OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Hmm will be doing a full cover Xpel, warranty or not doubt Ford will also pay for the Xpel that has to be reapplied after they fix their production defects.

Do these rust/corrosion spots develop over time or can you spot them right away ?
They only appear over time.
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
You are not the only one with rust.....a few here that I know and quite a few on the German forum. Mine too :frusty: drivers door, bottom edge on the inside had rust in 3 places. Ford decided to change the door and I must say have done a great job. All covered under warranty.
Just got back from the dealer, my water-leak issue is still unclear who's gonna pay for it but most likely it's on me.

For the hood corrosion it was clear that it's coming from underneath the paint so it's either a fix/cutting/repaint etc. but most likely a new hood and paint.

And it thought I could keep this car original!!!:frusty:

Hmm will be doing a full cover Xpel, warranty or not doubt Ford will also pay for the Xpel that has to be reapplied after they fix their production defects.

Do these rust/corrosion spots develop over time or can you spot them right away ?
They develop overtime yes, I don't think this would pas the additional QC they do before shipping overseas... although some other QC issues pas there eyes/test!

I spotted this last weekend, car is 2.5 yeas in service and almost 3 years since build date.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just wondering, did anyone had a successful repair on this corrosion issue without replacing the hood? I kinda bothers me that I can not keep the car original since the dealership immediately said they will replace the hood!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
It will be still original with a new stock hood :)

Sponsored

EstMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT, 2011 Alfa Romeo 159 SW TBI TI
Got PowerPack 2 installed today. First one in my country, as they said at the (only) official dealership this morning. Not too difficult to achieve that position, as there's maybe 20 EU Mustangs sold here, I am guessing. Anyway - first impressions, it really works as advertised :-). The car is noticeably more "alive" at low RPM, and around 4000-5000 RPM things do move. Faster! The sound in cabin is certainly affected by deleting the soundtube (as I think was done as per other comments in the forum), still have to think if I like new sound situation more than previous. As I did very limited KM's after the install, too early to compare the effects on standard and sportplus mode, but initial impression was that the standard mode was affected more, as it was really lazy in low RPM before. Anyway, happy with the results!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Power Upgrade Unlocked
Tuned by “Coyote tunes”? Gongrats! :headbang:

2016 or 17? How does it feel compared to the EcoBoost?

Post pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It's a 2016 GT Automatic that was actually built in the same week as my EB. I bought it in Germany and just finished the Dutch registration process. More pics will follow next week when I've had time to clean it up.
2018050418.jpg

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why does it have the EB grill ? Pretty brave buying a GT in the Netherlands imported or not taxes are crazy.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nice, love the wheels. What size tires did you get?
Sponsored