Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Nice choice! I like the V series Caddys myself. Too bad Ford/Lincoln doesn't offer any performance sedans along these lines. I can't afford a CTS but I considered the ATS before securing a Shelby. If this shitty ankle of mine gives out again I may not have much choice but to pick one up in that bright blue paint they offer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Sharp car. The fact that it's a new '16 still sitting on the lot. tells how realistic $76K was for that car.
I love my manual and V8 sound, so I could never make that switch but for your needs sounds like a better fit. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
I don’t believe that price is unrealistic for what you get. So, it’s the platform that isn’t the norm for Cadillac market. It’s a Coupe and most people buying Cadillacs are buying Sedans, Crossovers, and SUV. I haven’t seen Cadillac doing too much to promote the V series. It’s got so many additional features for the track that the average consumer isn’t interested in, they cannot justify paying for features they would not be using. Even though I probably won’t use the track features, the suspension and engine alone justified the price tag, imo. The dealership was really cool and honest about why they still had 16’s on the lot. They actually brought it up. I’m not saying that I would pay $76k for it but at $50 k it’s a hell of a car. Cadillac really needs to advertise the V series because they’re really great cars. Most people have no idea about them.

There is nothing that will ever sound like a naturally aspirated v8, and I enjoyed the Mustang very much. The Caddy is a better fit for me at this point in my life.

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Nice choice! I like the V series Caddys myself. Too bad Ford/Lincoln doesn't offer any performance sedans along these lines. I can't afford a CTS but I considered the ATS before securing a Shelby. If this shitty ankle of mine gives out again I may not have much choice but to pick one up in that bright blue paint they offer.
There’s a dealership in Miami with a Certified Pre owned 2016 Coupe in that blue for $50k with only 4000k miles on it.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I don’t believe that price is unrealistic for what you get. So, it’s the platform that isn’t the norm for Cadillac market. It’s a Coupe and most people buying Cadillacs are buying Sedans, Crossovers, and SUV. I haven’t seen Cadillac doing too much to promote the V series. It’s got so many additional features for the track that the average consumer isn’t interested in, they cannot justify paying for features they would not be using. Even though I probably won’t use the track features, the suspension and engine alone justified the price tag, imo. The dealership was really cool and honest about why they still had 16’s on the lot. They actually brought it up. I’m not saying that I would pay $76k for it but at $50 k it’s a hell of a car. Cadillac really needs to advertise the V series because they’re really great cars. Most people have no idea about them.

There is nothing that will ever sound like a naturally aspirated v8, and I enjoyed the Mustang very much. The Caddy is a better fit for me at this point in my life.
I agree for $50k it’s a great deal.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love the ats-v sedan. I poke around every once in awhile to see if there are any good deals available.

The ONLY issue with the car is that I can't get a V-8 in it. There's nothing like that v-8 sound and it takes a lot to make a turbo 6 (or any 6) sound good

Sponsored

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I love the ats-v sedan. I poke around every once in awhile to see if there are any good deals available.

The ONLY issue with the car is that I can't get a V-8 in it. There's nothing like that v-8 sound and it takes a lot to make a turbo 6 (or any 6) sound good
The V series sedans are selling very well and it’s hard to find a good deal on them unless you’re looking to lease. It’s the coupes that aren’t selling as well and good deals are out there for them.

Cadillac is coming out with a twin turbo v8 in 2019 which is going to be a monster engine. Still won’t sound anything like a naturally aspirated v8 though.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The V series sedans are selling very well and it’s hard to find a good deal on them unless you’re looking to lease. It’s the coupes that aren’t selling as well and good deals are out there for them.

Cadillac is coming out with a twin turbo v8 in 2019 which is going to be a monster engine. Still won’t sound anything like a naturally aspirated v8 though.

