Sponsored

Paint Protection Wrap for the Mustang

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi not too sure how many of you have a concern with rock chips on our new mustangs but I am really cautious with driving on the highway as no matter how careful you are a truck or an ahole will pass you and kick up rocks and chip your paint. Have any of you guys done a full I mean completely full wrap on the whole car with PP film to avoid this? Id love to get this done but its like $3500 here in Canada for a full job on this. Anyone know of a good dealer that will be less? Have you guys done this wrap on your beautiful mustangs?
Sponsored

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
3500 for a full wrap is really cheap and realistically you won't find a reputable shop to do it cheaper. Anyone can install film, but will it look so good you can't tell it's on there... At my shop to wrap a mustang complete we charge around double... If your not wanting to spend a ton of money do a full nose wrap, A pillars, front of the roof, rockers, fronts of the quarters, and the sides of the rear bumper. Those are your major impact areas

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I m in montreal and the best price i can find for a full hood, fenders , bumper and side mirror, headlight and a little part of the rear bumper is 1250.00$ Plus taxes. I can choose 3M pro series or their premium shield elite film. They are doing ferraris, porsche and the lambo huracan of my boss. I didn t ask for the full wrap car because the mustang is not expensive enough to jutisfy a so expensive price for such protection imo. The lambo huracan spider is 4900 plus taxes

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah I've had it done mostly because the roads around me are more like gravel so whenever I go out its like being shot at there's that much shit being kicked up. Worth every penny.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500 for a full wrap is really cheap and realistically you won't find a reputable shop to do it cheaper. Anyone can install film, but will it look so good you can't tell it's on there... At my shop to wrap a mustang complete we charge around double... If your not wanting to spend a ton of money do a full nose wrap, A pillars, front of the roof, rockers, fronts of the quarters, and the sides of the rear bumper. Those are your major impact areas
Really 7000 USD for a full mustang clear Wrap ?
The cost of the best film itself could be at most 1500.00$-2000.00$.
I can paint a panel many times for 7000$.
It’s not a collectible car

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Does anyone know of a good installer in Toronto Canada? also is there a risk thei exacto knives can slice or scratch the paint?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Really 7000 USD for a full mustang clear Wrap ?
The cost of the best film itself could be at most 1500.00$-2000.00$.
I can paint a panel many times for 7000$.
It’s not a collectible car

This. A bumper cover is $500 to get painted by my guy. I do have PPF, but I did it myself. They make new mustangs every 30 seconds.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This. A bumper cover is $500 to get painted by my guy. I do have PPF, but I did it myself. They make new mustangs every 30 seconds.
Did you order a precut ppf ?
Does it require very special manual skill to do it ? Or just to be patient and take some times ? If you can share a link to buy the film on line thank you

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order a precut ppf ?
Does it require very special manual skill to do it ? Or just to be patient and take some times ? If you can share a link to buy the film on line thank you
Yes, I got a precut kit from ebay of the 3M Pro stuff. It is the only way to do it. The kit was like this one, though I couldn't tell you what seller I had.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Musta...ash=item3ae6e664f4:g:w5cAAOSwrfVZOknQ&vxp=mtr
For some reason the fog lights were super hard to lay flat, I gave up on those. But maybe start with them, to get a feel for the product. The fender pieces are super easy, the hood a little tougher, just takes time to get it lined up and the bubbles out.
It was the second one I put on, and it came out fairly good, so good that when I had to have my new hood done due to a hail damage insurance claim, the folks doing it thought it was professionally done and offered me work. The first time I did it was a few years earlier on a Diesel TDI. (Don't ask!) It came out fairly good also. There are numerous "training videos" on youtube, watch as much as you can. The BIGGEST thing is to have a clean, WELL LIGHTED indoor space you can use, with NO WIND. Car is super clean, space is super clean, and take your time. It is fairly forgiving stuff when wet. But spend a few hours watching the videos first....

Have a helper for the bumper piece, and do it last, that was the toughest part.

Last edited:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know of a good installer in Toronto Canada? also is there a risk thei exacto knives can slice or scratch the paint?
A precut kit (even the pros cut their own kits) has very little need of an exacto knife. The software that cuts the kit is pretty dang good.

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I got a precut kit from ebay of the 3M Pro stuff. It is the only way to do it. The kit was like this one, though I couldn't tell you what seller I had.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Musta...ash=item3ae6e664f4:g:w5cAAOSwrfVZOknQ&vxp=mtr
For some reason the fog lights were super hard to lay flat, I gave up on those. But maybe start with them, to get a feel for the product. The fender pieces are super easy, the hood a little tougher, just takes time to get it lined up and the bubbles out.
It was the second one I put on, and it came out fairly good, so good that when I had to have my new hood done due to a hail damage insurance claim, the folks doing it thought it was professionally done and offered me work. The first time I did it was a few years earlier on a Diesel TDI. (Don't ask!) It came out fairly good also. There are numerous "training videos" on youtube, watch as much as you can. The BIGGEST thing is to have a clean, WELL LIGHTED indoor space you can use, with NO WIND. Car is super clean, space is super clean, and take your time. It is fairly forgiving stuff when wet. But spend a few hours watching the videos first....

Have a helper for the bumper piece, and do it last, that was the toughest part.
thank you for the precious informations

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know of a good installer in Toronto that does precut printed 3m sheets.
Sponsored