Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Removed my sound tube...well half of it. Used black rubber leg tips to cover both ends, will completely remove it once I get the Power Pack 2.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Removed my sound tube...well half of it. Used black rubber leg tips to cover both ends, will completely remove it once I get the Power Pack 2.
Same here. Rubber leg up front and a free cap from the dealer in the back. I just did the twist off method to pop it off. There is a body builder girl that has a YouTube video where she discovers you can just twist it off and not have to screw with the bolt.
20180623_200133a.jpg

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coastal Bend Mustangs of Texas

I want to do this tube delete soon myself, cleaner engine bay is desirable. I installed "redline hood struts" from LMR. Texas is so great, 2 day delivery!
tn_20180526_090557.jpg

johnscousin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB Mustang GT PP
Bye Bye P Zeros

29110536128_67bd473726_z.jpg
IMG_3895 by jim cash, on Flickr"]
29110536128_67bd473726_z.jpg
IMG_3895 by jim cash, on Flickr[/URL]

Thursday evening. Pilot Sport AS3+ installed on Friday morning. Been looking forward to this for a while. Click on photo for video. If anyone would like to share how to get a video to show from Flickr, I'd be most grateful. What a pain in the a@@.

jc

Last edited:

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
I want to do this tube delete soon myself, cleaner engine bay is desirable. I installed "redline hood struts" from LMR. Texas is so great, 2 day delivery!
Lmr might be more expensive with a few things, but i love getting my stuff sometimes the next day.

Sponsored

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
I removed the Roush hood vents after I couldn't start my car due the rain water leaking to my Roush intake . What a joke. The left vent was directing the stream of water directly onto the filter. Had to take it apart , dry it and erased the code.
Anybody wants to buy them , CHEAP! LOL

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Same here. Rubber leg up front and a free cap from the dealer in the back. I just did the twist off method to pop it off. There is a body builder girl that has a YouTube video where she discovers you can just twist it off and not have to screw with the bolt.
Wait so I don't even have to unscrew the bolt? I can just take it off and leave the bolt there? That seems to be the hardest part from what I've seen/read, especially if you have a strut tower brace. Hm, now I'm more inclined to do it haha

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used a flexible extension screwdriver with a 3/8 socket bit and a deep socket. That worked well.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Went and did the Thunder Hill 3 Mile the other day. The car performed great in the 107° heat. Here's a pic of one of my friends track prepped 550 hp toy as well as a new friend. A lot more pix can be found on my build thread as well as more footage.

20180622_102208.jpg
20180622_114528.jpg

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Wait so I don't even have to unscrew the bolt? I can just take it off and leave the bolt there? That seems to be the hardest part from what I've seen/read, especially if you have a strut tower brace. Hm, now I'm more inclined to do it haha
Yup, just twist and pull.

No damage to the tube either.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I followed Boombas video and did it right! It’s as simple and easy as it gets! If you’re gonna do something.....do it right!! :cheers::cheers: I had my own delete kit!

[ame]

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Yes, no damage to the tube. Part of the bracket is still attached to the firewall, notice the ragged edge of the hole where the bolt goes through when she lifts it up. It works for sure as others have ripped it off. Just takes a little longer to do it right and if you wait until you need a tire rotation you can do both tasks at once.

The nut is easy to get to with the inner fender dropped, the bolt is long so you will need a deep socket. I'm thinking the proper size plug is better than tape.
Mine isn't even ragged. I was surprised. I had a harder time getting the mid pushpin out.

The plug was is easy enough to get at the dealer. Although it felt like a rather firm diaphragm was just behind the hole.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Mine isn't even ragged. I was surprised. I had a harder time getting the mid pushpin out.

The plug was is easy enough to get at the dealer. Although it felt like a rather firm diaphragm was just behind the hole.
Guys...as I said... follow the boom a video! No sweat, not bloody knuckles, nothing left hangin in the wind!!! Simple and straight forward!! :cheers:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The window louver trim was placed on the car. All I can get for now is garage pics due to heavy rain. I'll get some better ones when we see some sunshine.
So......simulated window louvers..aka the Limited Edition cars? :cheers:

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
It's been humid and raining since spraying the rear window louver trim but the paint has finally cured and ready to polish.
Where'd you get those??
Sponsored