They're the only ATS that actually sell well. I saw the twin turbo v-8 coming out in the CT6 V-Sport, I wouldn't be mad at that either. I actually like all Cadillacs, always have. I just like a car I can get with a stick :headbang:

I figured my goal is that by the time I can afford an ATS-V the way I want it, I can also just get a Corvette and Lease a ATS or CTS as a DD.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Congrats Jeanne. I remember watching all the crap you went through. I had a 13 ATS Performance 2.0T. It ran great and was probably the best handling car I ever had. While it was not the fastest, It was tight as a drum. Service at Ed Morse Sawgrass was good, but not at the BMW level and either makes Ford look crappy in comparison (but even Hyundai is better there).
Downside...tiny miniscule trunk bordering unusable, and RECALLS! DAMN, I must have gotten 5-6 RECALLS on that ATS!
Good luck with the car Jeanne. They drive great.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Congrats Jeanne. I remember watching all the crap you went through. I had a 13 ATS Performance 2.0T. It ran great and was probably the best handling car I ever had.
Still have mine that I ordered in Feb 2013. Definitely the best handling (stock) car I've owned, including all the Mustangs, Trans Ams, Formulas, etc.. Or the 3 series and Audis of the day I cross shopped. It's even better than the new Camaros I've driven since GM had to tweak the near perfect pure Alpha chassis of the ATS for the larger Camaro.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Neighbor across from me has one of those. Not sure if he's got an aftermarket exhaust or anything on it, but first time the wife saw it she asked why does it sound like a Honda :doh: Guess it could be a turbo V6 thing though. Nice looking car though. Wouldn't mind running him sometime to see how the cars stack up.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Neighbor across from me has one of those. Not sure if he's got an aftermarket exhaust or anything on it, but first time the wife saw it she asked why does it sound like a Honda :doh: Guess it could be a turbo V6 thing though. Nice looking car though. Wouldn't mind running him sometime to see how the cars stack up.
From ATS-V forum:

Some clown in a Mustang tried to run me. Did a roll from 30 MPH. Looked in my mirror at about ~120 and saw the Mustang cart-wheeling down the median. Went back to help but nobody was in the car. So back tracked and found the Mustang driver laying on the road. I asked him what happened and he said "you took off so fast, I thought my car had stropped so I got out to see what was wrong with it."

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Congratulations on your new Caddy and ignore the assholes. Back in the day I had a '96 STS. Best over the road car I have ever owned. You could drive it for 8 hours at a stretch and when you got out it felt like you had been laying on the couch all day.

Caution! The rate of depreciation even after your great deal will make your head spin. :shocked:

OP
OP
PonyGrrrl

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Congrats Jeanne. I remember watching all the crap you went through. I had a 13 ATS Performance 2.0T. It ran great and was probably the best handling car I ever had. While it was not the fastest, It was tight as a drum. Service at Ed Morse Sawgrass was good, but not at the BMW level and either makes Ford look crappy in comparison (but even Hyundai is better there).
Downside...tiny miniscule trunk bordering unusable, and RECALLS! DAMN, I must have gotten 5-6 RECALLS on that ATS!
Good luck with the car Jeanne. They drive great.
Thanks! That was quite an ordeal.

My best friend has a 16 ATS 2.0 sedan and I drive it all the time, it is a great car. It may have influenced me to take an interest in Cadillac, she won’t drive anything but a Cadillac after her first ATS lease was up. The 2.0 is no slouch but not enough power for me, lol. I’ve been wanting to try a twin turbo v6 and briefly entertained the idea of an Infinity Q60 Coupe but I think I got bored of seeing so many G35 & G37 coupes and the Q didn’t really do it for me. The specs and reviews of the ATS V really peaked my interest then I stumbled upon the one I bought and couldn’t pass up the deal. I literally was dreaming about the car for a week while I played the dealership, acting like I wasn’t very interested in parting with my Mustang and making them chase after me, lol.

I hate Ed Morse at Sawgrass and would rather take the drive to Pembrook Pines and have Vera Cadillac do the service. The customer service that I’ve received from Vera has been very good. My best friend and I had a shitty experience at Ed Morse trying to buy her a certified pre owned ATS a few years ago. They dicked us around and sold a car that we left a deposit on 24 hours prior by telephone and e mail. We had an appointment the very next day to buy it. They sold it a few hours before our appointment. I thought that was really shady business and I will never give them any of my business.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not too fond of Ed Morse myself. Didn't know about Vera. Anyhow, good luck with the car!
Sponsored