Sponsored

First time at track with new setup | Close call

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Pretty fun day at the track! I definitely need to dial the car in to get that 60ft down. Could use your thoughts as a couple of my runs nearly put me in the wall. All runs were made on a transbrake!

Tires are nearly new 305/45/17 MT SS

• 1st run - went smooth and straight!
    • 13# setting, peaked 15#
    • 2step @ 3000
    • Vikings set at 6C/9R
    • 6.27 @ 113.78 with a 1.5584 60ft

• 2nd run - raised the 2step 200rpm and the car got a little squirrely coming out of the hole. Had to lift...
    • 2step @ 3200
    • Vikings set at 6C/9R

• 3rd run - lowered 2step back to 3000 and it ran smooth and straight. Just a little faster than the 1st run. For whatever reason the car died twice during the burnout - sent log to tuner.
    • 2step @ 3000
    • 6.19 @ 115.09 with a 1.5350 60ft
    • Vikings set at 6C/9R

• 4th run - raised 2step to 3100, added a click of rebound and increased boost 2#. The video is of this run.
    • 15# setting
    • 2step @ 3100
    • Vikings set at 6C/10R

In the video it looks like I was spinning coming out of the hole. Next time I go out i'll test the 2step at 2800rpm. Think I stayed on the 2step for too long? Anything you guys can think of to prevent this?

Front
Springs = BMR SP089
Struts = OEM PP

Rear
Springs = BMR SP088
Shocks = Viking Crusader B358AM
Cradle bushings = BMR BK048
Diff bushings = BMR BK050
Random = BMR vertical links and Steeda IRS brace

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Ebv83wZSgS4[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You spun the tires all the way through.... to prevent that you lift on the pedal under your right foot... a quick lift and reset of throttle would have saved that entire run. If your not in it on money with the guy next to you, lift.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hey man if I were u I would use the m/t ss for the street and get u set of et street r for the track.Softer sidewall and less chance of wheelhop.Nice hits for the first time out though.

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You spun the tires all the way through.... to prevent that you lift on the pedal under your right foot... a quick lift and reset of throttle would have saved that entire run. If your not in it on money with the guy next to you, lift.
It didn't really feel like it in the seat, but when I saw the video it def showed it. It's crazy to me that adding a couple hundred RPM to the 2step make that much of a difference.

Do you run crusaders?

Hey man if I were u I would use the m/t ss for the street and get u set of et street r for the track.Softer sidewall and less chance of wheelhop.Nice hits for the first time out though.
A lot of folks have mentioned the et street r. If I'm going to run dedicated wheels/tires for the track should I just get slicks? I don't drive the car much and definitely don't drive in the rain, so maybe I can get away with the street r full-time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes I run crusaders, but am a stick with slicks.
What settings do you typically run at? I figure with slicks you'll be running more compression.

Any auto cars running a 2step in here? If so, what do you have it set at?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
It didn't really feel like it in the seat, but when I saw the video it def showed it. It's crazy to me that adding a couple hundred RPM to the 2step make that much of a difference.

Do you run crusaders?

A lot of folks have mentioned the et street r. If I'm going to run dedicated wheels/tires for the track should I just get slicks? I don't drive the car much and definitely don't drive in the rain, so maybe I can get away with the street r full-time.
The street r are good as long as it's dry,but i.would not use them on wet payment.I have an auto and use slicks just because they hook everytime,but the street r is a great track that u can use on the street.Good burn out and i.dont think u will get wheelhop.My suspension is 100% stock and no wheel hop.

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
If I was you, I'd dial the power down to figure out the 2-step/suspension/tire pressure. Once you get that dialed in, start incrementally upping the power.

When you get that right, you should be able to cut 1.4x making less power. That will be your sign to add more power.

Keep in mind, track prep plays a really big role. If you go to a test & tune after a top fuel/pro stock race weekend, you'll likely get your best track conditions.

Tony

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
How good was the track? It didn't look like there was the amount of rubber down like the tracks here. Was it cold out?

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How good was the track? It didn't look like there was the amount of rubber down like the tracks here. Was it cold out?
Track was decent. Didn't see anyone else having issues. Minimal street tires out there. Two cars ahead of that run in the video ran a 3.# and the one in front was a big tire.

It was 60-65, so weather was pretty awesome.

Lund recommended I bring the tire pressure from 17 to 18 or 19 and change the Vikings from 6C/9R to 5C/11R next time out. I'll also drop the 2step to 2800 and like Tony mentioned, bring the power down a bit until it's running consistently.

Sponsored

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
At least you lifted. This guy here didn't. Less then 800 miles on a new car and hit the wall. Then tried to put a claim in for insurance.
2017 Mustang.jpg

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Brutal.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
At least you lifted. This guy here didn't. Less then 800 miles on a new car and hit the wall. Then tried to put a claim in for insurance.
How'd the claim end up? Insurance fraud?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Get some better tire to put all that power down!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have done very well at putting the power to the ground ... let us know if we can help, Steeda Stop the Hop Kit is a great package.

Sponsored