Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Hi again guys - So I'd ordered on 3/19 and after seeing how quick y'all were getting VINs - and after 4 weeks of checking with my dealer and being told all was well, I asked my dealer "why no VIN yet?" and was only THEN told that they'd just checked with their Ford rep and my order would be kicked to a 2019 model. That's all by way of background (which I mentioned before, but wouldn't expect anyone to remember)..

Well, I went to the dealer - got to a higher manager - who said he'd been on the phone with Ford again and had more info: apparently (according to him) they ran out of parts for any of the 18MY heading to New England and no more 18 orders would be able to be fulfilled for New England. Which is why my order got kicked. He also said (to his credit) that he'd honor the same deal on the 19, but couldn't give me any guarantee or even a good idea of when to expect it (since his rep couldn't do so for him).

Alternatively, he'd also honor the deal if they could locate something close for me. Of course, he also tried - on multiple occasions - to entice me into buying one from his stock that I didn't want.

So, already long story short: I can't get BLIS in the 200A pkg for 2019, and they're discontinuing the Lightning Blue color. Fortunately, he confirmed yesterday that he'd found a car that has everything I want, except for the two secondary options I'd ordered (Safe & Smart and Enhanced Security), and the side stripe on my Pony Pkg would be black rather than the white I'd wanted. Oh, and I get the stupid useless blade deck spoiler I'd deleted in my order. But it's a Premium, 10spdAuto, in Lightning Blue with Pony Package.

So, I figure sometime this week we'll get down to business. I'll back out the cost of the two options I couldn't get, remind them of the two remaining differences I'm willing to live with, and hope that they in fact honor the original promise and discounts they'd offered.

If all goes well (and, unfortunately, I'm afraid that may be a BIG "if") I may have my first Mustang by next weekend (heh - at the early end of my original "promised" estimated delivery window).

Now, I just have to make sure they TRAILER it from where it is rather than drive it (yeah, I googled the VIN they gave me and found it myself at a dealer in Marlow Heights, MD).

Thanks again for listening/reading. It's nice to have someplace to vent where everyone knows and can appreciate what you're talking about.

Chris
- wanting a Lightning Blue Mustang (even if it's a 10A Ecoboost) with the Pony Package
- EDD: maybe sometime later this week?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Hi again guys - So I'd ordered on 3/19 and after seeing how quick y'all were getting VINs - and after 4 weeks of checking with my dealer and being told all was well, I asked my dealer "why no VIN yet?" and was only THEN told that they'd just checked with their Ford rep and my order would be kicked to a 2019 model. That's all by way of background (which I mentioned before, but wouldn't expect anyone to remember)..

Well, I went to the dealer - got to a higher manager - who said he'd been on the phone with Ford again and had more info: apparently (according to him) they ran out of parts for any of the 18MY heading to New England and no more 18 orders would be able to be fulfilled for New England. Which is why my order got kicked. He also said (to his credit) that he'd honor the same deal on the 19, but couldn't give me any guarantee or even a good idea of when to expect it (since his rep couldn't do so for him).

Alternatively, he'd also honor the deal if they could locate something close for me. Of course, he also tried - on multiple occasions - to entice me into buying one from his stock that I didn't want.

So, already long story short: I can't get BLIS in the 200A pkg for 2019, and they're discontinuing the Lightning Blue color. Fortunately, he confirmed yesterday that he'd found a car that has everything I want, except for the two secondary options I'd ordered (Safe & Smart and Enhanced Security), and the side stripe on my Pony Pkg would be black rather than the white I'd wanted. Oh, and I get the stupid useless blade deck spoiler I'd deleted in my order. But it's a Premium, 10spdAuto, in Lightning Blue with Pony Package.

So, I figure sometime this week we'll get down to business. I'll back out the cost of the two options I couldn't get, remind them of the two remaining differences I'm willing to live with, and hope that they in fact honor the original promise and discounts they'd offered.

If all goes well (and, unfortunately, I'm afraid that may be a BIG "if") I may have my first Mustang by next weekend (heh - at the early end of my original "promised" estimated delivery window).

Now, I just have to make sure they TRAILER it from where it is rather than drive it (yeah, I googled the VIN they gave me and found it myself at a dealer in Marlow Heights, MD).

Thanks again for listening/reading. It's nice to have someplace to vent where everyone knows and can appreciate what you're talking about.

