5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Chrome? Blasphemy! Well at least you have something to match the lugs, hehe, lol, jk
Sponsored

AGM2018

So...I found a dealer who will use an existing allocation in the system to custom build a 2018 Ecoboost Premium, with the Performance Package to my custom specifications. I am, of course, ordering the car in Lightening Blue. I can't decide, however, if I want to upgrade to the optional 19" Luster aluminum wheels or order it with the black wheels included in the Performance Package. I have two days to decide (before the dealer's window closes to submit my custom build). I think the black wheels accent the car very well...but, I also think the 19" Luster wheels provide a unique look as well. What wheel did those of you who purchased an Ecoboost in Lightening Blue, with the Performance Package select? And please, if all the input you have to offer is, "Forget the Ecoboost and buy a GT!"...simply don't provide any input at all. I don't want this question to turn into a "You should buy a GT" debacle. Thanks for providing your reasons and opinions...I appreciate your time and efforts to provide honest feedback on this question.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i prefer silver myself on LB.

Crappy pic, and the car sits funny because of the angle of my driveway, but here's mine on silver 6gr's.

39662276070_bfb4672e44_h.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Chrome? Blasphemy! Well at least you have something to match the lugs, hehe, lol, jk
I like the way you think, saves me $60 there! I just really love the way the grille looks as is so I'm not sure I'm going to mess with it at all.

I can't decide, however, if I want to upgrade to the optional 19" Luster aluminum wheels or order it with the black wheels included in the Performance Package. I have two days to decide (before the dealer's window closes to submit my custom build). I think the black wheels accent the car very well...but, I also think the 19" Luster wheels provide a unique look as well.
Obviously I'm all for black where possible, but I like the style of the optional wheels better than the Eco PP wheels so I'd go for those. You can always get it powder coated later on when you get the black itch ;)

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i prefer silver myself on LB.

Crappy pic, and the car sits funny because of the angle of my driveway, but here's mine on silver 6gr's.

39662276070_bfb4672e44_h.jpg
Looks good. What spoiler do you have on there? I'm debating adding one to mine (black or lightning blue)

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My EB PP came with black wheels, but I'm going for a blue and silver color combination and bought chrome finish wheels for my summer tires, and painted the OE wheels silver to wear snow tires. IMO, the PP wheels look much better in silver.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I like the Dark Tarnish PP2 wheels but I'll have to settle for the PP black ones for now. I won't even see my car for another 6 weeks anyway.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
[MENTION=31158]AGM2018[/MENTION] if i didn't get a PP2, i was going to get the silver nickel luster wheels. the black pp1 wheels are just too busy to me.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Wheels on Lighting Blue Mustang GT

I like the ones that came from factory for now. :D
IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg
IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0754.jpg

AGM2018

So...I decided to go with the stock black PP wheels, vice the optional silver luster wheels. I arranged a business deal with the dealership to have the poor, in my opinion, OEM Pirelli's changed out to Michelin Pilot Sport A/3'S for $300. I will use the other $495 towards the purchase of an aftermarket intercooler...CP-E and ATM are the two models I am considering (any opinions on which is better?). And depending on how the stock tune performs, and if Ford produces a FR Performance Tune for the 18 EB, I may consider tuning the car as well. Thanks for all of your input...I appreciate it. Now if August will get here quickly, I will pick my car up!!

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So...I decided to go with the stock black PP wheels, vice the optional silver luster wheels. I arranged a business deal with the dealership to have the poor, in my opinion, OEM Pirelli's changed out to Michelin Pilot Sport A/3'S for $300. I will use the other $495 towards the purchase of an aftermarket intercooler...CP-E and ATM are the two models I am considering (any opinions on which is better?). And depending on how the stock tune performs, and if Ford produces a FR Performance Tune for the 18 EB, I may consider tuning the car as well. Thanks for all of your input...I appreciate it. Now if August will get here quickly, I will pick my car up!!
Good move on the A/S 3's... Was the first thing I did when I purchased my car..
Sponsored