Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
WOW...just WOW.

When I started this thread almost three and a half years ago, I never imagined it would still be active after all of this time, and that people would still battling Ford for a fix to the drive shaft debacle. Astounding. And very, very sad.

I bought my 2015 V6 Convertible in December of 2014, took it back to the dealer in January 2015 for drive line vibration, and was given the runaround by Ford until arbitration deemed the car a lemon in October of 2015.

I am now the proud owner of a new 2018 Dodge Charger R/T. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would actually buy a Mopar on purpose, but I am very impressed with the fantastic initial quality. Things really seem to have changed in the last few years over at Daimler-Chrysler-Plymouth-Jeep-Eagle-FCA-DeSoto, or whatever the hell they are calling themselves this week. I can honestly say that the fit and finish is on par with all of the Japanese marques I used to buy before they started all looking like insect-faced Manga monsters.

Will the Charger hold up? Or will it grenade on me at 5,000 miles? Geez, who knows. My wife's 2010 Sebring convertible had the tranny rebuilt twice in the first 40,000 miles before she got fed up and went back to Mazda. At least the Chrysler dealer didn't try to weasel out of their responsibility; both times they fixed the car as quickly as possible, and both times gave my wife a brand new Chrysler 200 as a loaner, no questions asked. And the Charger does feel light years more advanced than the Sebring, perhaps because of the Daimler DNA that's in it. Time will tell. Wish me luck!!

For anyone considering the arbitration process to have their car deemed a lemon, I say go for it. The process is easy, and Ford's defense is pathetically weak. If anyone is on the fence regarding replacement vs. repurchase, I urge you to take the money and run. Run fast, run far.

For those of you that want to keep your Mustangs in spite of all the troubles, I get it. I really do. I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that everything eventually gets fixed to your satisfaction.

I love Mustangs. Always have, always will. But I believe that I have finally learned my lesson. For me, it's over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got my Dynotech shaft install complete along with 1/8th shims in the trans crossmember, So far feels pretty good no major vibrations like I had before, I'm not gonna say yet that I'm 100% cured until I put some more miles on it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
How much of a shim did you use...

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
As I posted before my 2015 didn't have a vibration problem when I first got it . My car started showing problems as I added more mods to the car . Mine is so bad now I just want to trade it in for a 2018 .. In order to do that I would have to remove my procharger and all the other mods I added to the car and sell them off .. So today I started to remove the mods , cradle lock out brackets , Bushing lock outs and my Viking drag shocks .. With all these items removed I took the car for a drive and I'm happy to report the car has zero vibrations now , also gone is my ring gear wining sound at 40 MPH .. The car is now smooth as glass from 50 to 80 MPH .. Even the rear view mirror is steady and clear .. Night and day difference , so much so I can now hear my exhaust.. I know that sounds strange but it is true , hell the radio even sounds better and now I can turn it down and still hear it ..

In my case I feel the mods to the rear of the car for drag racing caused my vibration problems .. I also feel that my problem is not the problem that other are having ..Mine must have some vibrations coming from the drive shaft but I can't feel them, but adding the mods caused the small bit unfelt vibrations to be amplified into the cabin of my car .. The stock bushings are in my case doing what they should do and absorbing what little vibrations my car makes ..

So I'm in a pickle now ..No real need to trade the car in , but without the Mods to the rear the car it suffers at the drag strip .. So put the mods back on and live with vibrations or leave the mods off and just enjoy the car on the street ..

Again I know my problem must be different than most of the guys here are having ..But for those that have added mods to the rear of the car to fix the problem it doesn't seem to be a cure , in my case it caused the problem .. I just wanted to post my findings and you can do what you want with the info ..

Last edited:
Reactions: A7X

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
In my case i have all the suspension stuff needed for the track and the street. I have a D1x a circle d 5c.. i dont have any vibrations i have a little more noise but its so slight I barely notice. I guess its hit or miss, but it also comes down to what your willing to tolerate to go faster. Some cars are just better then others when it comes to modding, even if its the same exact model.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So after a few hundred miles of testing with the Dynotech shaft I have no more vibration at highway speeds and I can finally see out of my rear view mirror, Only negative is I now have some vibration under full throttle mainly in 2nd gear possibly from the one piece shaft having no guibo or incorrect pinion angle.

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
I am considering buying a 16 v6 with 2300 miles. I am concerned that a vibe may show up later even if the test drive doesnt show one. Should I walk away and get a 18 ecoboost or take the chance and deal with the vibe if it happens and hope it can be fixed.

Sponsored

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I agree. I have a '17 that I bought CPO with 22k on the odo. It had the vib which I initially thought was a wheel balance issue. After 6 months it was finally fixed. IMHO, skip the '16 and go for the '18. You'll be happier.

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
I dont have a vibe after 22000 miles, so I hadnt realized this was such a 15-17 problem.Is it possible that 45% of these cars have vibes? So says the poll. I hate to let this great deal on the v6 go but I dont need the hassles that come from a car Ford cant fix.Looks like its a 18 manual Ecoboost

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bump. I have a vibration that starts around 100mph in my GT. I replaced the wheels and tires and had them road force balanced and it still does it. It doesnt vibrate in 1st or 2nd only at the top of 3rd and through out 4th gear at high speeds. Is it my driveshaft?
Sponsored