Sponsored

2018 Mustang in the showrooms *photos inside*

BugsOli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT | 2015 Mustang Eco | 2022 Puma ST
Finally we get the heat louvers on the bonnet!
Sponsored

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
The OF is stunning irl so is the carbon package
Awesome pictures! Do you have more of that carbon package such as the seats? Seems that the central plastic (where the gear stick is) is not covered in leather...

Last edited:

Angaca1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Awesome pictures! Do you have more of that carbon package such as the seats? Seems that the central plastic (Wheels the gear stick is) is not covered in leather...
Thats right. The central plastic is not covered in leather anf is not compatible with any other package. What a shame....the alcantara seats look so good.....

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Thats right. The central plastic is not covered in leather anf is not compatible with any other package. What a shame....the alcantara seats look so good.....
Sad. For 1.050 EUR seems a bit on the expensive side for 'just' alcantara and carbon fiber....

[MENTION=31616]Mazman[/MENTION] Any pictures of the seats?? :ninja:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Went by the dealer today, they have a GT Ruby Red so had to check it out in person.

The dealer fired up the engine for me in the showroom just idle, but OMG it sounds so insane. Nothing compared to the 2015, and nothing compared to anything on the EU roads atm :) Expected delivery for mine is the 2nd week of June.

Noticed the dash inlay is the same as the 2015 Ecoboost, GT (or premium?) used to be aluminium now it has the patterned metal.

+ quick pic
thumbnail_IMG_1671.jpg

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So what's the redline in the export models?
Ford NZ's website states as a detail of the GT being "7000 RPM Tachometer". Previous S550 was 6500 according to their dash so export model gets the extra and isn't gimped

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I still think the 2015-17 looks better, more American. The facelift looks more European indeed, but if I wanted a European car I would have bought an Audi or a beamer (which I don’t like because they all look the same and now the Mustang also looks like them...).

Also, as some have already said, darker colors seem to suit the car better than race red and lighter colors, because lighter colors make the discrepancies between the ugly front end and the rest of the car show up.

The sides of the upper grille are painted black to make it look bigger, because on the facelift the hood has moved a bit forward and down, so the grille is actually smaller. It’s a visual effect.

The only thing I like about the 2018 is the digital cluster, but it can easily be fitted on our 2015-17 models (just a bit expensive for €1500).

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we can agree to disagree that the 18-19 Mustangs looks like a Audi or Beemer.

I still think the 2015-17 looks better, more American. The facelift looks more European indeed, but if I wanted a European car I would have bought an Audi or a beamer (which I don’t like because they all look the same and now the Mustang also looks like them...).

Also, as some have already said, darker colors seem to suit the car better than race red and lighter colors, because lighter colors make the discrepancies between the ugly front end and the rest of the car show up.

The sides of the upper grille are painted black to make it look bigger, because on the facelift the hood has moved a bit forward and down, so the grille is actually smaller. It’s a visual effect.

The only thing I like about the 2018 is the digital cluster, but it can easily be fitted on our 2015-17 models (just a bit expensive for €1500).
Screenshot_20180504-081408_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-081333_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-081242_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-080443_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-080257_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-075200_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180504-074716_Instagram.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It does look an Audi/Beamer. At least to my eyes it doesn't look like an American car any more.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I agree with you Makis: the american taste is fading out.. even if I still like the front and the entire car.
However, if I now try to think to an american 'muscle' car, the first popping in my head is a Challenger. Rude, uneducated and with basic interior like you've ever thought for an american car.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I like your definition of the American car Stefano: "Rude, uneducated and with basic interior like you've ever thought for an american car". The 2018 facelift became too "European" for me to like. And too ..."regulated". They even had to remove 30 hp for the EcoBoost to be compliant with European emissions regulations.

As I said above, if I wanted a European car, I would buy an Audi or a Beamer.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Probably since in US european cars have an 'exotic' and exclusive image, they wanted to grab this feature to have major appeal for US customers.
Don't forget that they work primarily for the internal market, that warrant Ford with higher incomes. Export is a relatively small market. Keeping the Mustang 'american' means less internal income (maybe american guys are too much used to mustangs) and some bigger export incomes.
Sponsored