Sponsored

New turbo recommendation, Comp 3.0 oil less?

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I want to upgrade from my PTE 5976 journal bearing turbos to Comp oil less turbos. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new Comp 3.0 oil less turbos? I'm still on the stock engine so I'm not looking to go too huge, I mainly want to get rid of the scavenge pump setup for peace of mind. I just want a reliable turbo setup that I don't have to worry about every time I drive my car.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Give the guys at LPF a call. It's what they run in their kits

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I’ve been running the Comp 6062’s on my car and I believe they’re rated for 750hp each. All I’ve done is give them 3 pumps with their special grease every 5000 miles during an oil change and they are working great.
With the grease there is no concern of oil coking after a fast shutdown. I have no complaints at all.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
So I want to upgrade from my PTE 5976 journal bearing turbos to Comp oil less turbos. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new Comp 3.0 oil less turbos? I'm still on the stock engine so I'm not looking to go too huge, I mainly want to get rid of the scavenge pump setup for peace of mind. I just want a reliable turbo setup that I don't have to worry about every time I drive my car.

Thanks!
The Comp oil less turbos are junk. Had a friend that spent more time installing and uninstalling them for warranty work. He ended up having to buy a 3rd turbo for his twin turbo lpf kit to keep car running. Now with that said a properly built kit the comp oil less turbos may do well so since a correctly built set of turbo headers would not produce the ungodly back pressure issues that throw the compressor wheel into the housing wall. The Comps do not have a thrust bearing for this the back pressure from using stock 5.0 headers

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
The Comp oil less turbos are junk. Had a friend that spent more time installing and uninstalling them for warranty work. He ended up having to buy a 3rd turbo for his twin turbo lpf kit to keep car running. Now with that said a properly built kit the comp oil less turbos may do well so since a correctly built set of turbo headers would not produce the ungodly back pressure issues that throw the compressor wheel into the housing wall. The Comps do not have a thrust bearing for this the back pressure from using stock 5.0 headers
Which version was he running? The new Comps 3.0 oil-less turbos do have thrust bearings. Just like Comps Triplex Ceramic turbos.

http://compturbo.com/spotlights/oil-less

Sponsored

OP
OP

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered some Comp CX3 6062 3.0 oil less turbos. Comp answered the phone on the first ring and the tech guy talked with me for a good 20 minutes or so. So far the customer service has been great. Tried calling Pte multiple times and no answer or call back.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Like completely missing. I know several others with the same issue. It's frustrating.

Even with red locktite they come off. Comp really needs to make a revision, but for now they just will mail you a replacement fitting.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Is it stripping the threads on the way out or just slowing backing out til they fall off ?

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Lol what!?!

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I run them and have not had issues past the zerk fittings pushing out constantly.
Worst turbos ever. They work for a while. Customers end up shipping their turbos in for warranty over and over and over. I want my car to run at least 90% of the time. Maybe weld the zero fittings :doh:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Which version was he running? The new Comps 3.0 oil-less turbos do have thrust bearings. Just like Comps Triplex Ceramic turbos.

http://compturbo.com/spotlights/oil-less
It does not matter which version. Every revision has had problems. And they have revised their oil less version many times. They even tried blaming LPF for their crappy design. Going turbo the cheap route aint so fun. Bottom line is turbo kits are just damn expensive.

sccapri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Thanks!
Curious as to why your switching/upgrading turbos.
Sponsored