Chris
- wanting a Lightning Blue Mustang (even if it's a 10A Ecoboost) with the Pony Package
- EDD: maybe sometime later this week?
Sounds like the dealer is trying their best to help you out. I hope the deal works out to your satisfaction Chis. Post some pics when you get her home.

I kinda wish Ford offered the Pony Package on the GT's. It's a good looking package.

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jim - I'm hoping you're right. I also think the dealer may actually be trying to help out, but my confidence level is a little low. So we'll see :)

And thanks for the compliment on the Pony Package. If it looks as good in person and in pics as the build does online, I'll be really happy with it.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda wish Ford offered the Pony Package on the GT's. It's a good looking package.
SAME HERE, I really want that chrome trim on my GT without going for the aftermarket BS :frusty:

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Just got done chatting with ford performance and my car is passing thru Iowa as we speak eta to the dealer is 4/29-5/1

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So, no longer technically a "factory" order but it's a dealer order (from another dealer) and my new Mustang may soon be on it's way!

Dealer came through - the car they located was close enough to what I originally ordered, but without the wait (and I'm getting Lightning Blue before it's gone...). The options I didn't get - while they would have been nice - aren't that big of a deal and not getting them saves some money. And it turns out the Missus likes the black side stripe more than the white one (and, honestly, I was up in the air about it myself). I can live with the vestigial spoiler. And I got the Pony Package which - after doing a LOT of searching - I'm discovering is getting very hard to find with Lightning Blue. I agree with justme97 that it's a nice look.

They even got within a few hundred bucks of my target price - and they're picking up the cost of shipping it 350 miles rather than passing that on to me. If all goes as planned, I could have it by this weekend (ironically, at the early end of the original delivery window they gave me on the order).

So thanks again to all of you for your patience and encouragement through this process. Sounds like it'll turn out ok. Heh - I'll be sure and whine again to you all if it doesn't :rant:

Added to my signature is a first pic, taken by the dealer where it's awaiting shipment :clap2:

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
300 miles in and I got a “see manual” alert. Looked it up and it says “The powertrain needs service due to a powertrain malfunction.” Anyone get this message and think it’s serious?

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My buddy had an amber engine light come on at like 200 miles but it turned off within a day or two. Have you done anything out of the ordinary? Beat on it, baby it?
Going fast enough on the highway. A yellow wrench showed up and said see manual. About 5 minutes later I got off and parked, shut the car off, turned it back on and it wasn’t there. Reason to go in and get it checked?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My Pony 5L made it to the dealer yesterday according to COTUS. The salesman texted me yesterday and said the car would arrive at the dealership on Wednesday, that is tomorrow. I am guessing they got it on a truck sooner than expected. The depot is in Petersburg, VA and the dealer is in Richmond, VA, a 30 min. drive. At least it has been in VA since Friday.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Just got done chatting with ford performance again this morning and this is the update I received,

Tom says:
As of 4/23 I'm showing the vehicle is passing through an intermediate point in Nebraska to be loaded on a transport from rail. ETA is 4/29-5/1
Matthew says:
So its going by truck from Nebraska to my dealer? or its getting transferred onto another train?
Tom says:
Truck to the dealer.
Matthew says:
Interesting I wonder why? is that normal?
Tom says:
Standard procedure, that's how all vehicles are delivered to the dealer.

Why would it travel by rail to Nebraska then go by truck to Nevada?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Just got done chatting with ford performance again this morning and this is the update I received,

Tom says:
As of 4/23 I'm showing the vehicle is passing through an intermediate point in Nebraska to be loaded on a transport from rail. ETA is 4/29-5/1
Matthew says:
So its going by truck from Nebraska to my dealer? or its getting transferred onto another train?
Tom says:
Truck to the dealer.
Matthew says:
Interesting I wonder why? is that normal?
Tom says:
Standard procedure, that's how all vehicles are delivered to the dealer.

Why would it travel by rail to Nebraska then go by truck to Nevada?
It's Ford brother, no way to tell why they do what they do. But, that is strange.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
OK kiddies, we finally got the car home today. Hoods lined up, and everything else is in order. I'm sorry, but in good conscious I can't post pictures right now. It's rained the last two days, and was raining when I brought it home. It's soooooo dirty. I'll get 'er detailed in the next couple days, and post some pics. Thanks for taking this ride with me. I'll be along with those that haven't gotten their's yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: