new product:Ford Mustang EcoBoost FMIC ΔCore™ Front Mount Intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I noticed a performance increase with the Cp-e and Ford Performance tune regardless of air temp. Especially in the higher RPM .
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Are you kidding me? My car became a monster with the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler and a tune from Tune+! Especially in the higher RPMs. It keeps pulling throughout the RPM range, with only slight increases in charge air temps. This FMIC is good for up to 550hp. You need nothing else. And the quality is great.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I noticed a performance increase with the Cp-e and Ford Performance tune regardless of air temp. Especially in the higher RPM .
Had an aftermarket intercooler from my 15. Installing it on my 17 was the first mod I made. With no other changes I realized a very noteable increase in power from 5500 rpm to redline.

I then installed the FP tune and got even more power in the upper rpm range and more low mid range too. The combination is as good as the Steeda and Unleashed tunes I had on the 15.

I have also done a resonator delete with stock mufflers, resonator delete with aftermarket mufflers, stock resonator with aftermarket mufflers. None of these combinations made a noticeable difference in power but the stock resonator with aftermarket mufflers sounds the best and is what I am now running.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I did cpe’s intercooler and catted down pipe at the same time. It absolutely transformed the amount of power and how it’s delivered. I recently test drove a 2018 GT and thought I was going to be disappointed with my “little” 2.3l. Apart from the major league V8 exhaust note, I felt like I was driving my car. Kudos to cpe for their quality products that have unshackeled the stock ecoboost into a serious driving machine.

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
newbie here but just curious. what is the benefit of installing an intercooler before a tune rather than after?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You cannot exploit the full potential of an intercooler if it's not supported by a tune. So install the intercooler first and then tune your engine.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
newbie here but just curious. what is the benefit of installing an intercooler before a tune rather than after?
As I noted above you get a noticeable power increase with the intercooler on an otherwise stock car, may not be as much as you could get if you tuned for it but it is an increase. The FP tune does not take advantage of the intercooler and I do not plan to go back to the Unleashed tune I had on my 15 any time soon.

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
So the order of which to install first wouldn't matter if I got the FP tune?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
So the order of which to install first wouldn't matter if I got the FP tune?
This is true no matter which tune you are considering. I'm not sure what dgc333 meant with the claim that "[t]he FP tune does not take advantage of the intercooler," especially since he correctly noted that even the stock tune will benefit from an upgraded intercooler.

The ECU prevents the engine from producing full power output when the intercooler becomes heat soaked. Instead of producing, say, 300 hp the ECU intervenes, only allowing the engine to produce 225 hp. This is primarily to prevent engine damage related to ignition malfunctions (detonation and/or preignition) caused by engine heat. If an upgraded intercooler prevents high intake temps then the ECU will allow the engine to produce more power. This is not a power boost, it's just less ECU intervention, and assuming relevant engine protection algorithms remain intact it occurs regardless of the tune installed.

Perhaps dgc333 is saying some tunes modify the level of ECU intervention if an intercooler is installed. I would suggest that the factory engineers have a great deal more data than aftermarket tuners on which to base their engine protection algorithms, and jacking around with those is a bad idea unless you have enough cash lying around to buy a new engine.

The vast majority of 2.3L EcoBoost engine failures I've read about involve the use of aftermarket tunes. Choose wisely.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION] I installed the cp-e™ ΔCore™ FMIC on my 2017 Mustang EcoBoost a while ago, I bought it from Turbo Zentrum, which is one of your suppliers in Europe (Germany).

I am now planning to upgrade the stock turbo and I am interested in the Precision Turbonetics Drop-in kit (as shown in this link: https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...on-turbo-upgrade-for-2016-ford-focus-rs-11918). This turbo is supposed to make a power of approximately 380-400whp on 93 Oct fuel (100 Ron in European terms). Will the cp-e ΔCore FMIC be able to support this power safely for the motor without the risk of heat soak? I need to know this before I proceed to the upgraded turbo kit.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta St, 1989 BMW 325i
[MENTION=31737]TorqueMan[/MENTION], when testing our stage 2 fmic we saw pretty good gains on the stock tune. Lots of throttle closures, but because the CAT's were about 80 degrees F lower, the ECU didnt have to pull timing. Also, LSPI load limits are based on CAT's, so it enables a higher load limit (aka more boost) if your charge air temps are lower. I agree with what your saying, alot of aftermarket tunes take out alot of the safety implementations in the stock ecu (and there are a ton of them) which can increase the instance of engine failure. We try to keep as many of these safeties in our tunes as possible.
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION], I will take over this question if that is okay. Yes, the FMIC will do the job. The core is more than big enough and we have made those power levels and much more on this FMIC. We sell that turbo too!!

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/cp-e-stage-one-bolt-precision-turbo-mustang-ecoboost/

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
[MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION] I installed the cp-e™ ΔCore™ FMIC on my 2017 Mustang EcoBoost a while ago, I bought it from Turbo Zentrum, which is one of your suppliers in Europe (Germany).

I am now planning to upgrade the stock turbo and I am interested in the Precision Turbonetics Drop-in kit (as shown in this link: https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...on-turbo-upgrade-for-2016-ford-focus-rs-11918). This turbo is supposed to make a power of approximately 380-400whp on 93 Oct fuel (100 Ron in European terms). Will the cp-e ΔCore FMIC be able to support this power safely for the motor without the risk of heat soak? I need to know this before I proceed to the upgraded turbo kit.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
I'm running the CPE FMIC with VS2+. Not sure how that turbo compares to Turbonetics but the car dynoed 368.4 WHP on a Mustang dyno on 91 Oct with WMI (Adam states this should be close to E30 in octane). Mustang dynos show lower WHP than Dynojet by between 10-15% so I estimate that the car should show around 400 WHP on a Dynojet dyno.

It does fine in the Phonix metro area where daytime ambient temperature hits above 110 degrees during the summer.

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Grabber Blue 6MT PP
Did anyone else have a problem fitting the MAP sensor in the CP-e intercooler? Even with some lubricant I couldn't get it to fit. I broke my original sensor and had to order another. Only way I could get it to fit was by shaving some of the plastic around the sensor. Also the intercooler wouldn't even fit in all the mounting points properly but it's still on pretty sturdy, just a little crooked under the radiator.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Did anyone else have a problem fitting the MAP sensor in the CP-e intercooler? Even with some lubricant I couldn't get it to fit. I broke my original sensor and had to order another. Only way I could get it to fit was by shaving some of the plastic around the sensor. Also the intercooler wouldn't even fit in all the mounting points properly but it's still on pretty sturdy, just a little crooked under the radiator.
I had almost the exact same experience, but was able to get the sensor in with some lube and lots of force without shaving.

BlueBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Grabber Blue 6MT PP
I had almost the exact same experience, but was able to get the sensor in with some lube and lots of force without shaving.
Okay, I thought was the only one for a second. Hopefully the shaved plastic wont affect anything with the sensor.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.