Sponsored

Borla ATAK paired with TSP long tubes

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
So I recently purchased a set of long tubes from Texas Speed and Performance. They sent me the invoice, in my excitement I didn't read it all the way through, drove from Ft. Hood to Georgetown. When I got there that's when they told me that the connection pipes were on backorder. I currently have the Borla ATAK catback on the car. My question is can I use the connection pipes provided from the catback to connect to the TSP longtubes.
Sponsored

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If the catback connects to the factory connection/headers then absolutely they’ll work. BTW I am 2 weeks into waiting on my backordered TSP headers at the moment as well.. lol, can’t wait to get them in though.

OP
OP
MehWhatevs

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
Last edited:

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It connects. I had a normal borla atak on my car with the x pipe. I then changed the x pipe out for the borla resonator. I then added the TSP headers. This is the result:

[ame]

Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I have TSP headers with my Borla S-type. I had to cut the X pipe a little to make it all fit but other than that it all fits and sounds amazing!!

OP
OP
MehWhatevs

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
So I went back to pick them up today. Didn't get the connection pipes, but all should be well. I'm excited about having them but now I'm debating whether to have them installed or attempt to tackle this in the driveway. I have two days and zero experience if i go that route.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I have TSP headers with my Borla S-type. I had to cut the X pipe a little to make it all fit but other than that it all fits and sounds amazing!!
I'm wanting to install the same setup. I presently have the Borla S-Type catback now with the x-pipe on the stock exhaust manifolds. I've been told that I should not have to do any cutting with the direct connect kit on the headers. Can you elaborate on why you needed to make cuts? Did you go catted on the headers?

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I went back to pick them up today. Didn't get the connection pipes, but all should be well. I'm excited about having them but now I'm debating whether to have them installed or attempt to tackle this in the driveway. I have two days and zero experience if i go that route.
You’re going to have to have custom connection pipes made to install them.. they’re not going to connect to the catback without them.

OP
OP
MehWhatevs

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
You’re going to have to have custom connection pipes made to install them.. they’re not going to connect to the catback without them.
Wait, so the connection pipes that I have from the Borla catback won't work?

Sponsored

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wait, so the connection pipes that I have from the Borla catback won't work?
Didn’t see the picture above of the borla connection pipes. They may or may not work as they are made for the Borla headers.

OP
OP
MehWhatevs

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
Didn't want to revive a dead thread but I figured the update is worth the info. So, the connection pipes didn't fit. The guy who installed them for me had to fab up a little adapter to mate the x-pipe with the headers. I will say this though YouTube videos do no justice to the sound this combo makes, like at all. It's loud, ludicrously loud. Anybody else running this combo?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155356088@N02/29389787618/in/datetaken/
Sponsored