Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Both actually, but more and more I am just downloading locally the music from my Apple subscription. Apple just keeps giving me rope and I keep taking it. ha!

But I know what I am doing and I fought it for a long long time - 'buying into any system' that is (btw, Im 50). Now basically I just want stuff to work and have interoperability. So from the Macs, iPhones, iPads, AppTVs and the Apple Family plan - everyone can just plug their crap in and it works. Be it "Dad, I want my music in the car" or "Dad let me show you this funny YouTube" on the Apple TV - Apple lets it work. That's the best thing I like about Apple, when it works its a happy day!

This Carplay and 3rd party nav apps has me po'ed. I even sent off a email to cooks apple email the other day! Like that will do anything but I felt better after sending it ;-)
I actually just subscribed to Apple Music. I had been using Spotify. The main reason I started subscribing to Apple Music is I just purchased a HomePod. Hook, line, and sinker lol I know what you mean. There is nothing out there that comes close to how well all Apple devices work together. Speaking of Apple Music, Apple does have an Android app for the service. Apple does do a better job with organizing music with the built in app. There are good third party Android apps out there, but way easier creating playlists, downloading music, etc with iTunes.

We will get the Waze app in April for Sync 3. It's going to be similar to how the Sygic app works as they both will be mirrored from the iPhone. The Sygic navigation app on Android actually is being mirrored as well. Tim Cook actually reads e-mails and does respond. That's actually a good idea. More need to e-mail him about third party navigation support on Carplay. I should send an e-mail as well. It might be pointless but worth a shot regardless.
Sponsored

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
I just purchased a HomePod. ....
HomePod, my daughter wants one and she had a fun time with it at Worst (Best) Buy the other day. I have a perfectly good 2017 Pioneer Elite / Multi-Zone to pump music throughout the house with our iPhones/iPads. Which are always handy to switch on music as the occasion arises. And it shakes the house like no HomePod could :)

..... Tim Cook actually reads e-mails and does respond. That's actually a good idea. More need to e-mail him about third party navigation support on Carplay. I should send an e-mail as well. ....
That's the theory on emailing Tim Cook or perhaps at least one of his minions will read it and bump it up :clap2:

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
[MENTION=34247]hobbie1[/MENTION] Can you provide a link to that post by HizliBullet? Its not in this thread.

And for anyone, what is the difference between the 2016 and 2017 and how can I tell which I installed a week or so ago?

And since those downloads have more files in them, how do I get those applied? Can I do that without reverting back to an old release first?

Thanks
Go to the first post in this thread and you should see the active links.....

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Should I expect to see the v3.0 update on Ford Owner? I don't currently.

The first page still references the v2.3 files, anyone can point to the v3.0 download?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Its Apple that are the buttheads with Carplay and having an embargo on 3rd Party Nav Apps. Nothing new here, they play these 'games' all the time. If I could untether JailBreak my iPhone 8 Plus, I'd likely do it (which I have not done since the iphone 4). :headbonk:
Does Google allow 3rd party nav apps through Android Auto? The only map apps (that I know of) accessible via Android Auto are Google maps and Waze, both of which are owned by Google.

Sponsored

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20722]Swedish Meatballs[/MENTION] - good luck on finding the files - i think the sites were forced to strip download links.
[MENTION=31737]TorqueMan[/MENTION] - I suppose that is a good point, I did not connect that Waze was now owned by Google.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Does Google allow 3rd party nav apps through Android Auto? The only map apps (that I know of) accessible via Android Auto are Google maps and Waze, both of which are owned by Google.
Never tried, Waze is great and there isnt any other map app I would rather use.

drudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT RS / GT350

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Mirror links:North America: (Follow pdf attachments at the bottom for instructions)

Official link to MY 16 w/Nav: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/12329785895737455693\JL1T-14G381-AJ.zip
Official link to MY 17 w/Nav: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/12080212233613831570\JL1T-14G381-AJ.zip

Thats V3.0
Don't believe it is, I just downloaded from this link and the autoinstall file says 2.3

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 2.3.10 - Only for MY 16 Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_2.3.17109_PRODUCT]

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question: if the official one released this week is also 3.0.18025, can the people who have unofficial 18025 install over to get other aspects updated such as voice files gracenotes etc?

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
So about USB drives. I've been using a older USB thumb drive (been years since I bought a USB Drive) and its God awful slow updating the Edge/Mustang. I ended up being at Best Buy today and whilst in there I decided to finally get a new thumb drive. They have a smoke'n deal.

SanDisk - Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Up to 130MB/sec
Ultrasmall, low-profile design

Price: $19.99 ($40 off, normally $59.99) and they have a 128GB but they were out of stock at the store I was at.

I put in v3.0 back into the Edge and it immediately showed it updating. Then less than 2 minutes later it had detected Sync was already upgraded/current.

Also, it has a tiny red light that you can see 'flashing' as it's being accessed!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So about USB drives. I've been using a older USB thumb drive (been years since I bought a USB Drive) and its God awful slow updating the Edge/Mustang. I ended up being at Best Buy today and whilst in there I decided to finally get a new thumb drive. They have a smoke'n deal.

SanDisk - Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Up to 130MB/sec
Ultrasmall, low-profile design

Price: $19.99 ($40 off, normally $59.99) and they have a 128GB but they were out of stock at the store I was at.

I put in v3.0 back into the Edge and it immediately showed it updating. Then less than 2 minutes later it had detected Sync was already upgraded/current.

Also, it has a tiny red light that you can see 'flashing' as it's being accessed!
thats a real smokin deal, plus red flashing light helps see activity

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Amazon has the 64GB for $17.99 ($2 cheaper), and the 128GB for $30.99 ($4 cheaper).

Free shipping with Prime too, BB looks like it's $5.49 to ship.

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Might be true but in-store pickup was with better than remembering to check Amazon (and forgetting)! However, if are starting off from home and have Prime, Amazon is clearly the better deal!

I am pretty sure I can get that two dollars back from Best Buy on price match - thanks for posting!

BTW, this little drive is freaking fast. Once I remember to put it into my Tower's USB 3.0 I am getting 60MB/s!
Sponsored