? Or ARP studs? How're you using the impact? Only to remove? Or tightening as well?
Both though I have stopped now.

Why change the studs to these arp ones? I noticed they’re longer, but do they provide any benefits over stock studs? Also what is the reasoning behind the rounded/domed threadless tip?
They are harder metal I actually have some but I dont want massively long studs.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Both though I have stopped now.
When you were using the impact gun to put the lug nut on were you putting it down tight :shock: with the gun on just snugging it and then using a torque wrench to put them at 135lb??
Sponsored