Sponsored

GT350 brakes on GT?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I was looking into this swap as well a few weeks ago, but then decided that the GTPP brembos in the front are enough for me right now. Also, I'm actually thinking about getting wilwood for an easier swap since I don't want to buy two new sets of wheels (winter and summer tires) so I can clear the calipers, since that will seriously bump up the price, which makes the low cost on the brake kit not worth it anymore, I'd just go buy some brembo GTs for that money which will clear the stock GTPP 19" wheels.
Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Okay finishing up the gt350r brake swap on my 2017 GT PP.

The front brakes clear my 6GR 20x10 35mm rims easily... no issues at all and look freaking great.
20180412_194332-1209x1612.jpg
20180412_203850-1209x1612.jpg
20180412_203858-1209x1612.jpg

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
The rear I finshed up late last night...

The rear calipers clear the 6GR 20X11 50mm rims.. but it is very very close to rubbing the spokes..

It was late so I didn't get any pictures yet or measure the distance. But it look very close to the spokes. There is no rubbing and wheel spins freely with no issue. But I will say if there is any deflection in the rim or the wheel bearing goes out and wobbles a bit, could easily look to touch.

Also the parking brake is a real pain to get installed in the bracket. I finally just got it, but I had to loosen the adjuster alot. It didn't help I have Ridetech coilovers in place of where the OEM shocks are, so not alot of room to work with.

Today I will take some pictures, do some measuring of the calipers to the rim spokes. I also have to get the parking brake preloaded correctly and flush the brake lines and double check that everything is torque down correctly. Waiting on torque angle dial to come in so I can properly torque the axle nuts to 98 ft lbs and 45 degrees per the instructions from Ford.

The instruction says to pull the emergency brake one click and set the preload to the place where the wheels dont spin freely but not locked.

Do I need to adjust the spanner adjuster inside the hat any? I have is set completely closed or ran to bottoming out, not pushing the brake shoes out any. The Ford instructions mentions nothing about adjuster in the emergency brake hat and where to set it.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Looks good. Hopefully the rear stays clear.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

The rear calipers clear the 6GR 20X11 50mm rims.. but it is very very close to rubbing the spokes..

It was late so I didn't get any pictures yet or measure the distance. But it look very close to the spokes. There is no rubbing and wheel spins freely with no issue. But I will say if there is any deflection in the rim or the wheel bearing goes out and wobbles a bit, could easily look to touch.

Also the parking brake is a real pain to get installed in the bracket. I finally just got it, but I had to loosen the adjuster alot. It didn't help I have Ridetech coilovers in place of where the OEM shocks are, so not alot of room to work with.

Today I will take some pictures, do some measuring of the calipers to the rim spokes. I also have to get the parking brake preloaded correctly and flush the brake lines and double check that everything is torque down correctly. Waiting on torque angle dial to come in so I can properly torque the axle nuts to 98 ft lbs and 45 degrees per the instructions from Ford.

The instruction says to pull the emergency brake one click and set the preload to the place where the wheels dont spin freely but not locked.

Do I need to adjust the spanner adjuster inside the hat any? I have is set completely closed or ran to bottoming out, not pushing the brake shoes out any. The Ford instructions mentions nothing about adjuster in the emergency brake hat and where to set it.
Sounds interesting.
Can't wait for more pics.

Got a parts and price list?

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Congrats man on all the work!
Looks hella sharp.
You use GT350 knuckles?

2018whipplegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt
Looking to do front Gt350 rotors and calipers and PP Brembos on the rear o a stock Gt

Hey everyone, bought a set of GT 350 calipers and wheels for a car I'm having Lebanon Ford Build. Want to do the Gt350 fronts and PP brembo rears. The rear was going to be expensive with the knuckle and rotors and emer brake assemblies. Found the mounting bracket for the fronts at Fulltilt Boogie Racing parts for $295 a set. Does anyone have a different supplier for those brackets? Also Snook Ford in Missouri has some excellent pricing on Ford Performance parts. Working with them on rear brembo pp calipers and front rotors. Also some Ford performance racing (track) springs. Getting the new 3.0 Whipple. Should be done 10+14 days. Hoping for 800 rw.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, bought a set of GT 350 calipers and wheels for a car I'm having Lebanon Ford Build. Want to do the Gt350 fronts and PP brembo rears. The rear was going to be expensive with the knuckle and rotors and emer brake assemblies. Found the mounting bracket for the fronts at Fulltilt Boogie Racing parts for $295 a set. Does anyone have a different supplier for those brackets? Also Snook Ford in Missouri has some excellent pricing on Ford Performance parts. Working with them on rear brembo pp calipers and front rotors. Also some Ford performance racing (track) springs. Getting the new 3.0 Whipple. Should be done 10+14 days. Hoping for 800 rw.
There is no difference between the rear brakes you have and the PP other than color

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
They look great. Other than the bracket needed to run the front GT350 calipers on a GT, is there much additional cost going this route vs. the PP Brembo route? It looks like the GT350 calipers are about $200 per side and the rotors are about $250 per side. Are just the calipers, pads, rotors, and mounting brackets needed to use these on a GT? Also, is there any downside to running this on a GT with the stock rear brakes?

2018whipplegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt
Gt350 brakes on a Gt

Hey, they do look great.. they are massive calipers so you need the bigger wheels. I wanted to upgrade the rear brakes as well to the GT350 brakes but that required a lot of parts and expense. So I just wanted to do the one piece rear brembo performance package calipers. The set I have is grey and my plan is to paint or powder coat them red. Next I was going to paint them a contrasting color, not sure which one using the temperature changing paint. So they would be red when hot and a different color when they are cold.. Acquiring the parts now.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Hey, they do look great.. they are massive calipers so you need the bigger wheels. I wanted to upgrade the rear brakes as well to the GT350 brakes but that required a lot of parts and expense. So I just wanted to do the one piece rear brembo performance package calipers. The set I have is grey and my plan is to paint or powder coat them red. Next I was going to paint them a contrasting color, not sure which one using the temperature changing paint. So they would be red when hot and a different color when they are cold.. Acquiring the parts now.
Aren't the rear performance pack brakes the same as the standard GT ones? I thought just the front brakes were different?

2018whipplegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt
I don't believe they are. On the parts page there are the stock Gt rear brakes. The rear brembo are different but use the same mounts. The Gt350 have to use different spindles and emergency brake assembly.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Performance Pack rear brakes are the same as the regular GT and are not brembos. GT350 does have Brembos on the rear.
Sponsored