Sponsored

Washing/Waxing/Detailing

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Pressure washers are fine and gernis are good because they have a million attachments.

Just make sure you don't use a turbo jet end or such and you keep it 10cm from the paint and you don't go anywhere near damaging a modern cars clear coat.
Sponsored

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here used the Adam's branded detail spray?
I think [MENTION=14891]IngoStang[/MENTION] can help you out here - he's a big Adam's fan.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Anyone had luck using a Gerni foam cannon with Snow Job? Tried it today and got nowhere near the suds I expected based on pics here. Not entirely surprised, but thought it was worth a go as I don't really want to pay $100 for a Bowden's special plastic bottle.

Meguiars is pushing their Gold wash as being good for foaming but haven't tried it yet, anyone here had a go?

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue

https://adamspolishes.com.au/collections/exterior/products/adam-s-detail-spray-16-oz-2-pack

If so, would you recommend it over the Meguairs stuff (which i generally use)
Ive been using a majority of Adam's products for years. They're the kind of products that just work. In my opinion their Car Shampoo is one of the best out there and can be used in a Foam cannon or bucket with both performing very well ( lots of clingy foam from the cannon if you like that )

Their Detail Spray is a solid final wipe product and will give the car a good amount of extra shine but it has no protecting qualities like Ceramic additives, just a slight Carnauba boost, but as mentioned earlier its a very good clay lube as well. Joseph the Aussie distributor [MENTION=22620]Joseph@AdamsAU[/MENTION] is a member on here and he is all too happy to answer any questions you have. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Anyone had luck using a Gerni foam cannon with Snow Job? Tried it today and got nowhere near the suds I expected based on pics here. Not entirely surprised, but thought it was worth a go as I don't really want to pay $100 for a Bowden's special plastic bottle.

Meguiars is pushing their Gold wash as being good for foaming but haven't tried it yet, anyone here had a go?
In the end i relented and got the Bowden bottle which works perfectly

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy

https://adamspolishes.com.au/collections/exterior/products/adam-s-detail-spray-16-oz-2-pack

If so, would you recommend it over the Meguairs stuff (which i generally use)
[MENTION=20109]peterdee[/MENTION] what do you like and dislike about what you're currently using? What are you looking for when making a switch?

Our Detail Spray is our cornerstone product. It is our go-to quick shine detailer and leaves paint with a "just-waxed" gloss, as there are wax-boosters in Detail Spray. It also serves as our clay lubricant, providing great lubricity and slickness to minimise micro marring from the claying process. Lastly, it can be used to assist in the drying process. Once you've done a 2 bucket wash and rinsed the soap off the car, you can sheet rinse the standing water and then spritz the vehicle (glass, trim, paint the lot) with Detail Spray and proceed to dry with a plushy drying towel like Adam's Great White or Adam's Ultra Plush Towel.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions let me know. I can also be contacted via the website 'Message Us' button as that is checked hourly at www.adamspolishes.com.au

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Don't have access/Storage/power point etc for pressure washer ATM.
Anyone used a foaming agent/bottle that attaches directly to garden hose?

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy
@radar using a Foam gun which attaches to a regular hose produces great amount of suds for mains pressure. It will also add in assisting to reduce swirl marks and loosen dirt before the main wash.

You can consider our standard foam gun and car shampoo combo here

There's also a video of it in action [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Fqlgz3yVTak[/MEDIA]"]here[/ame]

If you have any questions let me know. I'm available through the 'Message Us' tab on our website as well as that is check hourly.

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
No, you need to get a proper lance. I use the Mint Lance fro Car Care Products with Bowdens Snow Foam and it's brilliant. Invest in a foam lance, It'll last a long long time and the cost will become insignificant over time.

I use snow foam for every wash. If you've got heaving soiling with insects etc. you'll need to use a mitt on spots, but for the most part I find it does an excellent job.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
This is what I used with some help from my daughter, did a brilliant job and yes it's Bowden's Snow Job !:headbang:
thumbnail[1].jpg
thumbnail[2].jpg

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
[MENTION=20109]peterdee[/MENTION] what do you like and dislike about what you're currently using? What are you looking for when making a switch?

Our Detail Spray is our cornerstone product. It is our go-to quick shine detailer and leaves paint with a "just-waxed" gloss, as there are wax-boosters in Detail Spray. It also serves as our clay lubricant, providing great lubricity and slickness to minimise micro marring from the claying process. Lastly, it can be used to assist in the drying process. Once you've done a 2 bucket wash and rinsed the soap off the car, you can sheet rinse the standing water and then spritz the vehicle (glass, trim, paint the lot) with Detail Spray and proceed to dry with a plushy drying towel like Adam's Great White or Adam's Ultra Plush Towel.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions let me know. I can also be contacted via the website 'Message Us' button as that is checked hourly at www.adamspolishes.com.au
Thanks for the info.

My car has been treated with Opticoat, and the last time i took it for an inspection, the guy recommended after washing to do what you described ie spritz the paintwork and then dry off with the drying towel (i use your Great White product). I have been using the Meguairs Quick detailer product, but i like the sound of (and price) of your quick detailer refill.

Are these products similar? i understand you will probably say that your's is better :)

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
@radar using a Foam gun which attaches to a regular hose produces great amount of suds for mains pressure. It will also add in assisting to reduce swirl marks and loosen dirt before the main wash.

You can consider our standard foam gun and car shampoo combo here

There's also a video of it in action here

If you have any questions let me know. I'm available through the 'Message Us' tab on our website as well as that is check hourly.
Thankyou for your reply.
I checked your website and was staggered to see a few bits of plastic and a bottle cost $120 AUD or something.
That can't possibly be correct.
It would cost no more than a few dollars for that to be knocked up in China.

All I'm looking for is a bottle and hose attachment that foams my car.
Shouldn't cost more than twenty dollars.
I realise I gotta buy foam concentrate.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
All I'm looking for is a bottle and hose attachment that foams my car.
Shouldn't cost more than twenty dollars.
I realise I gotta buy foam concentrate.
https://www.autobarn.com.au/ez-jet-wash-gun I have that one and its great because I use the fine cone spray to pre-foam the car, but then switch it up for a rinse and such. I just use Bowdens Own nanolicious, same as I use in the bucket for the foam, its small container holds way more then needed.

https://www.autobarn.com.au/cc06505 If you want one more like whats above.
Sponsored