Sponsored

Dealer:"your car was selected by Ford for testing"

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
So when I arrived to pick up my '18 Mustang GT, I questioned them about the 28 miles that were on the clock. They said my vehicle was selected by Ford for testing and did not go into any further detail as to what that meant. Also, peeking at my window sticker I noticed the first 5 rows/columns under government 5 star safety ratings read "not rated", where as rollover was 5 stars. I contacted Ford about these issues as well as a current circulating rumor of a TSB/recall on the 6spd pertaining clutch failure. She said under my VIN there were no recalls or service bulletins. As for the testing, she asked if I received a letter from Ford in which I did not and so then could not provide me with any other info and referred me to my dealer. She also could not give me any info on the window sticker anomaly and I quote said "It is a bit puzzling on my end as well, your dealer will be able to provide more insight on this for you." Wtf? Anyone heard of these issues? :confused: Btw, I didnt look at my window sticker until yesterday.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
So when I arrived to pick up my '18 Mustang GT, I questioned them about the 28 miles that were on the clock. They said my vehicle was selected by Ford for testing and did not go into any further detail as to what that meant. Also, peeking at my window sticker I noticed the first 5 rows/columns under government 5 star safety ratings read "not rated", where as rollover was 5 stars. I contacted Ford about these issues as well as a current circulating rumor of a TSB/recall on the 6spd pertaining clutch failure. She said under my VIN there were no recalls or service bulletins. As for the testing, she asked if I received a letter from Ford in which I did not and so then could not provide me with any other info and referred me to my dealer. She also could not give me any info on the window sticker anomaly and I quote said "It is a bit puzzling on my end as well, your dealer will be able to provide more insight on this for you." Wtf? Anyone heard of these issues? :confused: Btw, I didnt look at my window sticker until yesterday.
I've never heard of anything like that. Did it get delivered to an area dealer where they may have driven over to your dealer? What does it say on COTUS as to the delivered dealer? Sounds a little suspicious to me.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
My 2011 was like that.. It had a sticker on the car.... I wasnt worried at all.. its actually very normal.

OP
OP
BladeGT

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
I've never heard of anything like that. Did it get delivered to an area dealer where they may have driven over to your dealer? What does it say on COTUS as to the delivered dealer? Sounds a little suspicious to me.
Sold to line reads my dealer and dealer number. Another thing I noticed is the very top portion of the sticker seems cut-off. Its bordered in a bold blue line all around and is missing the info across the very top in white. One last thing that has me confused is that it appeared part of the intake was either removed and re-installed or not installed properly from factory. The airbox connection to the fresh air snorkel was miss-aligned. After further investigation the whole airbox unit was shifted and the coupler was not seated properly at the throttle body. I loosened everything up and pulled the box towards the snorkel and it snapped into place and is seated correctly at all other mounting points. I still could not get the coupler flush onto the TB, Ill try again when I pull it out of storage. I reached underneath the airbox and noticed a stud almost wore a whole completely through. Thankfully I saw this early on. My front grill was not snapped all the way in around the top curve on the passenger side either. Cant believe I missed that looking it over. All these things just seem sketchy to me.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
My understanding is that there should be a printed notice somewhere in the car stating that it was randomly selected for quality testing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BladeGT

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
My understanding is that there should be a printed notice somewhere in the car stating that it was randomly selected for quality testing.
I havent seen this paperwork or sticker anywhere. Is there a specific location I should be looking? Im going to politely harass my dealer tomorrow to find out more information.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Mine had 5 miles on delivery and that was from dealer stock and after my test drive.

But you probably had some of the engineers that created the car checking it over. Kind of cool really.

OP
OP
BladeGT

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Mine had 5 miles on delivery and that was from dealer stock and after my test drive.

But you probably had some of the engineers that created the car checking it over. Kind of cool really.
Hopefully thats the case. That would be pretty neat.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Sold to line reads my dealer and dealer number. Another thing I noticed is the very top portion of the sticker seems cut-off. Its bordered in a bold blue line all around and is missing the info across the very top in white. One last thing that has me confused is that it appeared part of the intake was either removed and re-installed or not installed properly from factory. The airbox connection to the fresh air snorkel was miss-aligned. After further investigation the whole airbox unit was shifted and the coupler was not seated properly at the throttle body. I loosened everything up and pulled the box towards the snorkel and it snapped into place and is seated correctly at all other mounting points. I still could not get the coupler flush onto the TB, Ill try again when I pull it out of storage. I reached underneath the airbox and noticed a stud almost wore a whole completely through. Thankfully I saw this early on. My front grill was not snapped all the way in around the top curve on the passenger side either. Cant believe I missed that looking it over. All these things just seem sketchy to me.
Was this an ordered vehicle or just one found on the lot? With those pieces out of place, it could have just been missed at the plant, but I think I'd be looking all over the front end and underneath just to make sure it hasn't been in an accident.

OP
OP
BladeGT

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
Was this an ordered vehicle or just one found on the lot? With those pieces out of place, it could have just been missed at the plant, but I think I'd be looking all over the front end and underneath just to make sure it hasn't been in an accident.
Bought it off the lot. It didnt appear to have any damage and I checked pop tabs and other fasteners for wear marks that can happen when removed and re-installed. Also checked panel gaps. Just missed that corner grill. I will do another more thorough pass over when I pull it out. Hopefully all is well. That would be pretty damn shaddy and probably illegal to sell me a brand new car that was in an accident.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't think the government safety rating are out on this MY. From what I read the car hasn't been rated yet with the new frontal collision technology.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Bought it off the lot. It didnt appear to have any damage and I checked pop tabs and other fasteners for wear marks that can happen when removed and re-installed. Also checked panel gaps. Just missed that corner grill. I will do another more thorough pass over when I pull it out. Hopefully all is well. That would be pretty damn shaddy and probably illegal to sell me a brand new car that was in an accident.
You should have seen the thousands of new cars, trucks, and suvs that went through a temporary setup at an old rail yard across from my work last year getting hail dents pdr'd. I wonder if the buyers were ever informed about that?

OP
OP
BladeGT

BladeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 HBM 1SS TR6060 NPP
You should have seen the thousands of new cars, trucks, and suvs that went through a temporary setup at an old rail yard across from my work last year getting hail dents pdr'd. I wonder if the buyers were ever informed about that?
That's sad to think they would sneak that sh*t by people. Humans:tsk: I guess thats why there's warranty. I got the genuine Ford extended at an awesome rate because I only drive around 4-5k a year and park it in the winter. Dont plan on mods until its payed off, have a house to sink money into.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
In 2015 when I bought my car I was reading that Ford randomly selects cars for quality testing and they were putting the note informing you inside of the glove box. Mine was ordered and picked up by me the next day and it had like 72 miles on it...no note in the glove box.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
My 16 had a note in the owners manual that it was randomly selected for quality testing that included extended test drive.
Sponsored